REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:32 AM   #26
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Supposedly one of the victims, Tori Johnson, died while trying to wrestle a gun from the hostage taker as he was dozing off. Presumably that triggered the storming of the place.

RIP to Tori Johnson and Katrina Dawson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
considering they had snipers surrounding the place, im surprised they didn't shoot him when he was spotted by the window (if they were planning on taking him down anyhow)

surprised they stormed the place considering his claims of having a bomb and having set several bombs around the city
You're surprised they didn't shoot him but also surprised they killed him due to bomb claims?
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:50 AM   #27
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,293 Times in 2,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
i haven't read all the details, but get the general gist here re: the standoff, but in reality, would any of us have a problem if they'd have ended it much sooner with a well timed, expertly executed sniper shot to the upper torso or head? (we can assume this guy was not smart enough to stay out of shot the entire time.

I appreciate that with give or take 30 people inside that would have been hard so as to avoid collateral damage, but i don't doubt it could have been done - for the sake of two innocent people, i'm not sure the standoff was worth it for the chance of a peaceful resolution here.
I'm on my phone now, so I'm gonna keep it short, but I suggest you read into the news story first because doing so would give you the reason why it wasn't feasible to snipe the gunman - he had the hostages standing by the storefront window, with their hands placed on the front glass, where each hostage may be standing up to 2 hours at a time. And then the gunman himself was often seen pacing back and forth in the store.

Neither of those situations sound like scenarios where a sniper could get a clear fatal shot to me.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:07 AM   #28
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
You're surprised they didn't shoot him but also surprised they killed him due to bomb claims?
im surprised they did storm in to kill him because of the bomb claims

and im surprised that since they did decide to storm the place that they didn't snipe him instead (double rainbow )

as for not being able to snipe because of hostages at the windows, as seen on the news he was seen at the window several times without hostages in the way

im more interested in how the decision to go in came about and if they tried anything else other than biding their time
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:13 AM   #29
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
what sickens me is when tourist are taking selfies outside the cafe and then posting it... I wanted to smack them or throw them into that cafe... are they fucking retards and think its funny