REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 12-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #1
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
Product for Engine Bay

What's the best product to use to clean my engine bay? While I have some things taken apart I want to clean everything really good.. it's so dusty and gross. Nothing that I need to spray off with water just wipe down.

Any recommendations?
Advertisement
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #2
I am Hook'd on RS

I like to use Simple Green.You can pick up the 2 pack comp( 1 full spray bottle,and 2.95 L refill) at Costco.(Don't forget to cover your distributor,and wear safety glasses)

Start from underneath the hood,and then the engine bay area.Use a soft brush on painted surfaces,and a stiff brush on the engine.Rinse off,inspect,and re apply if necessary.I usually like to use an old towel to pat dry the inside fenders,fan belts ,pulleys,and manifold area.This will minimize over spray coming off the engine.Remove cover off distributor,and any tools or brushes.

Start engine,and let the motor warm up a bit or until dry(2-4 min Max).With the engine turned off. You may have to clean up some over spray that has come off the fan belts or pulleys. Carefully spray with your garden hose ,and pat dry. Hope this helps.
Gsxrghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2014, 08:57 AM   #3
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
If you want it thoroughly clean, you're going to have to rinse w/ water.

I use wheel cleaner for under the hood and engine bay.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:19 AM   #4
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Not quite engine bay but I used Super Clean degreaser from Canadian tire (in a purple bottle) when I cleaned my transmission a couple of days ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #5
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
Not quite engine bay but I used Super Clean degreaser from Canadian tire (in a purple bottle) when I cleaned my transmission a couple of days ago
haha oh ya I've used that before.. that stuff stings my eyeballs and lungs. It cleans the greasiest nastiest shit off but I can't breath for 2 days and lose a few brain cells. I used that on my tranny too it made it look brand new.

I don't really need a degreaser so much as a detailer I guess.. what I really need is a blowgun then something to make it all shiny ( we used to use tire shine in the shop for all the plastic covers) its not very good long term but it made it all look brand new
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote