REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Vancouver Christmas Market and other things to do (https://www.revscene.net/forums/700260-vancouver-christmas-market-other-things-do.html)

Presto 12-16-2014 04:09 PM

Vancouver Christmas Market and other things to do

My wife wants to do check out some Christmas events, and mentioned the Vancouver Christmas Market. We went in 2012, and I thought it sucked ass. 7 bucks admission to get in, and then you're just buying overpriced stuff from vendors. I like they added a carousel, but I still remember my bitterness of the whole thing. Has anyone checked it out, yet?

How about other events? We would prefer east of the Port Mann, but I guess anything decent is going to be in Vancouver.

!Aznboi128 12-16-2014 04:21 PM

If you have car2go and they're there you can get in for free. The food was the same as last year nothing really special but if you go with a big enough group you can always have fun with friends.

jinxcrusader 12-16-2014 05:58 PM

Van Dusen gardens is great
Bright Lights at Stanley Park

turb0triX 12-16-2014 07:12 PM

Canyon Lights | Capilano Suspension Bridge Park

inv4zn 12-16-2014 07:22 PM

^
Have you been to Capilano?

$35 for adult seems kinda high, even if it has a year pass.

SpeedStars 12-16-2014 07:27 PM

Christmas market wasn't that great when I went last year either. Paying admission to get expensive stuff where you could get elsewhere? No thanks. Bright nights was good and you could always stop at the lookout points afterwards

ShanghaiKid 12-16-2014 07:27 PM

Don't go to Christmas market.

Once again, don't go to the Christmas market.

You're welcome.

keifun 12-16-2014 08:34 PM

christmas market was lame.

went there once with an online groupon discount and I still think the admission is expensive. Over priced food and stuff to buy.

But then again there is really nothing else around lower mainland, unless you drive around and look at lights. I believe. the Province or The Sun posts a list of addresses of homes with lights to see.

meme405 12-16-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keifun (Post 8570214)
But then again there is really nothing else around lower mainland, unless you drive around and look at lights. I believe. the Province or The Sun posts a list of addresses of homes with lights to see.

This is always good fun.

Drove up to Jim Pattison's house last week, his light display has steadily come down in quality. I was kinda disappointed actually.

Lots of other good houses to go see though, all over the lower mainland.

TOS'd 12-16-2014 10:46 PM

Heritage Christmas | Burnaby Village Museum

Admission: Free ($2.50 Carousel Rides as well)

kyleyap 12-17-2014 09:41 AM

Van Dusen Gardens is sort of expensive just to walk around in the cold and look at lights...Admission was $15.00

Liquid_o2 12-17-2014 09:45 AM

I thought Van Dusen was awesome this year, they put on a really good display, was worth the entry fee. Christmas Market is ok, 7 bucks entry but you can go as many times as you want, I had to go 3 times with different family members and the gf, so the price wasn't too bad.

Woodwards windows at Canada Place are free! Trinity Street lights are free (near PNE).

punkwax 12-20-2014 09:04 AM

Anyone happen to have a coupon code for Van Dusen gardens? Taking the family tonight and it's supposed to be raining.. hoping to save a few bucks seeing as we probably won't be there long.

TIA! :fullofwin:

pastarocket 12-20-2014 09:31 AM

Grouse Mountain has a "Peak of Christmas" winter festival right now. They have this family
admission ticket for 2 adults, 2 kids for $79.95.

https://www.grousemountain.com/produ...-family-ticket

They also sell this "Alpine Experience", albeit at a pricey $41.95 ticket per adult that gives you this experience:

Alpine Experience
Includes Skyride and seasonal Plateau Activities like the World Famous Lumberjack Show, the Birds in Motion Demonstration and more. In winter, enjoy sleigh rides, mountaintop ice-skating and access to snowshoe trails.
Peak of Christmas celebration.

https://www.grousemountain.com/event...014#.VJW_6sAGA

Infinitii 12-23-2014 07:09 PM

For the Christmas Market free entry after buying it once, do they check ID? I want to give it to my brother to go

v_tec 12-23-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinitii (Post 8572749)
For the Christmas Market free entry after buying it once, do they check ID? I want to give it to my brother to go

The first time you enter, you would have received something like this:

Forget about the left portion and registering your name/etc.
But on the right hand side..the smaller part. You will have to fill in your name + and they will check it against your ID.

So if you haven't wrote anything on there yet...then yes you can give it to your bro.