REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Photography Lab

Photography Lab THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
A place to display digital masterpieces, enhance photography skills, photoshop, and share photo tips with one another...

Old 12-19-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
I STILL don't get it

Micro SD card for GOPRO

Bought 2 X Lexar Micro SD Card (model number AMSDC-232) online but the seller ended up sending 2 X SanDisk Extreme microSDHC (SDSDQXL-032G) and said Lexar sku has been discontinued and Sandisk is a better card in comparison.

My question is, Lexar sku is 600X (90MB read (cant find write speed) and SanDisk sku is 300X (45mb write 45mb write) How is that a better card?

FYI: I am going to shoot some 4K gorpo video with it.
Advertisement
604Sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #2
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Look up real world read/write tests, they aren't always what the manufacturer specifies. On that note I don't have an answer to which is a better card.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Write speeds vary wildly with sd cards, especially cheaper ones. The read speed is only achieved (and this is real world as I've some 600x SD cards) if you have a USB3 card reader and a USB3 port. Otherwise, you're never going to see those speeds in real life. Write speeds can be one number, but factors like camera buffer can affect real life performance.

If you're shooting 4k video, try and find the fastest writing cards. According to Lexar's website, their 600x write minimum 90MB/s.

What does 100x, 200x, 400x, and 600x (1x=150KB/s) performance mean? | Lexar
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote