REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 12-27-2014, 07:23 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
BDP/Media players with component?

I guess it's "sort of" a Buy & Sell post, since ultimately I'd love to do a trade... but primarily I'm wondering if anyone has and can suggest a network media player (Netflix, Plex and YouTube, mainly) that has component video outputs... ideally something that will work with my Harmony remote (which rules out PS3, unfortunately, as the kid does have one of those, but they don't have IR remote support).

I have a couple Blu-Ray players that do it, but one has HDMI and composite video only (plus optical, coax and analog audio), and the other has digital (HDMI and optical audio) only...

Problem is, my projector has only composite/S-video/DVI/VGA inputs. The Sony BDP won't display on it via HDMI-to-DVI adapter, although the Shaw Gateway does, so I know the DVI input works... but still need analog video to feed the amp. So right now I'm running only composite video out of the Sony.

The LG BDP has digital output only, so even if the video works via HDMI-to-DVI, I have no way to get audio out of it.

If someone can suggest something cheap that will do the job, by all means... if you HAVE something you'd be willing to swap for either BDP, I'm down with that as well (honestly, I don't even use the disc function in either).

Edit: oh yeah, I have a Chromecast and a little Android media player box as well (Pivos XIOS), but both are also HDMI only, no way to get analog audio out of them
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:07 PM   #2
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,380 Times in 3,462 Posts
Harmony makes an adapter that will let you control your PS3 with your remote.