REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
I bringith the lowerballerith

My flyer that I get in the mail was tampered with?

The airmiles coupon section was ripped off from a flyer that I get delivered into my mailbox. (i live in a condo)

Obviously the coupon missing is not a big deal but the fact that someone was able to and did take it because they wanted it raises concerns for my other mails.

Does canada post handle the flyers and various spam that i get in the mail?

If it was the mailman, then I want to raise hell and file a complaint but if it happened before the flyer got into the mailmans possesion for delivery, then i guess i cant really do much about it?

What do you guys think?
Advertisement
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
Does the mail area have cameras?
sdubfid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:37 PM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
in a condo it should be covered by the postman, since papers are communal and just dropped off in the middle of the lobby usually
Old 12-31-2014, 04:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubfid View Post
Does the mail area have cameras?
it does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
in a condo it should be covered by the postman, since papers are communal and just dropped off in the middle of the lobby usually
my mailbox is in the lobby, the flyers are delivered directly into my mailbox meaning i have to unlock my box to retrieve it.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:05 AM   #5
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
is this the first time or has it happened before?
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 05:50 AM   #6
I subscribe to Revscene

Wait for the mailman to come next time and demand an explanation
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:36 AM   #7

first time it has happened, however i recently did not get a credit card i was expecting. i called the bank yesterday and they told me i should've gotten it a month ago. i reordered it and it is getting delivered to my branch.

I'm just making the connection now, if any.. but starting to get real suspicious.

yeah i don't mind trying to confront the mailman, ill have to figure out the timeframe he delivers though.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:12 AM   #8
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
My Mastercard showed up about a month and a bit after I requested it. Got the replacement one within a few days. The one that showed up late didn't seem opened or anything.

I honestly don't think it's the postal carrier, but file a complaint anyway - you never know.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:49 AM   #9
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
less worried about coupons, more worried about credit cards. my friend had his stuff stolen out of his apt mailbox because a thief was using a bump key and was raiding all the apts. on his street until someone caught him in the act. they found his beat up old van and the back was full of stolen mail from flyers to pension cheques.

and you think living in a house is better? remember that canada post is phasing out door delivery and going 100% supermailboxes... crooks are rejoicing across canada
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:53 PM   #10
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I had to file a mail complaint a few years ago when the Airmiles envelopes that were supposed to contain Starbucks gift cards that I had redeemed for were in my mailbox torn open and the cards missing.

Canada Post said the carrier wouldn't have put them in the community box like that so someone must've broken in and taken them and said they would make note but didn't really care (LSS). Either way, Airmiles replaced them and sent them registered to my house. +1 for Airmiles.
jdmfemme is offline   Reply With Quote