REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 01-01-2015, 04:26 PM   #1
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,118 Times in 161 Posts
Gaming headsets!

Happy new years everyone!

im in the market for a new gaming head set compatible with PS4 and PC.

i have looked at the Logitech G930 wireless gaming head set and reviews are pretty decent

does anyone have any head set recommendations?

budget is 100-250
i would prefer wireless because its more chillin when im playing ps4 and there arnt long ass wires from the tv. i would consider a wired headset if its really good.

thanks in advance everyone.
Advertisement
Jayboogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 05:18 PM   #2
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
i have the G930 and so far its decent, i think for the price there may be better options? the bass response is lacking. although im not expecting to blow my ear drums off, any kind of bass is cracking which is annoying. im still trying to track down the issue to see if theres a bass boost somewhere that i turned on accidentally casuing any bass to crack n pop
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2015, 05:32 PM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
I have the g930 and I like it for its convenience. Comfort wise I can game on it for hours (and I wear glasses). Sound quality is good for games...very average for music. I've had it for 4 years now and the faux leather pads will eventually rip. Battery used to be great (10 hours)...now I average maybe only 5-6 but you can order replacements. On Windows 8 I can't use it on USB 3 or I get connection problems..legacy USB 2 works fine.

If you can get one for $100 or less then it's a decent buy. Any more then I'd rather buy real headphones.

G930 is PC only...I have the PWSHEE which is compatible with both but I wouldn't recommend it based on comfort. http://www.amazon.ca/Pulse-Wireless-.../dp/B0087OZ5FG
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2015, 06:44 PM   #4
The Speed Syndicate

Thanked 3,077 Times in 522 Posts
i used to have a sennheiser hd 555 that i performed the mod to make it equivalent to an hd595 mod - i also had a mic that i clipped and used as a gaming headset

i got tempted and actually sold that setup and went with an astro a40 - I didnt regret it one bit - the astro a40 is quite good for what it is (mainly due to the amplifier it comes with)

i tried logitech's lineup of headsets but found them to be uncomfortable after a while since it didn't cup my ears that well

otherall though, i think its probably better going with a dedicated headphone + mic

something like this: AntLion Audio ? AntLion Audio

would probably last you longer and grant you the best quality - however though with your budget + need for ps4 - i would go with the ps4 gold wireless headset and pick up something like Beyerdynamic DT-990 or Audio Technica (sp?) - or for an all-in-one solution astro a40/a50

TSS x Revscene Track Day Organizer

1991 Formula Red NSX - 3.2L ITB
kchan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Steelseries Siberia V2 Headset Headphones 18-28000HZ 40OHM Microphone - Black -ANALOG Connection

very comfortable
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2015, 09:40 PM   #6
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

i have a pair of logitech g35 which is the wired version of the g930. i purchased them on sale for about 100 bucks.

they are fairly comfortable, i haven't used it for more then a few hours at a time. i think i read an online review that the g930's cut out when the microwave is being used. i also had a few problems setting up the logitech g35's microphone for cs:go. not sure if you will have that problem with the g930's for the games you are playing.

a lot of people seem to really like the Steelseries Siberia V2. i would of purchased that headset if it was on sale at the time i purchased the logitechs.
frost91 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2015, 10:24 PM   #7
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
I scored the G930 last week for $80+tax they go on sale pretty often so just keep an eye out
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2015, 01:43 AM   #8
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Picked up the Playstation Gold wireless headset for $75 off Best Buy this past week. It usually retails for $100, but they're having a $25 off sale right now.

Works on both PS4 and PC. I've worn it for 4+ hours of gaming and it was pretty comfortable
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2015, 08:17 AM   #9
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

I use the Sony Playststion Pulse Elite. no mic boom in my way and can be use on any device with a 3.5mm line out. can be used as wired or wireless. also has rumble feature. comes with USB dongle, and works on playstation of course.

$90 on Amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/Pulse-Wireless-.../dp/B0087OZ5FG
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-02-2015, 10:41 AM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

Second on Astro A40's second generation. Best headset I have ever owned. Everything is so clear on it from sound to mic input/output.

This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2015, 12:33 PM   #11
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I have astros A50, they're fckin awesome. However I stopped playing ps4... so i nvr use it anymore.
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #12
Need to Seek Professional Help

Sennheiser PC350's

get these suckers on sale ( $149), do the hero base mod and then get the HD 598 velour ear pads.

you will never regret it.

best gaming headset i have EVER owned. Huge HUGE bass , if you want, super comfy and no ear fatigue .
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #13
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykopathik View Post
I use the Sony Playststion Pulse Elite. no mic boom in my way and can be use on any device with a 3.5mm line out. can be used as wired or wireless. also has rumble feature. comes with USB dongle, and works on playstation of course.

$90 on Amazon.ca

Does it have a microphone?
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:35 PM   #14
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
yes it does. For some reason it starts hurting my scalp after an hour and I have it extended out to 3
people also seem to break the plastic arm easily too...i haven't had this problem (i'm assuming they snap their headphones off incorrectly each time instead of removing it evenly). For even the regular price the build quality is great IMO
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2015, 02:06 PM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:

$90 on Amazon.ca

Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset - Elite Edition - PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3;PlayStation 4: Computer and Video Games - Amazon.ca
Uncomfortable as fuck. Regret the buy everyday I use it. It also fucks your hair srs.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:40 PM   #16
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

Thinking about getting the HyperX Cloud.
It looks like they are coming out with a new model of it in February though..
Anyone have experience with it?
Memory Express has it for $70 right now
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:10 PM   #17
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
^ Considering the same. Dono anything about a new model release in Feb though. IIRC NCIX had it for $60 or $65 about a month ago
Old 01-03-2015, 10:47 PM   #18
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Uncomfortable as fuck. Regret the buy everyday I use it. It also fucks your hair srs.
Anything that is resting on your head for more than 15 minutes is going to mess up your hair
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:08 PM   #19
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Dont buy the pulse headset, it will crack.

Buy the new ps4 one
Old 01-04-2015, 09:21 AM   #20
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
^ Considering the same. Dono anything about a new model release in Feb though. IIRC NCIX had it for $60 or $65 about a month ago
hey jingy,
how u been big boy

HyperX Cloud Headset

dunno if this link works or not, but theres a HyperX Cloud II on their website and it says coming in February

its got a control box on the 3.5mm line, virtual 7.1surround(prob sucks like all the others), upgraded microphone to 50-18k hz and single 3.5mm jack

edit: and theres a pink and white version...............you know, just sayin'
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:16 AM   #21
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

just an update with the logitech headset, ive only had them since june with minimal use and the leather on the ear piece is peeling off.

not something i would expect from a pretty expensive headset
frost91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:18 AM   #22
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

SteelSeries Siberia Elite is very comfortable but there seems to have been a manufacture problem with the first batch and if you happen to receive one of those units your right ear cup will go deaf in about half a year. They can RMA it for you though. Other than that, this headset is made to last. Slick design and high-quality materials. The sound quality is decent, nothing too spectacular. I bought it for the comfort and the looks.
Parts > Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:48 AM   #23
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,925 Times in 3,877 Posts
Quote:

$90 on Amazon.ca

Those are good only if you want the surround from the Playstation, and not from the PC. If you just want stereo there's better options but for surround they're quite good, I liked that all it needs to connect is the USB dongle so it was easier to move around than the others I looked at.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:10 AM   #24
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

corsair hyperx is what i use and it is extremely comfortable.
tdeweyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:43 AM   #25
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
I picked up the Pulse Elites for $70 a couple of weeks ago as the PS4 controller ear piece was hurting my ear.

Been pretty happy so far.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote