REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 01-05-2015, 12:28 PM   #1
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Injection Site Sarcoma

Hey guys, hoping someone on here might have dealt with this before and have some knowledge on it. My mom's new kitty was diagnosed with possible injection site sarcoma (she's got a huge lump on her left shoulder that feels very hard, almost like bone and it doesn't move if you touch it) and the vet mentioned that the only treatment for it was amputation.

Has anyone had to deal with this before? My mom is kind of freaking out because she doesn't want to have to have Tofu's leg amputated, and so far I haven't been able to find much information on google about alternative treatments. We've sort of come to the conclusion that this is why her previous owners gave her up, although he insisted she was healthy the whole time they had her (without taking her to a vet ). I guess what I'm asking is should we take her to a second vet for another opinion, or is this the be all, end all of this type of illness? Is it possible to just leave it alone (as long as it's not affecting her other than the limp)? The vet told us to watch the lump and her limp to make sure it doesn't get larger/worse, but I've been encouraging my mom to have the x-ray done as soon as possible so we can know for sure what it is (which she doesn't want to because then she doesn't have to make the decision to take Tofu's leg away or not). Which is why I'm on here looking for info for her.

Any sort of info would be great, we all really love her even though she's only been with my mom for a couple weeks.

TIA
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote