here's a message from our #1 club racer Spero Benias. One month until the first WMRC Trackday, Race School & Races of 2015!!
Everyone is super excited for what is gearing up to be a stellar season with new WMRC racers who got licensed last year and signed up to take the race school this year, some racers on new bikes and the WMRC holding it's own trackdays and race schools.
For those people attending a trackday at Mission for the first time here's some info, all of which is available on Home
- Get to the track early! Gates open at 6:57am sharp! (See what I did there? Lol!) By getting there early you'll have plenty of time to get through Registration, Tech Inspection and get settled at your pit before the mandatory Rider's Meeting.
- If you are riding to the track check your bike over before heading out.
- If you have the option of transporting your bike, which is recommended, tape it up and check it over before loading it.
What to tape up (or remove):
- Headlights, turn signals, brake lights, mirrors, passenger pegs to folded up position, license plate & speedometer (only the speedometer).
What to check on your bike:
- Cold tire pressures - Generally tires are set to lower pressures to maximize grip for the track. If riding to the track it's good to know what the cold pressures are so you know how much pressure to remove at the track.
- Firm brake lever/pedal & adequate brake pad thickness.
- Chain slack - see owner's manual, better a little loose than a little tight. Master link on chain is secure - good idea to put a dab of paint or nail polish on it so Tech Inspection can find it quickly.
- All nuts, bolts & fasteners are tight and secure.
- No leaks of any kind.
- No sharp edges or bolts allowed.
- Throttle snaps shut upon release at all handlebar positions. No throttle aids of any kind allowed.
- Hand clearance to bodywork at full left and right handlebar lock.
- Suspension operates smoothly and no oil leaks.
- Any cameras mounted securely preferably with a secondary tether made up of safety wire or zip ties.
- One or two piece riding suit with hard armour (textile is ok but leather is recommended).
- Hard shell back protector.
- Snell or ECE approved helmet.
- Full gauntlet style motorcycle gloves.
- Racing style motorcycle boots.
* Last but not least, riders should have a proper mindset - leave the ego at home and remember it's a day to have fun with friends in the best sport on the planet!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns feel free to ask anyone at the track, we are all there to help each other out.
See you all at the track!! *** Don't forget there is a WMRC Hay Bale Party at the track on April 12th starting at 10:00am and track set up on April 30th starting at 6:00pm.