REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Vancouver Mayor dating Chinese pop star (https://www.revscene.net/forums/700714-vancouver-mayor-dating-chinese-pop-star.html)

Manic! 01-08-2015 10:59 PM

Vancouver Mayor dating Chinese pop star

Cheating on his wife is one thing but using tax payers money to do so is another whole other can of worms. I wondrt if he still would have been elected if this news came out before the election.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2460868/th...ING-QU-570.jpg

Mayor Robertson's staff cultivated links with Chinese pop star Wanting since 2012

Quote:

Best comment: How many city employees does it take to get him laid?

and this from PBS.

StylinRed 01-09-2015 01:11 AM

never heard of her...but this is all hearsay anyway...

sounds alright

why are white guys usually attracted to the ugly asians?

SkinnyPupp 01-09-2015 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8578931)

Ask your parents

StylinRed 01-09-2015 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8578932)
Ask your parents

ask any asian and they'll say the same, they find it odd that what white guys find attractive are almost the complete opposite of what asians find attractive (not that they're actually ugly :P)

probably should've worded it better but yeah ;)

multicartual 01-09-2015 01:33 AM

We are living an episode of Portlandia here in Vancouver

multicartual 01-09-2015 01:35 AM

Quote:

I don't think she's ugly at all, and the video is pretty decent!

SkinnyPupp 01-09-2015 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8578935)
ask any asian and they'll say the same, they find it odd that what white guys find attractive are almost the complete opposite of what asians find attractive (not that they're actually ugly :P)

probably should've worded it better but yeah ;)

Most likely you hear that kind of thing because people are jealous

There are overall cultural influences to what people find attractive (and a lot of variance within that). For instance, even within the same race, a girl considered attractive in mainland China is going to look different from one in Hong Kong, Taiwan, or Vancouver.

So I think race has nothing to do with it - it's maybe 10% cultural and 90% personal preference. And 100% who gives a fuck :fuckthatshit:

Razor Ramon HG 01-09-2015 01:54 AM

Quote:

:fuckyea:

asian_XL 01-09-2015 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8578937)
I don't think she's ugly at all, and the video is pretty decent!

hello white boy

http://www.pixentral.com/pics/1v8mIl...oiShg0EmC8.jpg
http://www.freeallimages.com/wp-cont...rse-face-5.jpg

TOPEC 01-09-2015 02:50 AM

she got famous because of this song that was used in a pretty popular HK movie, a one hit wonder, other than that her other songs r kinda... soso

J____ 01-09-2015 06:02 AM

she's hardly that famous and can't be considered a superstar. Her song was a movie theme as topec said, then was kind of re-vitalized after a contestant sang her song on The Voice China. Hundreds of thousands of followers on weibo is nothing for a celeb, i am nobody and had 20k followers on my old account after 6 months of registering most of which were spam accounts, my best bud is a b-list talk show host and he has close to 2 million followers... so ya nothing special.

Spoon 01-09-2015 06:11 AM

Such hard hitting news. :pokerface:

Ronin 01-09-2015 06:33 AM

What's the big deal? Isn't he separated from his wife?

I don't like Mayor Bike-Lanes either but...meh. Not exactly an outrage. So he asked an assistant to get a cute girl's number...whatever.

hotjoint 01-09-2015 07:24 AM

Asian girls are attracted to white guys and Asian guys love white girls. Mixed babies ftw :)

6o4__boi 01-09-2015 07:39 AM

:suspicious:
50/2+7 = 32

they mayor has broken the golden rule
call the cops!

:troll:

68style 01-09-2015 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 8578956)
What's the big deal? Isn't he separated from his wife?

I don't like Mayor Bike-Lanes either but...meh. Not exactly an outrage. So he asked an assistant to get a cute girl's number...whatever.

The problem is, on a personal level, he's been around her a lot longer than he's been separated for.............

But more importantly for us as his constituents and taxpayers, he has been "partnering up" with her for supposed economic trips to Asia and I would say there's a pretty good chance a lot of taxpayer money has paid for them to go on romantic holidays together under the guise of business being conducted on behalf of the City of Vancouver... and that's pretty important + shitty from an ethics perspective.

That said, Gregor is a fucking scam artist like any of them, ask anybody living in the Olympic Village what they think of the $20 a month fee they have to pay for the gadget on their wall that tells them how much water and electricity they use compared to the average of the building... and they are mandatory in condos and there is no service attached to it despite the $20/month fee... yup... owner of the company is a best friend of Gregor and he made them required in all new condos even though they do nothing at all besides show you some stupid stats.

GLOW 01-09-2015 08:10 AM

if what you say is true, voters will forget about this come next election

carisear 01-09-2015 08:15 AM

Gregor Robertson is a throwback to sleazy 60s-70s style politicians. Good looking, slick talking tall man with outrageous promises that no one could ever deliver upon, who makes backroom deals like crazy.

I agree with Glow -- people will still vote for him. It has nothing to do with them being 'stupid' or 'uneducated' -- it's a natural tendency to gravitate towards good looking people. Hell, if I was hot i'd use it to my advantage non stop!

jackmeister 01-09-2015 08:25 AM

We just need someone with enough political creds to start building a profile and make a run in 4 years. If NPA didn't just airdrop LaPointe within the last year (who really knew much about him without digging up info?) we would've seen a nice change at City Hall.

Another 4 years of this bullshit.

Couldn't believe this even made breaking news.

Sid Vicious 01-09-2015 08:33 AM

strong 5/10

mr_chin 01-09-2015 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOPEC (Post 8578945)
she got famous because of this song that was used in a pretty popular HK movie, a one hit wonder, other than that her other songs r kinda... soso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZPjyWPYP7s

That's a song? Sounds more like a nursery rhyme that doesn't rhyme.

radioman 01-09-2015 08:43 AM

Reports coming in Trevor Linden dating same singer :pokerface:

http://instagram.com/p/wkyd3hsT96/?modal=true

GLOW 01-09-2015 08:50 AM

takes pic with someone of notoriety...instantly dating them? :lawl:

CivicBlues 01-09-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8578936)
We are living an episode of Portlandia here in Vancouver

That show is fucking awesome and applies so much to this city as well.

Everyone's nitpicking the fact that the mayor is "dating" an Asian but completely gloss over the fact that he just turned 50 and she's....30. ugh I'm sure they have *so* much in common. :suspicious:

I can't believe you idiots voted him back into office again :concentrate:

Oh and 4 more years? It was only going to be 3 before he was in office. Smacks of Putin-esque legislation changing the rules to make himself stay in office longer.

Ronin 01-09-2015 08:50 AM

NOT YOU TOO, JIMMY PATTISON OMG