REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 01-12-2015, 04:39 PM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
exactly. people will eventually be completely dependant on it -making them stupid and lazy.

Look at how much Facebook and social media cripples people socially, you know, in real life?

So many people can't properly date or flirt in person, they have to do it through an app or an online dating website. It leads to less happiness overall

Couples who met online three times more likely to divorce - Telegraph

Of course you can find studies that support the opposite, unfortunately the most prominent pro-online dating study was funded by... eHarmony!
Advertisement
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 06:14 PM   #27
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,331 Times in 5,645 Posts
What i find is that people now a days are just plain dumb, it's as simple as that.

personally i've always been into learning and learning more and more about things that interest me. Technology is huge for that, i watch a little show on the bible or some random event that happend 10, 20, 2000 years ago, i can search up and in half an hour i'm an expert on the subject.

Working in construction you obviously run into a lot of characters and idiots but also a lot of young people coming into the work force etc. and When i have conversations with these people it's like i'm talking to an 8 year old. They will go on about their "interests" and the second they open their mouth, i know that i know more than they do about the subject.

So let me get this straight.. something YOU'RE apperanelty passionate about, or have a great interest in, I read about briefly on a whim, or just as part of somthing else i was checking out, and you litterally know NOTHING about it.. wtf?..

Also i dont think it will be technology as the downfall, but moreso the health implications that come with it.

With my quite basic understanding of the human body, health care, first aid training etc. Back in the pre-connected generations, everyone was "active" even overweight, unsocial kids had some sort of phyiscal activity they took part in, even if it was things like scouts, etc.

Notice how now, the "recommended physical activity" changed from 30 minutes a day to an hour? it's because the governments are realizing that your body starts deteriorating as a child. it's not a matter of becoming an adolescent and getting into sports etc. Your arteries are building up plaque from the day you are born. Kids these days who are getting absolutely no physical activity are simply shortening their life spans and going to be a HUGEEEE drain on society as cardio vascular diseases become even more rampant than they already are.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-12-2015, 11:26 PM   #28
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Kids these days who are getting absolutely no physical activity are simply shortening their life spans and going to be a HUGEEEE drain on society as cardio vascular diseases become even more rampant than they already are.
Don't even get me started on the sheer stupidity and ignorance of the "Fat is Beautiful" social movement. It's no secret that kids - and adults - these days are totally OK with being fat because society teaches them that it's "okay" to be fat and that everyone has a different body type.

While I agree that not everyone has the genetics of a bodybuilder or supermodel, it's downright misleading and crippling to teach kids that being 50 pounds overweight is okay. It's the same as saying "Smoking is Beautiful" or "Drugs are Beautiful".... I personally do not find it beautiful when a person is poisoning their body from the inside out with all kinds of shit that is proven to cause serious damage. It's been proven by thousands of studies that people who are overweight are more prone to diabetes, heart disease, and all other kinds of health problems that the rest of society has to pay for. Being fat is not, and will not ever be okay.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 11:48 PM   #29
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
^ I feel the exaxt same way but on another topic.

Not sure if I should post it though cause it'll most likely step on some toes and open a whole can of worms...

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:03 AM   #30
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,920 Times in 3,876 Posts
The real problem is that human beings on average are so goddamn stupid it's painful to think about. People bitch about the stupidity and ignorance of the younger generation when A) they were just as stupid and ignorant at that age and B) most people are just as stupid and ignorant now, they just think they're smarter because they're older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
It also bugs me that kids nowadays can't think for themselves. Walking around like a bunch of sheep and do what their friends do otherwise they're afraid of not being "accepted" Like you said everything is spoon fed to them by mommy and daddy. Theyve been brought up with iPads and computers, and not actual "real" parents.

Can't talk to you without a backspace button. Can't look you in the eyes when they talk to you, zero self image and just a bunch of passive aggressive pussies.
So...the exact same as the previous generation?

Quote:
What i find is that people now a days are just plain dumb, it's as simple as that.
People always have and always will be dumb as fuck. "Kids these days" may be stupid but their parents are just as stupid as they are, and so on. The amount of ignorance floating around is at a fairly constant level across the generations.

Quote:
personally i've always been into learning and learning more and more about things that interest me. Technology is huge for that, i watch a little show on the bible or some random event that happend 10, 20, 2000 years ago, i can search up and in half an hour i'm an expert on the subject.

Working in construction you obviously run into a lot of characters and idiots but also a lot of young people coming into the work force etc. and When i have conversations with these people it's like i'm talking to an 8 year old. They will go on about their "interests" and the second they open their mouth, i know that i know more than they do about the subject.

So let me get this straight.. something YOU'RE apperanelty passionate about, or have a great interest in, I read about briefly on a whim, or just as part of somthing else i was checking out, and you litterally know NOTHING about it.. wtf?..
Are you sure they're the ones that know nothing if you think you're an expert after a half hour? And I can all but guarantee that when you were that age if your peers were talking to someone your current age they'd think the young'uns sounded just as stupid.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2015, 08:58 AM   #31
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
ugh. fat acceptance movement.

I give huge props to the people who actually try to be healthy, fit and lose weight. It takes a lot of work and determination to get off the couch and hit the gym, especially after a long day at work, I just want to bury my face in pizza and junk food.

but I CAN'T STAND the 400 pounders that say "only dogs want bones, real men want whales" or whatever. while they're elbow deep in a cheeseburger.

There's a huge difference between fat acceptance and fat shaming. Being fat is dangerous to do to yourself, just like drugs, needs to be addressed with concern, I won't even get into that part of it. I can't think of anything lazier than their mindset:

"I'm too fat and lazy to stop eating hot dogs, chips and drinking 4 litres of pop everyday so I'll try to make everyone think fat is beautiful and skinny girls are ugly."

fuck those people.
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2015, 10:21 AM   #32
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post

"only dogs want bones, real men want whales"
hedonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:21 AM   #33
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Especially fuck that because they try and shame skinny girls to get their point across. Its fucking bullshit. Its like when feminists try and bring up the movement while being completely sexist towards men. You want people to be fair to you be fair to them. Starting a fight doesn't end fights. Being level headed and smart does. Either way, I've said it before and said it again. Live your life, be fucking awesome to people and good things will happen to you. Fat, skinny, male, female, black, white or whatever.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2015, 10:27 AM   #34
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Especially fuck that because they try and shame skinny girls to get their point across. Its fucking bullshit. Its like when feminists try and bring up the movement while being completely sexist towards men. You want people to be fair to you be fair to them. Starting a fight doesn't end fights. Being level headed and smart does. Either way, I've said it before and said it again. Live your life, be fucking awesome to people and good things will happen to you. Fat, skinny, male, female, black, white or whatever.
Exactly.
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:53 PM   #35
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,331 Times in 5,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The real problem is that human beings on average are so goddamn stupid it's painful to think about. People bitch about the stupidity and ignorance of the younger generation when A) they were just as stupid and ignorant at that age and B) most people are just as stupid and ignorant now, they just think they're smarter because they're older.

So...the exact same as the previous generation?

People always have and always will be dumb as fuck. "Kids these days" may be stupid but their parents are just as stupid as they are, and so on. The amount of ignorance floating around is at a fairly constant level across the generations.

Are you sure they're the ones that know nothing if you think you're an expert after a half hour? And I can all but guarantee that when you were that age if your peers were talking to someone your current age they'd think the young'uns sounded just as stupid.

Maybe expert is a strong term, but an example would be watching the series "the bible"

I have no religious affiliation whatsoever. I'm about as big as an atheist as they come. However I sat down and watched a mini series about the bible.

I then get into a discussion with Somone who considered themself a border line devout Christian and from simply watching a television mini series, I seemingly know more about the basics of their beliefs than they do.

Sitting down and reading articles and wiki sites can give you fairly good gains on most subjects. Somthing that most people aren't willing to do these days.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:55 PM   #36
I don't get it

Im 31 and a father of two; A 5 year old daughter and a 6 month old son.

My daughter started using an ipad at 11 months old, but only educational, kids apps. I dont care what "studies suggest" or what "experts say", but that piece of technology helped my kid's development immensely and she is a VERY smart girl. she started speaking at 11 months, and by 12 months was able to name a shit ton of shapes, colours, animals, letters etc.

at 1.5 years, she was able to navigate Netflix like a pro and choose "children and family" pick the shows she was allowed to watch, play, fastforward, rewind, pause, delete apps, close apps on the multitask bar, create folders etc. Now dont get it twisted, she wasnt given an ipad then told to sit in a corner and left alone.
We used the ipad/iphone as a tool for learning.

We still go out and play, go do fun things, read, colour etc. now at 5 years old, she only goes on the ipad when shes exhausted and has done everything else. when the ipad is sitting on the table, and you ask her what she wants to do, she would rather colour, or read or something that is more hands on then watching tv or playing games and we couldnt be happier, as parents.

She has a vocabulary like you wouldnt believe and her use of the english language is out of this world, for a 5 year old.

As my son gets bigger, we will most definitely use the ipad/electronics the same way we did with our daughter.

It really does boil down to poor/lazy/uneducated parenting when it comes to electronics.

Last edited by Cassijon; 01-13-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Cassijon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #37
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Lol, I was extremely high when I wrote this. I get all spiritual and shit when I'm super high and alone. It's nice to see so many people agree with me though.
BrownBear is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2015, 02:43 PM   #38
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
Back in my day, there was a thing called blackbox.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:54 PM   #39
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
Back in my day, there was a thing called blackbox.
or waited 15 minutes for dialup to load

Old 01-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #40
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Before blackbox and internet, there was:

Spoiler!

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote