REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 01-10-2015, 05:15 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

don't you think this generation is screwed

All this generation wants to do is fuck drink and smoke. No one knows what love actually is. Everyone just wants to fuck, they get pregnant then married, then they break up. They cheat on each other because they get bored of each other. Everyone cares so much about what other people think about them, they don't do what they love. People make fun of others for being different. If you're different you get treated like an oucast. People all throughout highschool go out drinking and doing drugs every week, then when they are out of school they don't know what to do with there life because all they learnt was how yo party. We look to our parents to do everything for us, but no one learns that way. I don't know how to do my taxes, or how to apply for a loan. Give me a beer without a bottle opener and I'll open it no problem though.
Advertisement
BrownBear is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-10-2015, 05:18 PM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
Old 01-10-2015, 05:20 PM   #3
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
*their

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2015, 07:58 PM   #4
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Habboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2015, 08:03 PM   #5

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
sad but true
Old 01-10-2015, 08:06 PM   #6
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,806 Times in 8,185 Posts
u mad breh?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:22 PM   #7
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Sounds like OP didn't get invited to any of the fun parties
Old 01-10-2015, 08:40 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
its too hard to settle down for a career that its actually good to stay with
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #9
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,037 Times in 2,075 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #10
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Says every older generation about the newer generation.
sekin67835 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2015, 05:51 AM   #11

things getting repeated
old generations always complain new generations
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:11 AM   #12
Rs has made me the man i am today!

This generation is screwed with the cell phones and technology etc. Nobody knows how to socialize in public or even carry a conversation. I'm so glad I moved out of the city and into the sticks where people are more real... "Social media" will be the demise of society. "I have no friends in real life but I got 20 likes on my post which satisfies me deeply". SELFIE
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-11-2015, 08:57 AM   #13
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danned View Post
things getting repeated
old generations always complain new generations
Get the hell off my lawn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:54 AM   #14
Banned (ABWS)

Love doesnt exist

Just like jesus
maksimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
Love doesnt exist

Just like jesus
You make Jesus sad :'(
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #16
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Came across this article a couple of days ago, it makes you go 'woa'...

Quote:
Coddled kids paying high price: expert
Quote:

A generation of "snowplough" parents have pampered their children so much that they are driving a mental health epidemic among today's teenagers, a leading Australian child psychologist says.
Dr Michael Carr-Gregg, a high-profile parenting expert who spoke to teachers and parents at The Illawarra Grammar School this week, said many Generation X parents had made their children's lives so easy that the kids were left with no way to handle problems or overcome obstacles on their own.
"This generation of parents just push all the obstacles out of the way and try to make life as simple and as easy as possible for their kids," he said.
"On the face of it, that's admirable because we all want the best for our kids, but it teaches them absolutely nothing about resilience and creates immense vulnerability when they leave home and go into the big wide world."
A snowplough parent drives their child right to the school gate instead of making them catch a bus or walk to school.
They buy their children all the latest gadgets and toys, wash, clean, cook and iron without making kids pitch in, and they make sure their sons and daughters only hand in meticulous homework and assignments.
Dr Carr-Gregg blames this increasingly common parenting approach on guilt, caused by mothers and fathers not spending enough time with their children.
"Part of it is that you've got parents with much smaller sized families, [who are] less connected to extended families so there is less support," he said.
"The parents are time poor, they are guilty and they tend to indulge their kids too much."

This was not only creating a generation of spoilt and overindulged children, he said, but was contributing to an unprecedented mental health crisis by leaving young people ill-equipped to deal with their own problems.
He said the rates of depression, anxiety, substance abuse and suicide were higher in regional areas like Wollongong than in major capital cities.
"About one in four young people will have a major psychological problem before leaving school ... so arguably this is the most vulnerable generation in the history of the Illawarra," he said.
"It's ironic because we've seen the First and Second World Wars and Vietnam but in fact, from a psychological point of view, these kids are less resilient than their parents or grandparents."
Dr Carr-Gregg said it was up to parents to help avert a bigger mental health crisis by making their children do the hard work.
"I have a rule of thumb, 'never do for your children what they can do for themselves'," he said.
He said this meant putting children on a bus or bike, or showing them how to use public transport to get to school.
They should also have regular chores, strict rules about using technology and, when they are old enough, a part-time job to teach them the value of money.
"We just have to stop pampering them - it's reached epidemic proportions," he said.
"Many of the kids I talk to have never actually cooked for themselves, they've never actually made their own bed or tidied their own room, washed their clothes or ironed their shirts.
"Kids aren't made of glass and they are not going to shatter."
How to care for your kids without being a snowplough
Make sure your kids get enough sleep
Sleep is the single most important study tool because kids who don’t get enough sleep are ‘‘crabby and unpleasant and can’t learn properly’’.
Make sure they eat a healthy breakfast
Research suggests 10per cent of schoolchildren don’t eat breakfast and another 15per cent eat unhealthy food - they are neurologically unteachable.
Zero tolerance of alcohol
Alcohol is toxic to the developing brain, so children should not drink anything at all until at least 16.
Moderate and limit technology use
Dr Carr-Gregg says most parents are unaware of tools that allow them to block or moderate their children’s internet and video game use. Parents need to use programs to allow kids to access the internet for homework but block social media that will distract them.
Talk to your kids. Eat at the table
Parents don’t spend enough time talking one-on-one with their kids when they are young.
Eating at the dinner table leads to better academic results, language development and protection against alcohol and drug abuse.

source: Coddled kids paying high price: expert | Illawarra Mercury
I'm not sure of the "expert" but they do hit valid points.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2015, 11:08 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
Came across this article a couple of days ago, it makes you go 'woa'...

I'm not sure of the "expert" but they do hit valid points.
It's a very old parable/allegory... if a tree grows with water easily available near the surface, and never sees any wind (ie. life is too easy), the roots grow shallow and the first big wind will knock it over. If the water is deep and there's regular smaller storms (ie. faces lots of adversity), it has to grow its roots deeper, and will more easily withstand large storms.

Folk wisdom hangs around because there IS truth behind it.
Quote:
Old 01-11-2015, 11:53 AM   #18
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

gg new gen
Exc3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:02 AM   #19
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
It also bugs me that kids nowadays can't think for themselves. Walking around like a bunch of sheep and do what their friends do otherwise they're afraid of not being "accepted" Like you said everything is spoon fed to them by mommy and daddy. Theyve been brought up with iPads and computers, and not actual "real" parents.

Can't talk to you without a backspace button. Can't look you in the eyes when they talk to you, zero self image and just a bunch of passive aggressive pussies.

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-12-2015, 12:45 PM   #20
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #21
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
I'm just glad I grew up before social media.. I did a lot of stupid shit, thank god Instagram and facebook wasn't around to record it all.
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 01:51 PM   #22

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
As cliche and ironic as movies detail out to be, I can for-see technology being the demise of humans as we know it.

We're inventing technology to do literally everything for us. Whether it be the car industry; going from the industrial revolution to entire factories being automated now.. Or just simple things like a computer where you can buy everything you need from. (Never needing to interact with another human being in your life) It's a sad day when people don't know how to be human.

Honestly, the younger generation is fucked. We pamper them enough already as it is, but giving them technology when they're so young, not teaching them how to think for themselves, or how to be able to survive WITHOUT technology.. Is just going to put the human race in a bad place.

The irony of the whole situation is, if an EMP ever hits the earth and technology ceases to exist. It will be the lowest class that will survive, because they know how to make something of almost nothing at all.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2015, 02:11 PM   #23
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
As cliche and ironic as movies detail out to be, I can for-see technology being the demise of humans as we know it.

We're inventing technology to do literally everything for us. Whether it be the car industry; going from the industrial revolution to entire factories being automated now.. Or just simple things like a computer where you can buy everything you need from. (Never needing to interact with another human being in your life) It's a sad day when people don't know how to be human.

Honestly, the younger generation is fucked. We pamper them enough already as it is, but giving them technology when they're so young, not teaching them how to think for themselves, or how to be able to survive WITHOUT technology.. Is just going to put the human race in a bad place.

The irony of the whole situation is, if an EMP ever hits the earth and technology ceases to exist. It will be the lowest class that will survive, because they know how to make something of almost nothing at all.
exactly. people will eventually be completely dependant on it -making them stupid and lazy.
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:37 PM   #24
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Modern sex and dating can be endless hooking up, but once you start it is very hard to ever stop

cityofsingl.es
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:38 PM   #25
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post

Exactly.. It's like Planet of the Apes (the books, not the movies) except with technology instead of animals.

My girlfriend's nieces and nephews are a prime example, 1 of them is 7 years old and her Dad bought her an iPad and an iPhone, the reasoning being so they can FaceTime with her when they aren't around and so she doesn't feel "left out". The other is 12 and whined to his parents about how he needs the new LG G3 over his Blackberry (wtf?!) because "it's old now" and therefore uncool. Worst part is that he actually got it. The kid even has a better data plan than most working adults. Personally, I could care less if parents want to spoil their kids, but there's a difference between spoiling them and saturating their lives with all this technology that they don't even go outside or play with real kids their age.

I am sorry but that is fucked, not to sound like an old geezer but there is no reason a pre-teen needs any of those devices, my first electronic toy was a Game Boy Color at age 10 and I spent ages begging to my parents and doing chores for months to get it. I didn't get a cell phone until 14, did my life get completely stunted and ruined? Not at all... I did normal things like go outside to ride bikes and play with my friends and I am a way better person for it.

Personally, I don't blame the generation itself but I blame the parents... too many helicopter parents afraid their kid will get sick, or cut themselves, or fall down while playing outside so they bribe them with useless gadgets to keep them inside and under surveillance. Guess what happens when they hit 19? They can't handle the "real world" and do useless shit like partying and drugs every week, day in and out because they never got to enjoy themselves as kids. That's the real reason so many 20-somethings these days all have that "child" mentality where they have zero ambitions and just want to play all day.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: