REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-13-2015, 08:58 AM   #26
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
From one angle I can kind of understand that, being an importer I would imagine they deal with a lot of idiots who just want to go rip around in Skylines and Silvias with zero intent on buying anything.
Yeah but the same can be said for any used car lot, or hell any dealership in general, you think BMW doesn't get clowns going in there to test drive M3's with no intention of buying?

Just make sure to send a salesperson out with that individual.
Advertisement

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 09:57 AM   #27
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,132 Times in 7,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
you think BMW doesn't get clowns going in there to test drive M3's with no intention of buying?
I've never done that with an e90 M3.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2015, 10:51 AM   #28
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Yeah but the same can be said for any used car lot, or hell any dealership in general, you think BMW doesn't get clowns going in there to test drive M3's with no intention of buying?

But BMW has dedicated demo cars. This is a used car dealership, every km added on to the car is decreased value. If many people test drove the car and no one bought it, the km's added on is gonna drop the price of the car and make it less desirable.
bomiheko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-13-2015, 10:57 AM   #29
N8
I STILL don't get it

I can understand a deposit, although $500 is a bit steep, but an offer as well? what the fuck?
Old 01-13-2015, 01:04 PM   #30
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
So if it's turbocharged it needs a $500 deposit, non turbo and you're good to go?
Yes, they were quite specific that if the vehicle's NA there's no deposit needed. I was only expecting the usual photocopying of a credit card and driver's license. Apparently they didn't want me going for a rip and getting into an accident with either my 1st or 2nd choice; when ironically I showed up driving my turbocharged car. I wasn't even going to rev it or anything, I wanted to see if I was comfortable in it, how smooth it'd be, gas mileage, whether I'd elbow the armrest everytime I'd shift, etc.

A co-worker of mine who's owned and still owns a few JDM vehicles asked if the new VIN provided by ICBC was riveted in the door jamb. I told him I didn't think to look for that and he suspects that if one's not there, they're waiting for someone to pay for the vehicle so that they only have to do the paperwork for that once...
clsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #31
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
^ you haven't had to get a new VIN for imported cars since ~2007. And most of what you're saying you wanted to check wouldn't even require the car to be turned on.

Quote:

Most used car lots and dealers don't specialize in high performance imports with huge fanboy followings. Considering how many people buy JDM imports before they've even left Japan I can't imagine they have much motivation to let people test drive cars that have zero interest in buying them.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Just read through the other thread. All the answers are in there.

Coles notes, they will lie to and deceive to make the sale happen and go to such extent as to edit there site to make it seem like they were not lieing.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:52 PM   #33
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Despite all the negative reviews about them I'm tempted to make an offer on the CW 4 door ITR they have. I real dislike RHD but there is no LHD option for the 4 door and being an ITR guy through and through it's tempting.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:44 PM   #34
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

^^or you can simply go through a different importer for that model you desire and save urself all the BS
there are tons around now that offer 10x better customer service
you! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #35
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I'd probably just use a broker and buy one myself through the auctions. Really not sure if I could ever get into RHD though. After bombing around in an R32 for a hour I didn't dig it at all.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:15 PM   #36
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
LOL. this again.

well as a sales guy myself, i'd usually do the same on more specialized vehicles (m3, m5, G37, 370z, GTR etc) when it comes to test drive policies.

With all seriousness, a serious buyer would go through the sales process of numbers, negotiation and finance approval (if need be) before going on test drive.

Of course the deal is subject to test drive at the end. No point buying the car if you don't like driving it right?

But this in turn also keeps the joy riders away. I've had a group of 6 kids come in asking to test drive a brand new Q60 coupe / G37 with no reasoning behind it.

Beating on the car is one thing, but there would also be personal safety involved. I have went through a few memorable test drives that kind of put my own life in danger (it wasnt the speed, it was the matter of not knowing what the hell he was doing)

I would not put my own life nor a company vehicle on the line for someone's thrill of the moment. Thats how I see the whole test drive thing any ways.

Serious buyers would know what they are getting into already and would less likely to demand for a test drive *cough* jasonturbo. You don't see people demanding to test drive the 911 GT3 before buying right...? Astons, bentleys etc.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2015, 04:25 PM   #37
Driving around in circles

Thanked 1,370 Times in 272 Posts
If you are thinking of that 4dr itr. I will tell you front left fender has faded paint. Rear trunk has small leak. And I suspect it would need an alignemt as the right rear toe seem to be off.

You would be better off importing your own DB8. There are slot that goes through the auctions so quite a bit of choice.
!Kodamu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2015, 01:25 AM   #38
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomiheko View Post
But BMW has dedicated demo cars. This is a used car dealership, every km added on to the car is decreased value. If many people test drove the car and no one bought it, the km's added on is gonna drop the price of the car and make it less desirable.
really? because there are so many people coming in every hour to test drive each vehicle and many people are taking them on 50 km test drives? it might if it takes 4 years to sell the vehicle LOL

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:59 AM   #39
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
Serious buyers would know what they are getting into already and would less likely to demand for a test drive *cough* jasonturbo. You don't see people demanding to test drive the 911 GT3 before buying right...? Astons, bentleys etc.
yes you do... maybe not as much (i don't know) but you do...plus people kind of know what they're getting into with a new gt3 et al.

for a used car? hell no! why would anyone consider buying one without test driving it?

and why would a buyer waste his time going through the whole sale process with car salesmen (few hour process) for a sale that may not go through as it's contingent on a test drive??? (that takes 10-15mins) unsuspecting buyers may even find the test drive contingency missing from the contract too

it just makes absolutely no sense for a buyer serious or otherwise to play by how velocity would want them to...i kind of doubt they put those terms to all customers either or else i can't see them still being in business...they probably just tell that to people they find sketchy
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:50 PM   #40
I subscribe to Revscene

i gave an offer on this z3 and was not accepted, (not even a single dime off) and the next 5 minutes they phone me saying that the car was sold.... lol....
and 2 hours later i get my friend to ask him he said the car is still here for sell,,,, what? telling me its sold just to agress me?

even on this vehicle there is no test drive unless $500 deposit and an offer.
how do i pay you anything if i dont even know what it is? they were like,,, ok.... go test drive it...

, and thank god i didnt buy it, i liked it the first time i saw it,,, everytime i see it i more dislike it.
1996 BMW Z3 Roadster 128 KMs + 1 YR WRNTY - $161 B/W
all i can say about this car is,,, some 20 years old cars can hide their age, but this one doesnt, it is REALLY is 23 years old car.
open the hood i DO see a 23 years old engine. and some visible fresh leaks, and some old leaks...

and i heard him said one lady put deposit to test drive the car, and the lady seem like dont know hot to drive standard and the clutch was blown during the test drive, and i THINK i heard they are going to make her pay.
oh thank god that didnt happened to me.

Last edited by Perfect_ESL; 05-21-2015 at 12:57 AM.
Perfect_ESL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #41
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Kodamu View Post
If you are thinking of that 4dr itr. I will tell you front left fender has faded paint. Rear trunk has small leak. And I suspect it would need an alignemt as the right rear toe seem to be off.

You would be better off importing your own DB8. There are slot that goes through the auctions so quite a bit of choice.
that one for a WHOOPING $8990. Wow !
Perfect_ESL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:14 PM   #42
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
lol i was there couple of weeks ago with some prelude buddies just checking out the cars, no intention of buying of course. The sales guy was nice and answered our question but we made it clear we werent there to purchase so he didnt stay long (which was fine we just wanted to kill some time) and on the way out this lady test drove this old z3, and the dam car died at the stoplight on marine n nelson as she went to test drive it. i felt so bad for her and her bf LOL i hope to god she returned the car and never went back

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote