REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:31 PM   #76
Old School RS

Thanked 3,945 Times in 1,201 Posts
Bro, this whole thread has been about how she doesn't have any money. $1000 is a totally reasonable assumption about a reclaimable amount. It's not my fault you weren't really very clear with what you meant.
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2015, 08:23 PM   #77
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valour View Post
I've taken a chick to small claims court. Best thing ever. Self serve justice. It's only $100 to register ur claim then they give u a package to seve her ass. Go to te courts and read the pamphlets there. The clerks can be helpful too.

So I got all my paperwork filed and snuck up to this chick that was dodging me. U just need to hand it to her and is considered served. If she don't take it u just drop it at their feet and is considered served.

The threat of lawsuit in most cases is enough to force payment. The next step is to get a default judgement and then u can use it to garnish her wages.

When u win the court orders her to attend so that a judge can determine her finances. She cannot lie suing the process or is considered contempt.

I suggest u file and serve her first and then negotiate. Ur leverage will be much more superior.

Best scenario... Serve her while she is at work and is on camera.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I will consider this if she doesnt work out a payment plan with me within the next few weeks.

Its her day off on friday and she agreed to talk tmr night.
Drift_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:06 PM   #78
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
^^
Perfect time to serve her with papers.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:18 PM   #79
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

If you really want the money back you really need to try harder. It seems she's ducking you for a reason and that reason is that you're making it extremely easy to duck.

Small Claims court is the way to go in this case. No love lost as we're all pretty sure she just doesn't appreciate you anyways. You're just some guy who coughed up $4k to her when she asked for it. You're not the first person she asked but you're probably the one of the few who actually lent her money.

Best scenario is being straight with her. You need the money back (i'd personally put interest on that) and you tell her that you're in the process of filing for small claims. Give her a final ultimatum of a week to pay you back the $4k. No payment plans, no NOTHING. She'll find a way to prevent having to go to small claims and eventually have to pay it up anyways. If she doesn't pay up then serve her the papers and let the court decide if you actually should get the money back.

Make this someone else's problem, not yours. From the looks of things, you seem soft as hell and probably should take this as an experience.
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 12:31 AM   #80
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_Monkey View Post
I'm not rich but she begged for help. She told me her cousin's bf had a gambling issue and he was chased by loan sharks.

you'll need to learn how to tune out fake sob stories
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:30 AM   #81
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Don't give her any more money, especially not for legal fees once you serve her with papers for small claims court.

Don't pay for her lawyers. Just don't
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:38 AM   #82
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Man, I hate to say it, but people who are gullible enough to give out money deserve to lose it. You got your ass conned, so hats off to her. People lose money every day, poor investments, being tricked, leaving valuables out in the open naively....... You are no different.

Have you honestly not learned anything?? I don't even see why you bother TALKING to the girl. Why in the hell is she going to change her mind and start paying your money back all of the sudden? She can take a loan out and make 20$ payments a week on it to the bank, she just doesn't want to.

Go to a lawyer, get everything written out, meet up with her, serve her, tell her she is paying for all the legal fees + interest, say goodbye and wait...... Then focus on your life until the time comes for the court date or the cheque shows up in the mail.
sebTeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:41 AM   #83
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
The money was used to pay off the loan shark.
Loan Sharks in Canda???
Old 01-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #84
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
and that $3k example was just a really big bad case example i made up to show that even if it some how cost you 75% of the money to get the money back, you still get more back than if you did nothing
Even if you burn 100% of it, at least that twat doesn't have it.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:11 AM   #85
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
So let me get this straight "her cousin's bf had a gambling issue and he was chased by loan sharks." so then she approach her friends (you) for help.

I am sorry but that's not the truth. If she really cares about her family she could go to the police, apply for a line of credit or even use her own savings. I will tell you what happen, she needs money and none of her friends lend her any (fully knowing she won't pay back) expect you.

This is what you will do today, go to small claims court get the package and file against her. When you meet her tonight server her package and tell her, she have two choice 1 pay back now 2 see choice number 1.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 01:54 PM   #86
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
I'm not rich but she begged for help. She told me her cousin's bf had a gambling issue and he was chased by loan sharks.
boy are you a sucker
so someone you barely know, needs money for, not herself, not her family, but her cousins boyfriend?!!! and you throw out $4k like it's nothing (even though it's something for you)

wow...and you weren't even trying to get in her pants because "she's ugly"

so were you trying to get into the pants of her cousins boyfriend?

she saw you coming a mile away

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-16-2015 at 02:43 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 03:00 PM   #87
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
can someone lend me some money?
really need to get my life back on track...
im not asking for much, just roughly 7000.00 for my motor swap and accessories.
please and ty, will pay you back.
i promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
"Not driving your car hard to keep it in nice shape for the next buyer is like not banging your girlfriend to keep her fresh for her next boyfriend"
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 03:02 PM   #88
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
at this point you only have 2 options

a) move on, consider it an expensive lesson learned
b) sue her

none of that "make her pay me back in bi-weekly payments" bs, you're not a bank
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 03:05 PM   #89
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
she can pay him back in installments, as long as she keeps up with payments...hehehe

but even then he can recall his loan in full anytime he wants, he's not bound by an installment plan
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:35 PM   #90
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valour View Post
I've taken a chick to small claims court. Best thing ever. Self serve justice. It's only $100 to register ur claim then they give u a package to seve her ass. Go to te courts and read the pamphlets there. The clerks can be helpful too.

So I got all my paperwork filed and snuck up to this chick that was dodging me. U just need to hand it to her and is considered served. If she don't take it u just drop it at their feet and is considered served.

The threat of lawsuit in most cases is enough to force payment. The next step is to get a default judgement and then u can use it to garnish her wages.

When u win the court orders her to attend so that a judge can determine her finances. She cannot lie suing the process or is considered contempt.

I suggest u file and serve her first and then negotiate. Ur leverage will be much more superior.

Best scenario... Serve her while she is at work and is on camera.

Valour hits the mark. The papers are fairly self explanatory and the pamphlets will tell you everything else you'll need to know. Plus filing and registering does not cost a whole lot.

Alternative to doing it at her workplace so there's record of you serving her papers is to hire a guy to serve her the papers for you. There's a section where you have to declare when you served her the papers, so having a professional that the judges acknowledge is nice (but may be unnecessary).

You can always ask for a bit more money to cover hiring a guy and your legal fees, but not more. Worse case scenario is the judge decides not to give you all the money you asked, but at the least the judge will give you what you are owed. Good chance you won't get any of your legal fees covered, but you will not have a chance if you do not ask. Judges will not award more money; they will only take away from what was asked if they deem it unreasonable.
Kayci is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 05:35 PM   #91
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for sharing your experience. I will consider this if she doesnt work out a payment plan with me within the next few weeks.

Its her day off on friday and she agreed to talk tmr night.
inb4 she sucks your dick and you call it even
Old 01-16-2015, 05:45 PM   #92
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
I'm constantly refreshing this thread in hopes OP provides an update to what happens tonight.

My bet is that she gives him the cold shoulder again and dodges him.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:08 PM   #93
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
inb4 she sucks your dick and you call it even
Make her work it off @ $10 dollars a bj. Cuz that's all she's worth. That's 400 bj's. She better get to work, she got a lot of suckin' to do.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:12 PM   #94
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Are you secretly asking to unite the RS beatdown Crew?
RS beatdown crew...? RS gangbang crew
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:19 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
I'm constantly refreshing this thread in hopes OP provides an update to what happens tonight.

My bet is that she gives him the cold shoulder again and dodges him.
She picked up the phone but she sounds like I just woke her up and she says she will call me back later.

If I won't be able to get a good chat with her by tomorrow. I will definitely file a claim. Its wasted a lot of my time and I've been way too patient with her and her reasonings.

I'm now trying to figure out how to serve her notice as she works at edgewater during grave yard shifts ( 9pm to 9am). I might not be able to reach her face to face due to their regulations during work hours.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:28 PM   #96
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
sigh if you want something done you will get it done.

You are making excuse! Deep down inside you know you aren't getting your money back.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 07:32 PM   #97
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
She picked up the phone but she sounds like I just woke her up and she says she will call me back later.

If I won't be able to get a good chat with her by tomorrow. I will definitely file a claim. Its wasted a lot of my time and I've been way too patient with her and her reasonings.

I'm now trying to figure out how to serve her notice as she works at edgewater during grave yard shifts ( 9pm to 9am). I might not be able to reach her face to face due to their regulations during work hours.
Is she a dealer? Its actually quite simple you see. You head on there at around 10pm (which is still considered early), sit at her table, say HI, and serve her the papers and walk away. Does that sound like too much trouble for $4k that should have been yours in the first place?

Quit making excuses and end this thread once and for all.
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 07:34 PM   #98

I will get it done and if it requires the courts garnishing order from her, I will take that.
I gotta move on and end this right away.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:35 PM   #99

She was cash \ cage manager, but she may be promoted.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:41 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKC ONE View Post
Is she a dealer? Its actually quite simple you see. You head on there at around 10pm (which is still considered early), sit at her table, say HI, and serve her the papers and walk away. Does that sound like too much trouble for $4k that should have been yours in the first place?

Quit making excuses and end this thread once and for all.
I will hand her the notice if she is working at the cage,if not I gotta find a way to meet me at guest service.