REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:51 AM   #201
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
it is going to be ironic that walmart can open three stores next to each other and will probably do well whereas target couldn't do business with just the one location.
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:56 PM   #202
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

I hate Walmart, they're not even that cheap here. Walmart in the US is cheaper than most places.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:03 AM   #203
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
the central city walmart grand opening is today. the moment someone in my office said there was free food samples being handed out it was like a mass evacuation and i was the only one left in my section
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 02-25-2016 at 12:40 PM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2016, 11:01 AM   #204
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
someone say free?
Old 02-25-2016, 11:18 AM   #205
My homepage has been set to RS

So now there is a Walmart at King George (136 St) and 100 Ave, another at 150 St and 100 Ave, and another at 124 st and 88 Ave. I guess people in the burbs love a shitty shopping experience.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:21 AM   #206
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
So now there is a Walmart at King George (136 St) and 100 Ave, another at 150 St and 100 Ave, and another at 124 st and 88 Ave. I guess people in the burbs love a shitty shopping experience.
lets not forget about the one on 72nd Ave and Scott Rd
Old 02-25-2016, 11:36 AM   #207
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
the central city walmart grand opening is today. the moment someone in my office said there was free food samples being handed out i found myself the only one here
That's.....just.....sad.

Have these people never been to Costco? Lol

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 07:34 AM   #208
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Speaking of Costco freebies, samples at Costco in US > Canada. Their samples are huge and there's no lineup, 'cause no body lines up. People grab shit from 345 degrees (if server weren't there, it'd be 360), and the server doesn't waste time putting the shit in little fairy cups.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:13 AM   #209
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
the central city walmart grand opening is today. the moment someone in my office said there was free food samples being handed out it was like a mass evacuation and i was the only one left in my section
Walmart isn't doing well in the states.
Wal-Mart to close 269 stores as it retools fleet
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #210
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Walmart isn't doing well in the states.
Wal-Mart to close 269 stores as it retools fleet
Reads title, doesn't read article, posts article anyways ...
Quote:
Wal-Mart said Friday it will close 269 stores across the globe, including 154 in the U.S. The world's largest retailer also will open as many as 405 stores globally in the coming fiscal year, as it shifts its focus toward Supercenters and Neighborhood Markets in profitable locations.
405-269=+136

154 stores closed in the US (read below)
Quote:
The domestic store closures will mostly impact the company's Walmart Express stores, which account for 102 of the closings. These small stores, which are comparable in size to a dollar store, had been in pilot since 2011.
Quote:
More than 95 percent of the closed U.S. stores are within 10 miles of another Wal-Mart store.
Almost half of the closings are PILOT stores that are located within 10 miles of a larger Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart decided it was more profitable to simply operate a single larger location.

The article also states that while it's closing 154 US stores (102 of which are PILOT stores, 52 non-pilots), it's opening ~55 new Supercenters and ~90 Neighborhood Markets in the US this coming fiscal year (that's ~145). 145-52=+93

Read your shit before you post it, please.

Last edited by Jmac; 02-27-2016 at 10:22 AM.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: