REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   Motostarz? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/700925-motostarz.html)

quasi 01-19-2015 08:45 AM

Motostarz?

Anyone order anything from Motostarz? Located in Richmond, I'm looking to order some goodies for my bike just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them and how it was?

Motorcycle Helmets, Jackets, Riding Gear, Parts & Accessories - Vancouver, BC, Canada | Motostarz.ca

vexor 01-19-2015 09:31 AM

I bought my slip-on and fender eliminator from them (him really). The shop was hard to find at first cause it is located on the second floor of a strip mall and I circled around 3 times trying to find the dam place. The guy running the shop was friendly to me and he didn't have the parts I wanted in stock so he had to order them and they came in right when he said they would (~2 weeks). All in all I have no complaints with buying from there.

Doubl3_H 01-19-2015 05:31 PM

Jack is the owner, great guy very knowledgeable and above all great pricing

Just ask him to hammer out a deal for you

bobbinka 01-19-2015 10:34 PM

didn't have such a good experience with them.

wanted to order something, wasn't sure of sizing, so he said to go in and let him measure. he told me what size to order. i place the order online and called a day or two later to ask about shipping and he said it'd take a week. a week later, still nothing, so i call back. he says there was a holiday (one day) during the week, so it'll come in another week. he calls me the middle of the following week (now the 3rd week), says he can't get it and doesn't know why I was able to order it online....

basically:
-website not up to date, showing products/sizes he doesn't even carry or can get
-discussed exact item in person, he never bothered to verify he can get the product
-received the online order from me, still doesn't realize he can't get the product
-lied about shipping time twice. he didn't know until the 3rd week that he couldn't get the product. if he had put in the order to his suppliers right away, he would've found out immediately he couldn't get the item.

honestly, the prices weren't even that great. the only reason i originally went to them was because I needed gear immediately and thought they'd be quick (as he said). but they ended up wasting a ton of my time.

went to sportbiketrackgear.com and revzilla instead, and shipped to pt roberts. way cheaper

?NR 01-23-2015 08:20 AM

Jack used to be my neighbor and I talked to him about setting up discounts for REVscene members and he was cool with it.

that was last season, and he's no longer my neighbor (i moved)

I'll visit him again soon to see what sort of deals he's able to give.

any suggestions/criticism for the business as whole, please post here

can't change anything if he doesn't know about it.

quasi 01-23-2015 08:46 AM

I ordered some items, I'll let you know when they arrive the experience I have.

Sunfighter 01-26-2015 07:27 PM

quasi, thanks ... I'm curious.

That said - I have never personally had an issue with Bayside either. Consistently good experiences there.

Raid3n 01-26-2015 10:35 PM

i've noticed they can be slow on shipping some times too, but it's not always the shops fault. supplier could be dicking them around too.

bananana 01-27-2015 12:40 AM

If this is the same guy, I purchased a discounted set of RS Taichi gloves from him off of craigslist. Super nice dude. Didn't know he had a physical location -- I definitely need to visit!

quasi 01-27-2015 04:12 PM

I ordered last Wednesday, Grips, a set of bar end mirrors and bar ends. I received them today paid in Canadian dollar I'm really happy will use again and would recommend. With the dollar what it is today cost even with tax (local purchase) was about the same as ordering from Revzilla but I didn't have to drive across and pick it up.

I got it delivered because it was free (I think over a certain dollar value?) and I live almost in langley so didn't want to drive to Richmond.