REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Speaking of crazy women.. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/700992-speaking-crazy-women.html)

Godzira 01-21-2015 09:20 AM

Speaking of crazy women..

This is really upsetting to me that people like her actually exist and have the nerve to do something like that.
She needs to be put into a mental institution for the rest of her life for even suggesting it.

Quote:

The last thing Richard saw on his best friend’s face before he was struck and killed by an SUV while they rode their bicycles, was a smile.

He doesn’t remember being thrown into the air and landing in a ditch, his pelvis shattered, his bicycle a spray of debris across the field. He didn’t see his friend, Brandon Majewski, hit with such force that he dented the SUV bumper, cracked the windshield, then the roof, before he landed on the road to die while holding a caring stranger’s hand.

But he can’t forget the fact that the woman who struck them is suing the boys and their families for her own emotional trauma.

What a heartless bitch.

more info:
Sun News : Woman who struck boys with SUV, killing one, sues families for 'emotional trauma'

apparently she was drunk, her husband is a cop and she might actually get away with this.

Habboy 01-21-2015 09:29 AM

Wow, what an idiot.

There is no way that can fly....irresponsible bicyclists??

murd0c 01-21-2015 09:34 AM

Look at her FB support page...

https://www.facebook.com/stand4sharlene

Godzira 01-21-2015 09:36 AM

They weren't intoxicated and they had reflectors & bright yellow jacket... the lady claims she thought they were a deer...

“Well, I’ve never seen a deer riding a bicycle with reflectors and a bright yellow jacket on,” Terry said. “There is no reason she didn’t see them – you can see a mouse run across that straight stretch of road at night ... I would like to know why she wasn’t charged and why she and her husband were allowed to leave the scene.”

the more I read the worse it gets.. this lady and her husband are terrible people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8584073)
Look at her FB support page...

https://www.facebook.com/stand4sharlene

its nice to see the comments on the page don't show her any support!

StylinRed 01-21-2015 09:42 AM

Can't take sun news seriously, sorry, any real sources?

GLOW 01-21-2015 09:46 AM

i wonder if being able to leave the scene is due to the husband being an officer...i would think if you leave the scene it's very :suspicious:

in any case with the internet it has the chance to get national attention and not get swept under the rug

ilovebacon 01-21-2015 10:07 AM

This is very upsetting becuz of the fact of someone dying from a tragic accident, now the cyclist is getting sued by this bitch what a year to start of 2015. Aside from that cops shouldn't even get any special treatment.

murd0c 01-21-2015 10:24 AM

This is a old story from 2014

Godzira 01-21-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8584076)
Can't take sun news seriously, sorry, any real sources?

Driver suing the teenage boy she struck and killed for 'emotional trauma' - Americas - World - The Independent

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ly-13-million/

Canadian driver sues family of teen she killed, blaming him for accident - Telegraph

Driver that struck teen suing dead boy's family | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto

Driver sues boy she struck and killed | New York Post

freakshow 01-21-2015 10:33 AM

Haven't read all the links, but it seems impossible that she was actually drunk at the time. Some of the sources said that there was no wrong doing on her part, not that she's innocent, but if she was drunk at the time, this would be a pretty clear case..

Godzira 01-21-2015 10:39 AM

The only thing that doesn't make sense is that she fled the scene and wasn't breathalysed..but the 16 year old kids were breathalysed on the spot. I think people just came to the conclusion that she had been drinking. Based on that and the fact that her husband is a cop. She seems to have a special privelage that any other person in this circumstance surely would not get.

I didn't realize it was from a while ago.. I wonder if anything came of it since then??

RRxtar 01-21-2015 12:04 PM

Im pretty sure her statement even said they were coming home from a party or from drinks.

And then she was allowed to leave right after the accident with no breathalyzer, while the victims were breathalyzed, and the witnesses had to stay at the scene until like 6am or something. There is definitely some fucked up shit to the story.

FerrariEnzo 01-21-2015 12:51 PM

Why would she was able to leave the scene, that is the question.. if they werent hiding anything, she would have stayed and did all proper procedure...

SoNaRWaVe 01-21-2015 03:11 PM

not sure what kind of cop her husband would be. any cop would know that after a hit, you should always remain on the scene.

their credibility should be thrown out immediately.

RRxtar 01-21-2015 03:47 PM

From what I understand they did remain on scene until other police showed up and then were allowed to leave

SoNaRWaVe 01-21-2015 03:56 PM

^ that is correct. i just re read the article.

Dragon-88 01-21-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 8584255)
From what I understand they did remain on scene until other police showed up and then were allowed to leave

What boggles my mind is they were allowed to leave, but the bystanders, who pulled over, and were there to help, were forced to stay until 5:30am.. How's that make any sense.

Zedbra 01-22-2015 04:07 PM

I don't like this world anymore. These people are just heartless