REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-23-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
2015 Ford Focus RS

Feburary 3rd... get ready!

Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:54 AM   #2
Witness protection

Watch Ken Block slide the 2016 Ford Focus RS around

Quote:
We have additional details about the upcoming 2016 Focus RS from another trusted source, including power output, so let's start with that. With the Mustang GT's V8 holding down a 435 hp spot at the top of the Ford performance pecking order (for now, until the 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 emerges), the Focus RS is free to turn up the horsepower wick. Since the 2.3-liter Ecoboost is easily capable of more than its 310 hp output in the Mustang, which was dictated more by fuel economy concerns than anything else, the RS is free to pump out between 325 and 350 hp. The higher figure is more likely. This is because as a low-volume, niche product that doesn't compete with the Mustang GT, there's no reason to hold the Focus RS back.

To put the power down, Ford will employ an entirely new AWD system intended for high-output applications. It's not the same system employed on the Fusion, Escape, and MKZ. The new system will employ torque vectoring front and rear to aid handling, and after debuting in the Focus RS it will trickle down to other applications.

That means the Focus RS might have some high-performance AWD company in Ford's lineup soon.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 01-23-2015, 11:01 AM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Never liked the Focus(or Ford for that matter) but I'm excited about the AWD system at that power level. New hot hatch to compete with the new CTR Turbo
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2015, 11:18 AM   #4
Witness protection

meanwhile, VW still hasn't said yes or no with their R400... maybe they will finally get off their asses and make up their mind:

it's going to be an all out war when the RS and the R400 finally meet.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2015, 11:30 AM   #5
Witness protection

on a side note... why is it we don't have this here?

This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2015, 11:39 AM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Ford Performance Liquid Blue is on a roll.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:10 PM   #7
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,755 Times in 3,869 Posts
So if it is an AWD car I may have to trade in my '14 focus St
Old 01-26-2015, 12:44 PM   #8

Fuck this waiting game is killing me. I want to know more and see if it's totally out of my price range
Old 01-26-2015, 12:46 PM   #9
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Fuck this waiting game is killing me. I want to know more and see if it's totally out of my price range
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2015, 01:46 PM   #10

gonna be honest though, im a little worried about how they will make it look. if they keep it like the current focus and just add some box flares and a bigger wing, everyone will be happy. but if they model it after that "facelifted" focus, it might be pretty ugly. im not sure if that facelifted one even came out in '15 like it was supposed to.

Spoiler!

the facelift one on top of course. i dunno maybe im just severely bias, but it looks like the facelifted one ate something sour. kinda like the impossibruuuuuu guy

Spoiler!

these are just some potential renderings. but if they made it look this aggressive, we would all be so happy and i'd trade in 100% regardless of cost.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:08 PM   #11
Witness protection

just keep breathing 320icar... it will be all over soon one way or the other
Old 01-26-2015, 04:47 PM   #12
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,398 Times in 5,090 Posts
So it might come out next year with...... Slightly more power than a stock STI. Interdasting.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:40 PM   #13
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,282 Times in 489 Posts
Pretty filthy numbers, price is issue for a Ford tho, but I'd still totally consider it if the performance is as promised

bcuzracecarz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2015, 06:50 PM   #14
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
so what's the 0-60mph, 1/4 mile, skidpad, Nurburgring laptime and all that?

Is it actually faster than EVO and STi?
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:18 PM   #15
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I wished it looked like the first RS
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2015, 08:06 PM   #16
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,400 Times in 551 Posts
And... Leaked!

Ford Focus RS leaked ahead of official debut
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2015, 09:42 PM   #17

where are those widebody fender ?
Old 02-03-2015, 04:13 AM   #18
Witness protection

Last edited by thumper; 02-03-2015 at 05:10 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2015, 04:53 AM   #19
Witness protection

supposedly the live event is at http://www.gofurtherlive.com but the url is not working for me
Old 02-03-2015, 07:09 AM   #20
Witness protection

i don't know what they put in the fruit punch at the christmas dinner gathering at ford but whatever it is, i hope they are still drinking it hard...

Last edited by thumper; 02-03-2015 at 07:28 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2015, 08:24 AM   #21
Witness protection

2016 Ford Focus RS: This Is Your 320-HP, AWD Monster Hatch From Ford

Quote:
Ford may be an American-based car company, but for too long they've kept one of their hottest offerings out of the hands of Americans. No more. Meet the 2016 Ford Focus RS, the 320 horsepower all-wheel drive monster hatch we've been waiting for.

2016 Ford Focus RS: This Is It
Here's our first glimpse of the 2016 Ford Focus RS, the turbocharged beastie that's set…
Read more
The "normal" Focus ST is one of the best hot hatches around, coming to the table with a 2.0-liter turbo four with 252 horsepower and 270 pound-feet of torque. The Focus RS ups the ante with a 2.3-liter turbo four, sourced from the Mustang EcoBoost, with 'at least' 320 horsepower and 'at least' 320 pound-feet of torque. Yeah, that'll do.

What'll do even more is that the power is linked to a six speed MANUAL gearbox. A gearbox where you can select your own gear. This is wonderful, grand, delightful, excellent news.

Yes, the bestial, machine gun-like five-cylinder engine is good. It will be missed. But the 2.3-liter four is the future of small-displacement EcoBoost power, and it should be great.

Ford also announced the new RS has the one performance feature that hoons have been begging for the most: all-wheel drive. The last RS was front-wheel drive but largely free of crippling torque steer thanks to its RevoKnuckle suspension, but the new one will go full rally-grade with proper four-wheel power. And that's really where it should be these days.

And it's not your regular dumb all-wheel drive. The Focus RS has torque vectoring all-wheel drive that can send up to 70 percent of the drive torque to the rear axle, and 100 percent of that torque can be diverted to one wheel. It monitors conditions between the front and rear continuously in order to establish where all that power goes.

As expected, that AWD system (which was not totally expected), is paired with a revised and upgraded suspension with stiffer springs, sway bars, and adjustable dampers. It has electric power steering, but Ford promises "excellent feet."

We'll see.

In Europe, the RS will have standard Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, which is about as sticky as you'd want a road tire to be. As an option you can get the hardcore Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires as well. We better get those here too, for I need to hit the track and immediately ruin as many sets as possible.

Inside, it has some fantastic looking Recaro seats, but I have to say I'm not that impressed by the rest. Especially the steering wheel. It looks like it'd be more at home in a junkyard Festiva than a rally Ford. We'll have to see if it's terrible when we drive it (hint).

Outside, it gets more aggressive than the ST with a big wing, unique wheels, and unique front fascia that kind of looks like a mask. But apparently a lot more of the money was spent making the RS drive fantastically, which is just fine here.

We can't wait to see more as it makes its Geneva Auto Show debut in March and then makes its way to America, as Ford CEO Mark Fields has promised.

Good stuff from Ford these days, huh?

Old 02-03-2015, 09:03 AM   #22

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Decent looking for sure. Nice to see they finally are having the RS in North America.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:24 AM   #23
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
looks sweet and that blue is gorgeous, wonder what the production blue will be like
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:28 AM   #24
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Looks sweet, I like it. I wonder what Mazda will do with the Mazdaspeed 3 now that Ford has an AWD Focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #25

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
it is . $40k US. i was also considering trading my truck in for one but its just too damn expensive.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote