REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Jenny Kwan - wants to rip off more taxpayers (https://www.revscene.net/forums/701099-jenny-kwan-wants-rip-off-more-taxpayers.html)

Acura604 01-25-2015 10:32 PM

Jenny Kwan - wants to rip off more taxpayers

She wants to rip off taxpayers on a federal level now...

Jenny Kwan to run for federal NDP seat in Vancouver East | News1130

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – A veteran NDP MLA is hoping to make the jump to federal politics.

Jenny Kwan is seeking the party’s nomination for MP Vancouver East.

Kwan is hoping to replace outgoing MP Libby Davies. She will be up against fellow caucus mate Mabel Elmore.

“Libby has said on the outset that she was going to remain neutral with nomination battles. She has always done that in her many years in office and I’m going to respect that process.”

Kwan is no stranger to scandal, and says she expects the Portland Hotel Society issue to come up. “I was shocked by it, I took immediate action to correct it. I went to financial institutions and borrowed money to repay the amounts that I thought had been paid for by my former spouse.”

Last March, Kwan announced she had paid back $35,000 to the society after a government audit found taxpayers paid for her family’s trips to places like Disneyland and Europe.

Kwan has been the NDP MLA for Vancouver-Mount Pleasant since 1996.

willystyle 01-25-2015 10:51 PM

Oh boy! She "will" be in my riding. My vote is certainly not going to her.

smoothie. 01-26-2015 08:06 AM

"I was shocked by it"

ORLY

Acura604 03-23-2015 10:24 AM

Jenny Kwan wins federal NDP nomination for Vancouver East - British Columbia - CBC News

ugh.. .Jenny Kwan looking out for... Jenny Kwan. scum sucking maggot whore.

6o4__boi 03-23-2015 10:32 AM

everytime someone mentions jenny kwan this is who i envision for some reason.

StylinRed 03-23-2015 10:34 AM

wow man you've really got a raging hate on for her
there are a lot worse politicians out there, like the one running the country :/

westopher 03-23-2015 10:34 AM

Yet again, no accountability for politicians. If I stole 35k from my work, you can be sure there would be a lot more repercussions than "oh just pay it back I guess."
Fuck this bitch.

white rocket 03-23-2015 10:42 AM

So Jenny from the block gets caught red headed and weaseled her way out using a scapegoat? Nice :heckno:

pastarocket 03-23-2015 11:51 AM

Politicians like Kwan are literally crooks with a fancy job title as an elected government official. Fucking scumbags that are taking our tax dollars with no regard for the consequences.
:mad:

-definitely not voting for her.

quasi 03-23-2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8613903)
Yet again, no accountability for politicians. If I stole 35k from my work, you can be sure there would be a lot more repercussions than "oh just pay it back I guess."
Fuck this bitch.

Exactly, no accountability not just for her but for everyone in the same position that abuses the perks. It's not an NDP thing, it's an abuse of power that has been going on for a long time and taxpayers will continue to get butt raped because those with the power do something about it are the people benefitting from abusing it.

The criminals basically run the asylum.

Hondaracer 03-23-2015 01:02 PM

Seems pretty short sighted to elect a red handed lier as potential leader of your party? Really hope they show her dirt for the country to see

westopher 03-23-2015 01:18 PM

Short sighted is a very polite way to put it.

carisear 03-23-2015 01:23 PM

She exemplifies dirty politician. This is one of the many reasons people have a bad taste for voting.

I wish she was criminally charged =(

BUT, that area is as left wing as you can get, so it's a super safe seat. I don't think there's a safer seat in bc for ndp than that one.

nah 03-23-2015 07:06 PM

someone should tweet this thread to her and the federal NDP.

:fullofwin:

multicartual 03-23-2015 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nah (Post 8614146)
someone should tweet this thread to her and the federal NDP.

:fullofwin:

None of us are anyone of note and I guarantee that tweet will be regarded as a "troll" tweet

MG1 03-23-2015 08:39 PM

Sad part is, that riding has been NDP for as long as most people can remember. Only once did that riding not be NDP. Hoping this will be the second on record. It was a pretty close race, according to the news. Kwan ran against Mable Elmore. Look her up.