REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 01-27-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,118 Times in 161 Posts
DYING LIGHT.

I just grabbed this game for ps4 liking it so far. Just l wondering how many rsers play this? Here's the trailer

Dying Light - Launch Trailer (60fps) [1080] TRUE-…:

Let's get some Co oP missions going! PSN jayboogz
Advertisement
Jayboogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:55 PM   #2
I don't get it

i'll be picking this up tomorrow. I'll add once i'm on bildo_33
Zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2015, 12:16 AM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
is it like dead island style game?
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:17 AM   #4
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
looks pretty sweet, saw the ad today.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
is it like dead island style game?
yeah made by the company that made dead island and warner brothers... way better den dead island apparently.. i havent played DI personally.
the Parkour in the game is pretty good. they also made guns super rare so its mostly hand to hand combat.

so far so good only played about an hour with my friend and i gotta say this game keeps you on your toes when its night time shits hectic as fuck!!! cant see shit and if u turn on ur flash light zombies rush u lol! the good thing about this game is that you can do the story mode with your buddies pretty interactive u can craft weapons and items like flares n grenades! hahahahah
Old 01-28-2015, 08:40 AM   #6
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

PSN- lcareLessl
l = L
ImPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:15 AM   #7
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayboogz View Post
yeah made by the company that made dead island and warner brothers... way better den dead island apparently.. i havent played DI personally.
the Parkour in the game is pretty good. they also made guns super rare so its mostly hand to hand combat.

so far so good only played about an hour with my friend and i gotta say this game keeps you on your toes when its night time shits hectic as fuck!!! cant see shit and if u turn on ur flash light zombies rush u lol! the good thing about this game is that you can do the story mode with your buddies pretty interactive u can craft weapons and items like flares n grenades! hahahahah
do you think its worth the price? i'd like to get the game too but i dont want to pay premium price for a "AAA" title game that i might end up forgetting in a few weeks
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:23 AM   #8
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
will get this for PC debating if I should pay extra for the ultimate edition
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:45 PM   #9
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
been waiting for this since fall last year, about to start on it now

who's got it for pc? seems like everybody has it for ps4 :[
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:17 PM   #10
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

can't wait to download it! JK unless there is some crazy multiplayer like l4d.

p.s.

don't report me to my employer. Ill promise ill buy the game
RickyTan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:21 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyTan3 View Post
can't wait to download it! JK unless there is some crazy multiplayer like l4d.

p.s.

don't report me to my employer. Ill promise ill buy the game
there is multiplayer, theres a mode where u make ur match public and people come in as night hunter and hunts yo ass when it turns night time, you and your buddies in the lobby will get fucked up lol
Old 01-29-2015, 02:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
If you do get for Pc. i sure hope you have a controller u can link up to your PC for this game
Old 01-29-2015, 02:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruz-in View Post
do you think its worth the price? i'd like to get the game too but i dont want to pay premium price for a "AAA" title game that i might end up forgetting in a few weeks
ive played this game for 2 days now and theres just so much to do! i was playing with a couple buddies earlier.. and we were doing the co op story missions.. and on the way to each checkpoint we would raid houses and kill zombies ahahhahaha

if you have friends that play this game ya, i believe definetely worth the money.. but if you dont... maybe not? even if you have no friends that play this game it is still enjoyable and you can also join public lobbies!

i traded in cod aw for 35 bux so i got this game for 40. wasnt that bad and codaw was lame as fuck.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:48 AM   #14
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
Quote:
If you do get for Pc. i sure hope you have a controller u can link up to your PC for this game
hmm I was gonna see if I could use my 360 controller... but now I wonder if I could use a xbox one controller instead

how many people can you play with at a time for coop? Im guessing 3-4
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:05 AM   #15
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
tried playing for 10mins.. got a massive headache... damn.. cant play FPS games...
Old 01-29-2015, 09:40 AM   #16
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ Ferrari, change your FOV slider up, max it out if you want, that helps a lot with diziness... I'm the same, I can't play any shooter game either until I set the FOV up to like 80% myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post

I have the game on PC, currently not even playing it, waiting for a patch....
the game is badly optimized for PC, so you will get low framerates, I max the game out got about 120fps inside the tower, and then I step outside of the building and I'm getting 25 fps when I should be getting around 100fps with my machine....
also it has this nasty filter they call Chromatic Abberation, supposed to make the game look cinematic and shit, but it just looks like a fucking instagram filter jizzed all over the game... I think the console versions might have the same thing too

Anyone that wants it on PC, just hold on a month or so until the lag and other issues are fixed, the developers on Steam forums are already saying they're working on a patch, and know all about the issues... of course they know... also it might go on sale by then as well..

only reason I got this game is because I liked Dead Island
Old 01-29-2015, 12:49 PM   #17
I don't get it

I wish i had some friends to play co-op with.

This game is WAY more frightening in the dark, got my adrenaline pumping running in the streets with my flashlight off.

Even on the PS4 there are game stopping bugs which i had to reboot 3 times to get around.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:30 PM   #18

Yeah play it in the dark with headphones pretty fucking scary. Lol.

That's the issue with pc version vs console version of games... Pc seem to have lots of bugs and what not where as console it's more just put the game in and play because every CPU has different specs u need to adjust settings to optimize the game. I would stay away from pc version for a bit or do some research on how to optimize the game online
Old 01-29-2015, 08:56 PM   #19
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Anyone getting this for Xbox1?
mindcruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:14 AM   #20
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
I am the light trap, how the fuck you climb the two power poles near the railroad?
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:41 AM   #21
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
^ theres a warehouse roof you're supposed to jump from, it has a steel beam extending out.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:46 AM   #22
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
I am the light trap, how the fuck you climb the two power poles near the railroad?
If you see the overpass, there's a scaffolding. Jump onto that and onto the ledge of the over pass. Then jump towards the pole and grab the arm coming out from the pole.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:34 AM   #23

Quote:
That's the issue with pc version vs console version of games... Pc seem to have lots of bugs and what not where as console it's more just put the game in and play because every CPU has different specs u need to adjust settings to optimize the game. I would stay away from pc version for a bit or do some research on how to optimize the game online

No, it's the developers fault their games play like shit on PC, (unless you have a shit PC) it's because developers optimize it for consoles and then just do a shitty console -> PC port which has been standard procedure for many years, but really bad recent memory, that has many PC gamers pissed. (see every recent Ubisoft title and the shit they get for this) It has nothing to do with people having to "optimize" their own PC's

They actually just released a patch today for PC users, 1.2.... and it says they further optimized the game and so forth, and it does look like multi core CPU usage improved.... but know what else they did, they lowered the fucking graphic settings (FOV slider) and who knows what other settings, just to give people better framerates and they try to pass that off as "optimization"

So instead of truly optimizing further for PC's, they just dumbed down and lowered the settings, basically the same thing as me changing things from high to medium or low... and that's how Developers roll when it comes to the PC, it's become standard practice.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:36 PM   #24
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
^ Ferrari, change your FOV slider up, max it out if you want, that helps a lot with diziness... I'm the same, I can't play any shooter game either until I set the FOV up to like 80% myself
What's FOV? I can't play shooters on consoles because I get headaches too. I can play CS on a computer all day though
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #25

it stands for Field of View... it basically zooms your viewing angle out so you can see more things on screen, and also it helps a lot in terms of motion sickness. A lot of FPS games are starting to implement them now because people ask for it for the obvious reasons, I personally can't play any shooters below 90 fov, if the game itself doesn't have it, I will go on google and try to find a hack file that enables a custom FOV....

I have the PC version of the Dying Light and it's in my GAME setting if I remember correctly, but I think they don't allow such options on consoles because of the strict specific optimizations consoles adhere to, and adding adjustable FOV could potentially fck it all up by messing up the framerate since it's showing more things on screen.

here's a screen shot of how a 60 FOV looks compared to a 120 FOV works from Battlefield 4 I think... don't let the image fool you though, it looks like you went from a super low resolution to super HD... it's sort of like that, but there's also a stretchy zoom effect the higher up you go.... so a maxed out FOV looks like shit in most cases, I personally use about 90-100 myself, most games max it out at about 120