REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Found: Bicycle in East Van (https://www.revscene.net/forums/701137-found-bicycle-east-van.html)

Tone Loc 01-27-2015 11:05 PM

Found: Bicycle in East Van

I know it's a long shot since bikes get stolen tens of times a day in my area, but...

Found a bike tonight, lying on its side in the alley behind 1000 block E. 11th Ave. I stuck it in my garage for safe keeping for the time being.

It seems like a nice bike in good working condition, hard to believe someone would just throw it away.

If it's your bike please PM me with a brief description (brand, colour, size, etc.) so I know you're legit. Or if you're a neighbour who threw it away let me know too, so I can donate it or something since I don't really ride bikes. Thanks!

mb_ 01-27-2015 11:38 PM

dukes did you lose your bike?????

bcrdukes 01-28-2015 12:59 AM

:alone:

yray 01-28-2015 07:29 AM

#bcrdukesforpresident2016

kkttsang 01-28-2015 11:08 AM

Is this a scam too.

adambomb 01-28-2015 11:46 AM

If you don't find the owner, why don't you try getting into riding bikes. You have one now. We live in a city full of bike lanes. Spring time is soon. That sun is blasting today!! :considered:

or you could flip the bike over, check the serial number and send it to the police and see if they get a hit. :angel:

BrRsn 01-28-2015 12:02 PM

if it was bcrdukes' bike it wouldn't be left in an alleyway

it'd be suspended in air, raised to the rafters, above mere mortals inside the temple of pedals (the small building behind bcrdukes' house)

entrax 01-28-2015 12:07 PM

the bike serial number might be blacklisted 2 days from now. :troll:

on a serious note, i got my gf's bike stolen a few months ago, so pm'd

InvisibleSoul 01-28-2015 12:19 PM

Did you post this up on Craigslist? I think you have a WAY better chance of finding the owner there.

Tone Loc 01-28-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 8587918)
Did you post this up on Craigslist? I think you have a WAY better chance of finding the owner there.

I posted an ad last night: Lost a bicycle in East Van?

No emails so far apart from several PMs on here. They have been replied to!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adambomb (Post 8587906)
If you don't find the owner, why don't you try getting into riding bikes. You have one now. We live in a city full of bike lanes. Spring time is soon. That sun is blasting today!! :considered:

or you could flip the bike over, check the serial number and send it to the police and see if they get a hit. :angel:

I checked it today in the light, the chain seems pretty rusted as are the gears... maybe it really is trash lol but I don't imagine it being too expensive to fix. If nobody comes for it in a month I'll donate it or fix it up.

Don't really feel like going to the police as I am pretty sure I'll get hassled, esp. with my age and "appearance". But thanks!

meme405 01-28-2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina (Post 8587985)
I posted an ad last night: Lost a bicycle in East Van?

No emails so far apart from several PMs on here. They have been replied to!

I checked it today in the light, the chain seems pretty rusted as are the gears... maybe it really is trash lol but I don't imagine it being too expensive to fix. If nobody comes for it in a month I'll donate it or fix it up.

Don't really feel like going to the police as I am pretty sure I'll get hassled, esp. with my age and "appearance". But thanks!

I doubt they would harass anyone who voluntarily brought in a bike they found. I mean I don't know you so I don't know what you look like, but I seriously don't see that happening.

Mikoyan 01-28-2015 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adambomb (Post 8587906)

Or check the serial number here:

CPIC Home

Klondike 01-28-2015 03:50 PM

Protip: Etch your registration plate or your post code onto the frame on your bike.