REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:11 AM   #51
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
WOW this story has now made the main page of the Huffington Post.. Talk about blowing up quick and I really wonder if this guys going to get fired over this?

Huffington Post Canada - Canadian News Stories, Breaking News, Opinion
Advertisement
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:19 AM   #52
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
I'd fire him...i'd seriously consider firing the editor too.

That cesspool he considers a column shouldn't have been published. Any idiot with some knowledge of journalism would know that. The fact that it was published goes to show how much effort they put into reviewing what gets published, which is about the same effort the Canucks put in scoring a pp goal these days.
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 09:20 AM   #53
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
"I felt sympathy because Paulsen is going to lose her right to freedom over the death of six animals who, at the end of the day, are essentially inconsequential to this world."

At the end of the day, Paulsen, reporter dumbfuck, myself, and everybody else on this planet are "essentially inconsequential" as well, so does this fucktard think killing anything doesn't matter then? In the grand scheme of things absolutely nothing anyone does matters for fuck all, the whole planet could explode right now and it wouldn't make a lick of difference, so I'm not entirely sure what this stupid sack of shit is trying to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Going to jail for accidentally killing something you can buy for a few hundred bux is just plain stupid.
I can buy a human for "a few hundred bux", should trying to cover up and lie about manslaughter not land you in jail as well? Which, afaik, is the part that's landing her jail time, not the deaths.

Quote:
You can't buy or sell humans.
Yes, you can. It's not legal in most places, but you can do it.

Quote:
Also a labradoodle? Forcing 2 animals that would have never mated in the wild to breed because they look cute is plain stupid.
They don't exist in the wild so...

Quote:
So many people on the forum claim to love dogs but I where did you get your dog from. That will show how much you love dogs.
My cats are from the SPCA, the inlaws dogs and cats (now just cat I guess, RIP Tiger ) are from the SPCA, IIRC all the pets in my extended family aside from maybe 1 are from the SPCA or were rescued in some way (which I think lands near 20 pets).
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 09:20 AM   #54
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
I'd fire him...i'd seriously consider firing the editor too.

That cesspool he considers a column shouldn't have been published. Any idiot with some knowledge of journalism would know that. The fact that it was published goes to show how much effort they put into reviewing what gets published, which is about the same effort the Canucks put in scoring a pp goal these days.
Controversy sells, when has the media ever been ethical ?
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 09:22 AM   #55

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
^ it can be, people just need to start ignoring/blasting the shit ones instead of gobbling up their garbage.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:26 AM   #56
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
You can't buy or sell humans. By buying an animal you are putting a monetary value on. Sentimental value has no place in law. If someone was house sitting and killed a bunch of the owners fish and flushed them down the toilet should they get jail time?

Also a labradoodle? Forcing 2 animals that would have never mated in the wild to breed because they look cute is plain stupid.

So many people on the forum claim to love dogs but I where did you get your dog from. That will show how much you love dogs.
actually people are literally bought and sold every day and it's been happening since the beginning of people.

there are allowances for sentimental value in law. heirlooms, trophies, pictures.

the aforementioned labradoodles' labradoodleness is not relevant to the discussion. as for "forcing" 2 dogs to mate? WOW. if by forcing you mean "not constantly stopping the dogs from fucking"

both my dogs are spca mutts. so go break a bottle and sit on it.

you're like that 14 year old girl who just discovered peta. it's really cute but hopefully you'll grow out of it and at least educate yourself about the subject as opposed to being that little 14 year old spaz screaming meat is murder at a mcdonalds. keep up that fight you adorable little rebel.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:32 AM   #57
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I couldn't believe this comment: “Although I enjoyed having a dog and I can understand how people get emotionally attached to their pets, I have to say that fatherhood changed my perspective on the human-animal hierarchy"

You're joking right? What the fuck does having a kid have to do with the relationship with a pet? I just had a daughter in July and my dogs are now 10 years old. I love them just the same now and also love my daughter. I don't see how my dogs would all of sudden become second rate. We're all one big family. I hope your not teaching your kid your views on the human-animal hierarchy.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #58
In RS I Trust

I thought the same thing, having a child should give him more in-site how important a pet is especially with the way he would see his kids with the animals.

I saw on twitter that people are now going after his wife for the things that he said. Talk about wrong but I have a feeling this guy will think twice before putting out a story like that again.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #59
In RS I Trust

Here his FB

https://www.facebook.com/adrian.macnair?fref=ts

WOW he knew this was going to piss off people!!
Old 02-06-2015, 10:57 AM   #60
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Here his FB

https://www.facebook.com/adrian.macnair?fref=ts

WOW he knew this was going to piss off people!!
hahaha holy shit.

I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:06 AM   #61
In RS I Trust

and people have been tweeting me saying I'm fucken crazy and a horrible person lol
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 11:40 AM   #62
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

-----

Last edited by AAnthony; 05-14-2015 at 03:04 PM.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 11:44 AM   #63
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
haha, that's harsh. People need to be smart about this. Threatening and saying shit like that on social media can be a recipe for disaster. As much as I feel the same way I always watch what I say online(more Twitter/FB rather than forums). Not sure how the Criminal Code works with social media but that Kevin Hayer guy is basically threatening Adrian and the proof is now public.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 11:54 AM   #64
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAnthony View Post
I don't think you're a crazy horrible person, but telling the guy you would pay to see him tortured for writing an article just makes you look like one of those PETA nut cases...

The guy deserves the backlash from his article, but the way you handled it made you look like a psycho, and nobody wants to side with a psycho...
I do agree that my comments were over the line, my anger and frustration with the article got the best of me and in a way I do regret it. I'm happy this is now national news and hopefully he will lose his job now.

Last edited by murd0c; 02-06-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:57 AM   #65
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,789 Times in 980 Posts
Your avatar isn't helping either..
Old 02-06-2015, 11:59 AM   #66
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post

You have a car Manic? So if I went and drove your car off, crashed it, set fire to it, then came to your house to tell you face-to-face that your car was stolen and fed you false information about the culprit who stole your car, then you find out that I was the one who fabricated this lie, you'd be OK with it because cars are just pieces of metal and plastic that shouldn't have any sentimental value anyway right?
he actually does. drives a v10 R8. just another self entitled douche snob living off of mommy and daddy riches. dont pay any attention to him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
both my dogs are spca mutts. so go break a bottle and sit on it.
BAHAHAHA. i fucking loved that. its so damn sad i head to read Manic's retarded fucking posts as my dog was sitting next to me with his head on my thigh..

and thanks murdoc. this was awesome. i'm so glad that scum writer got his dose of social justice.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 12:04 PM   #67

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAnthony View Post
I don't think you're a crazy horrible person, but telling the guy you would pay to see him tortured for writing an article just makes you look like one of those PETA nut cases...

The guy deserves the backlash from his article, but the way you handled it made you look like a psycho, and nobody wants to side with a psycho...

I honestly don't think Murd0c's comments were that bad. If anything that guy was a total bag of dicks for publicizing comments he knew damn well were coming. He's an even bigger sack of shit for trying to get some public pity out of it.
He probably received emails that were far worse. Hell, if people could read my mind after I read that article they'd probably think I'm some deranged psychopath.
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 12:09 PM   #68
RS controls my life!

agreed^

Old 02-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #69
In RS I Trust

The way I was looking at it at the time was the dogs were locked in a car, basically tortured to death and then then the family's were lied about what happened. So that's the reason why I made that comment but of course it was blown out a proportion but that's the internet for ya!!

I have heard from a lot of people that have told me they would of said a lot worse then what I did. I'm just happy I only had 140 bars to deal with.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:35 PM   #70

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
You can't buy or sell humans. By buying an animal you are putting a monetary value on. Sentimental value has no place in law. If someone was house sitting and killed a bunch of the owners fish and flushed them down the toilet should they get jail time?

We aren't arguing the ethics of dog breeding you dumb fuck. Fwiw i'd probably agree with you in such an argument, to a point.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #71

Thanked 7,381 Times in 3,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
he actually does. drives a v10 R8. just another self entitled douche snob living off of mommy and daddy riches. dont pay any attention to him

I also own a 97 Civic hatch that I haven't driven in 2 years but don't want to sell it and work 7 days a week.

At least some cities are taking the lead and trying to stop breeders.

San Diego City Council unanimously votes to ban retail sale of dogs, cats, rabbits in pet stores - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

Also just because I don't a agree with you shouldn't attack me personally.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:48 PM   #72
RS controls my life!

Quote:
I also own a 97 Civic hatch that I haven't driven in 2 years but don't want to sell it and work 7 days a week.

San Diego City Council unanimously votes to ban retail sale of dogs, cats, rabbits in pet stores - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego

just stop..

This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 12:50 PM   #73

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:

What's the difference between an attack and a simple statement of truth?
Old 02-06-2015, 12:58 PM   #74
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,132 Times in 7,145 Posts
A dog is more than an animal in our society, wether you appreciate it or not, its fact.
These were a bunch of dogs, who were loved by their families, and to not understand that is simply stupid.
Dogs are not just pets, therapy dogs provide joy to geriatric patients at hospitals, confidence to autistic children, lead the blind in their day to day lives, provide support to our soldiers with PTSD in their darkest days with unconditional love, tech children how to be parents in their later years by providing care and patience for a living being that relies upon them for guidance. I could go on for hours with their roles, but thats a pretty reasonable start.
The lives of many humans have been greatly affected positively by dogs and our society as a whole benefits from the human/dog relationships, as well as dogs benefit from it. If you made it through grade 6 science you'd understand how a symbiotic relationship between species exists and how the dog/human interaction is the perfect example.
If you can't understand that, there is simply something wrong with the functions of your brain.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2015, 01:02 PM   #75

Thanked 7,381 Times in 3,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
We aren't arguing the ethics of dog breeding you dumb fuck. Fwiw i'd probably agree with you in such an argument, to a point.

You are missing the point. My point was people are upset because they are dogs. If it was some other animal that was not a pet there would not be so much outrage.