REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 08-18-2015, 05:46 PM   #51
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Just finished watching it at landmark in surrey. It was packed for a 3:30 show in the afternoon. I was waiting for Eazy E to make real muthaphukkin g'z after Dre left but they didn't show that. Otherwise, 10/10
Advertisement
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2015, 11:41 PM   #52
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

When Eazy E says his line for the first time.

Whole theater was cracking up.
dboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2015, 10:13 AM   #53
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
Interesting read

Here's What's Missing From Straight Outta Compton: Me and the Other Women Dr. Dre Beat Up

has alot of other links to interesting articles as well
Vansterdam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:50 AM   #54
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
Interesting read

Here's What's Missing From Straight Outta Compton: Me and the Other Women Dr. Dre Beat Up

The entire article just reaks of desperation. Another individual who's 15 seconds are long past, just trying to milk the extra limelight created by this movie.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-19-2015, 05:47 PM   #55

Went to the VIP Cineplex in Abbotsford and they had signs up that said "7:20 show for Straight Out Of Compton is sold out".

"Straight Out Of Compton"
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2015, 08:00 PM   #56
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
Interesting read

lol.

Eminem's lyrics from the song Guilty Conscience

Quote:
Okay, thought about it? Still wanna stab her?
Grab her by the throat, get your daughter and kidnap her?
That's what I did, be smart don't be a retard
You gonna take advice from somebody who slapped Dee Barnes?
(What you say?) What's wrong? Didn't think I'd remember?
(I'ma kill you mothafucka!) Uhh-ahh, temper, temper
Mr. Dre, Mr. N.W.A, Mr. AK
Coming straight outta Compton, y'all better make way
How in the fuck you gonna tell this man not to be violent?
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2015, 09:58 PM   #57
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I really wonder what the numbers will be after this weekend, it seems like every showing has been packed up here and I'm sure its the same most other places as well
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:52 PM   #58
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
The entire article just reaks of desperation. Another individual who's 15 seconds are long past, just trying to milk the extra limelight created by this movie.
if you got choked, threw to a wall and still have ears ringing 25 years later, let's see how you'll feel.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-20-2015, 09:45 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
if you got choked, threw to a wall and still have ears ringing 25 years later, let's see how you'll feel.
Just like half these fuckers claiming injuries after a car accident, who knows if any of her ongoing pains are true.

I've had my fair share of concussions, it hasnt been 25 years, but my ears certainly ain't ringing.

People get beat up everyday, by their loser ass SO's, or stupid family members, etc. many of them much worse than what Dee Barnes went through. Most of them don't see even a fraction of the attention or any sort of settlement like she received.

Does she really deserve more attention than the other people just because she was beat up by someone who later turned out to be ridiculously famous?

As she said in her article, the incidents had no place in the movie, this movie wasn't about that, there has been many other documentaries and history type shows that have focused more on that part of Dre and NWA. This movie was about another side of the group altogether.

So her coming back and dragging it all back up, and putting herself through it all again, is just for her own self fulfilment. Especially when she ends the article with a:
Quote:
You can follow me on twitter, instagram and facebook. MAKE SURE TO BUY MY BOOK WHEN IT COME OUT.

This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-20-2015, 10:18 AM   #60
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
I'd thank you 10 times over if I could

"Hey guys, remember me? Remember the shit I went through? I'M STILL RELEVANT! REMEMBER ME! BUY MY FUCKING MEMOIR!"
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:57 PM   #61
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Dr. Dre's Assault Of Dee Barnes Was In Original "Straight Outta Compton" Script

The LA Times obtained a copy of the original script that included the assault scene in its pages. Here is their description:

Quote:
In the scene, the fictional Dre, “eyes glazed, drunk, with an edge of nastiness, contempt” (per noted from the script) spots Barnes at the party and approaches her.

“Saw that [expletive] you did with Cube. Really had you under his spell, huh? Ate up everything he said. Let him diss us. Sell us out.”

“I just let him tell his story,” Barnes’ character retorts, “That’s what I do. It’s my job.”

“I thought we were cool, you and me,” Dre fires back. “But you don’t give a [expletive]. You just wanna laugh at N.W.A, make us all look like fools.”

The conversation escalates, Barnes throws her drink in Dre’s face before he attacks her “flinging her around like a rag-doll, while she screams, cries, begs for him to stop.”
IMO that is something that should be put in the movie, however it was considered a side story, same goes for eazy e's diss track real mutthapukkin g'z lol
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-20-2015, 02:22 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo View Post
Dr. Dre's Assault Of Dee Barnes Was In Original "Straight Outta Compton" Script

The LA Times obtained a copy of the original script that included the assault scene in its pages. Here is their description:

IMO that is something that should be put in the movie, however it was considered a side story, same goes for eazy e's diss track real mutthapukkin g'z lol
Okay so my opinion and yours differ, I don't feel it would have added anything to the movie aside from driving the runtime of an already lengthy movie even higher.

I hate it when people come into a discussion that is being had maturely, and just start failing away. Our opinions differ on the matter, reserve your fails for people like timpo, or CiC. Not someone who is having an intelligent conversation with you.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #63
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
I have yet to see the movie, but from what I hear is that they're glorified throughout most of the film with most of their controversies (Dee Barnes case) being left out. This is why it is considered a good film and not a great film; more Hollywood than biographical. However, I can understand why they left it out. Dre and Cube are still heavily publicized in today's media, and an inclusion of the Dee Barnes scene would definitely hurt their image.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:58 PM   #64

Quote:
I hate it when people come into a discussion that is being had maturely, and just start failing away. Our opinions differ on the matter, reserve your fails for people like timpo, or CiC. Not someone who is having an intelligent conversation with you.
which mature discussion was that? I just read one line that contained words like reaks, milk and long past.

Do I think including it in the film will add anything? No, but I'm glad she came out like the Cosby victims. I've never heard of Dee Barnes aside from a 'oh yeah that sounds familiar from one of the lyrics'

How can you use your past experience with concussions and apply it to every case out there and dismiss any irreversible effects? Could she be exaggerating? Sure. Is she making things out of thin air just to stay relevant? Doubt it. if you don't feel a shred of sympathy from this line then I'm at at a loss for words

Quote:
People have accused me of holding onto the past; I’m not holding onto the past. I have a souvenir that I never wanted. The past holds onto me.
disclaimer: I have tremendous respect for Dre et al's talent and but perhaps he should be a bigger man and apologize and may be give a bit of funds to support groups of domestic violence from the gazillions he's made from his overpriced Beats cans.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-20-2015, 10:24 PM   #65
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Dee Barnes absolutely should have been in the movie, if they wanted to make it accurate and not just to make them look good. I can't even imagine what the argument against it would be...

I haven't seen it yet however, so I don't know how much of it is a biopic, or just glorifying them, skipping out the aspects that make them look bad.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-21-2015, 12:44 AM   #66
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Having a lot of the incidents such as the Dee Barnes one would make the movie much more well-rounded and complete in my opinion, but with the film sitting at 2.5 hours already, it might have gotten a little too overwhelming if they put in more scenes.
Shayan4440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:20 AM   #67
dlo

just watched the movie and holy shit, it was long and i do believe that dee barnes should had been in it, ---> dont open if u dont want any spoilers
Spoiler!

theres a bunch of stuff missing but fuck, good movie juss a tad long
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.

Last edited by dlo; 08-21-2015 at 03:26 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-21-2015, 08:26 AM   #68

Quote:
disclaimer: I have tremendous respect for Dre et al's talent and but perhaps he should be a bigger man and apologize and may be give a bit of funds to support groups of domestic violence from the gazillions he's made from his overpriced Beats cans.
I'm more or less done with this tangent, and I wasn't gonna post again (except to add my fails just like you guys did to me), but this part got me.

You claim to have tremendous respect for dre, and yet you post about how he needs to do more within the community?

First off, when she filed the lawsuit he pleaded no contest, he never said he didn't hit her, so admitting to what he did is far more than most men. He also settled the case with her, if she had been unhappy with it then why the hell did she settle, she had a pretty clear cut case, and any lawyer would have been happy to take dre's money. Except that you forget that when this case erupted dre wasn't worth 1 bil. He was worth maybe 20 mil? So the case got settled for a fair amount. So what? Now that he has made more money he should come back and give more money to her? That's not how this shit works.

As for the comment of giving to domestic abuse facilities, i'm sure he has given plenty, Dre is listed constantly as one of the most philanthropic people in music.

He has given MILLIONS to fund arts programs in california and especially his old neighbourhood.

On top of that he only just recently announced that ALL the proceeds from his last album are going to go towards paying for a new arts center.

Anyway, lets just get back to the movie.

This post FAILED by:
Old 08-21-2015, 09:44 AM   #69
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,694 Times in 1,625 Posts
How would this movie be for someone who has no interest in hip-hop, let alone know the history of NWA?
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:05 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
How would this movie be for someone who has no interest in hip-hop, let alone know the history of NWA?
You'll actually learn about them. You can absolutely enjoy the movie with no previous knowledge. You will miss a few subtle references, but you won't even realize you're missing them.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-21-2015, 10:23 AM   #71

Quote:

You claim to have tremendous respect for dre, and yet you post about how he needs to do more within the community?

First off, when she filed the lawsuit he pleaded no contest, he never said he didn't hit her, so admitting to what he did is far more than most men. He also settled the case with her, if she had been unhappy with it then why the hell did she settle, she had a pretty clear cut case, and any lawyer would have been happy to take dre's money. Except that you forget that when this case erupted dre wasn't worth 1 bil. He was worth maybe 20 mil? So the case got settled for a fair amount. So what? Now that he has made more money he should come back and give more money to her? That's not how this shit works.

As for the comment of giving to domestic abuse facilities, i'm sure he has given plenty, Dre is listed constantly as one of the most philanthropic people in music.

He has given MILLIONS to fund arts programs in california and especially his old neighbourhood.

On top of that he only just recently announced that ALL the proceeds from his last album are going to go towards paying for a new arts center.
Just because I respect someone's work doesn't mean I could see myself liking them as a person. I like most of Kanye's music, but he's probably an asshole IRL and wouldn't buy his swag and ask for an autograph.

I'm aware of his past philantropy endavours and I'm sure many up and coming artists are thankful for his contribution to the community. But again, how are you reaching to a conclusion that he's helped out victims of domestic violence?

In Barnes case, yes the article suggests she wants to spread the word about her book. I'm not thinking of a dollar amount when I say Dre should just apologize for his past actions and show that he's changed.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:08 PM   #72
dlo

rumours spewing about a sequel to str8 outta compton alrdy lol, gonna be focused more on the rise and death of death rows records, mostly focusing on tupac and snoop, sounds dope haha
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-21-2015, 02:53 PM   #73

Quote:
In Barnes case, yes the article suggests she wants to spread the word about her book. I'm not thinking of a dollar amount when I say Dre should just apologize for his past actions and show that he's changed.
Quote:
While he did not address each allegation individually, he said: “Twenty-five years ago I was a young man drinking too much and in over my head with no real structure in my life. However, none of this is an excuse for what I did. I’ve been married for 19 years and every day I’m working to be a better man for my family, seeking guidance along the way. I’m doing everything I can so I never resemble that man again.”

He added: “I apologize to the women I’ve hurt. I deeply regret what I did and know that it has forever impacted all of our lives.”
Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/22/ar...hurt.html?_r=0

So he apologized. What are you going to complain about next?

This post thanked by:
Old 08-22-2015, 12:26 PM   #74
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Did you enjoy movies like 8 miles and the notorious movie? Imo the movie is enjoyable as it is. I went with my gf, she was not a big hip hop fan or gangsta rap fan other than listening to my music. She throughly enjoyed the movie and ended up watching a whole bunch of gangsta rap documentary with me afterward.

Good introduction to hip hop legends and the struggle that the music arise from.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #75
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
JJ Fad should have been in this too, arguably, if not for them, there would be no SOC album.

Not to mention Vanilla Ice should have been in this, yes, the vanilla ice, he put up the money for Death Row Records, the rumours at the time, iirc, was that Suge Knight threatened to throw Ice out of a highrise it he wouldn't put up the money
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote