REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:07 PM   #51
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
^^^
Coquitlam Centre rush hour is still nothing compared to 200 Street, from 64th to the Bypass, in Langley. Fuck that shit. Seriously.

Coquitlam was far when my parents moved us out of South Van, and into Poco. It was a bitch to see my friends in Vancouver. Now, I see Coquitlam as the farthest point anyone wants to move to avoid bridge traffic and tolls. It's the burbs, but you aren't in Surrey or farther out. I'd live in Coquitlam, again!
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2015, 09:24 PM   #52
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604nguyen View Post
-lazy vancouver people who think coming out here is some sort of expedition. I commute to downtown everyday.... its not that bad people.
guilty as charged
at least there's food and activities in N Van/Richmond when I cross the bridge...there's not much in it for me at poco
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-11-2015, 07:15 AM   #53
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
This! If you have kids in school, don't make them move. My dad moved around a LOT when I was kid. I hated having to make new friends every 3-6mos. Obviously you guys probably wouldn't be doing that sort of moving around, but it would likely be just as hard on them. No one likes to leave their comfort zone, especially not kids who are used to a set routine/group of friends.
i moved a few different schools too. i found it somewhat difficult and as such made my home purchase based on the fact they'll be in the district i want, with no plan on moving until the kids are all done high school.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #54
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
Also check out PoCo's Citadel Heights. It's a very nice area and surprisingly convenient due to its proximity to Hwy 1.
Fuck the mary hill bypass or i would move back to citadel heights.
I've been looking at properties for over a year in Coquitlam but housing market is just way to insane. Even if you look at prices and think you can afford it doesn't mean your going to get it.
My friend bought in coquitlam after 6 months he put full offers on 3 places and didn't get any. They ended up in a place that i personally think they over paid at the full asking price but then got in a bidding war and ended up paying 60K on top. Fuck that.
VR6GTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:13 PM   #55
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i moved a few different schools too. i found it somewhat difficult and as such made my home purchase based on the fact they'll be in the district i want, with no plan on moving until the kids are all done high school.
Interesting statement. It is true that some school districts are better than others. Just saiyan............... not going to debate it, btw. Vancouver school district is pretty good, although they are out of money and might have to make some harsh changes. We're talking public schools, so don't tell me about St. Georges this and Crofton House that.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:18 PM   #56
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
He probably means actual schools. I lucked out and the schools my son went to were excellent and had very positive, parental participation and great teachers.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:14 PM   #57
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Burnaby South was great (if you ignored the koreans fighting in A section all the time) and H.D. Stafford in Langley was too. However the other half dozen schools I attended in grade 8 were shit (these were mostly surrey/cloverdale area schools, and DT in East Van). So I completely agree with what MG1 is saying about some districts being better than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:29 PM   #58
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Mary Hill bypass area by the Shell station still a super ghetto?

I lived there 18 years-ish ago and right behind my house was a brothel with cars on blocks in the front yard, haha
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:52 PM   #59
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
ya we want to be close (walking distance) to the community centre we go to and the HS they'll eventually go to. it's the area i grew up in before i moved away.

rankings go up and down and who knows what programs will be available in 10+ years.
but unlike my upbringing we plan on trying to be consistent in our location for the kids and not move around, so might as well live in the area we like if possible. i know recent grads from there and they still seem to have the same programs i remember so that's a good sign i guess.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:29 PM   #60
FB6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604nguyen View Post
What I dont like:
-lazy vancouver people who think coming out here is some sort of expedition. I commute to downtown everyday.... its not that bad people.
Exactly how I feel, friends keep saying it's so far and shit. If you go on Hwy 1 during non rush hour times it doesn't even take that long.
FB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #61
I STILL don't get it

I have been living in coquitlam (pinetree area) for 5 years now and I absolutely love the neighborhood. All the shops that you need are very close by, easy commute to DT and evergreen line construction is on schedule

Me and my wife are thinking to move to burke mountain as it is a brand new community and lots potential however the lack of school in that area is quite an issue for us. My wife wants our son to attend school in our current area (pinetree way elementary and pinetree high school ) is there any way that we could live at Burke and still can send our son to those schools that we like?

Last edited by donot521; 02-12-2015 at 03:35 PM.
donot521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:39 PM   #62
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Probably not unless you have a family situation that requires him to go a certain school.
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:59 PM   #63
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donot521 View Post
I have been living in coquitlam (pinetree area) for 5 years now and I absolutely love the neighborhood. All the shops that you need are very close by, easy commute to DT and evergreen line construction is on schedule

Me and my wife are thinking to move to burke mountain as it is a brand new community and lots potential however the lack of school in that area is quite an issue for us. My wife wants our son to attend school in our current area (pinetree way elementary and pinetree high school ) is there any way that we could live at Burke and still can send our son to those schools that we like?
You have to apply for cross catchment. They give priority to the kids that live in the area, then in the order they receive registration. Since there's limited schools in Burke Mtn., special consideration might be given in order accommodate all the kids in the area.

Home

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #64
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB6 View Post
Exactly how I feel, friends keep saying it's so far and shit. If you go on Hwy 1 during non rush hour times it doesn't even take that long.
word....
takes me literally 15-20 min or so to get to downtown at night.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:55 PM   #65
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
You would be looking at a townhouse in Burnaby at $550k.

My wife and I are also looking at moving to Coquitlam but in Burke Mountain. 25-30km away from DT. This neighbourhood is the only thing we can afford given our criteria.

The new sky train and west coast express shouldn't be too bad. It will be a huge change as I live and work downtown in the past 2 years.
Don't buy in burke mountain, it's soo far from everything and doesnt have great transit. and bear sightings are more common. You can't really walk anywhere because it's all hills. It use to be a forest like 3-4 years ago. if you do, wait a few years when all those new subdivisions are completed and the increase supply will bring down prices.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:14 PM   #66
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
live in bby but work in coq. I may move to coq just to be closer to work.

evergreen line delayed until Fall 2016 now.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 05:07 AM   #67
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donot521 View Post

If he's already attending you can easily, move and don't say anything. They'll have no idea you're out of catchment. You can attend schools in districts you don't live in as well but to do that there has to be room in the school I do believe. If you're in catchment they have to make room for you regardless.

I'll be sending my son to highschool out of catchment so he can play football.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote