REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-16-2015, 05:24 PM   #51
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
I don't even want to bother getting involved in this thread.. but Timpo makes a valid point.
Advertisement
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:08 AM   #52
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
well decreased slip steam too, Shelby Cobra's windshield was creating huge slipstream and causing this air brake effect.
......slip stream would be referring to the air behind the car that another car would use ton draft off of. The coefficient of drag refers to any drag generated by the car passing through the air. So raking the wind shield more dropped the CD and made the car faster.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:29 AM   #53
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolersk8ter View Post
@Timpo

I have yet to perform experimentation of the wing on the FRS. I've done experimenting on the wing on its own, and the wing on another vehicle. Because of that, I can confidently keep saying my wing will improve laptimes and that it will perform better than competitors—even without the more direct evidence of live-testing and CFD with the FRS. The flow dynamics and interaction of the wing from that test can be translated and adopted as a starting ground for the mount and wing placement you see here now. The mount/placement of the wing on the car is not finalized yet.

TRD had more than just improved lap-time performance in mind when they designed their product. They follow a business model different than mine. It does perform, but I know that mine will perform way much better.

I have not laid out the full spec of the wing and the expected performance it has on the FRS, because I have not reached that stage yet. It is important to keep in mind that this is still a product under development. I do request you wait then, as your particular questions can only be confidently answered once live testing has taken place.

There aren't many popular companies that make the same big wings with mounts that accommodate each vehicle design, or companies that experiment on the vehicles they advertise to be applied to. I even see many of the big wing companies are majorly flawed in designing and optimizing mounts, placement of their wings, etc. Many of the wing's you see on those hill-climb and time-trial cars are custom made and are not produced in batches for sale. Regarding their popularity, maybe they do not go through the same marketing and advertising strategy that I have in store. I wish that I'll reach the same branding level as APR or Voltex, and prove that my products outperforms theirs.

So far you have 0 proof of anything, simply your theory of how it should work. The proof is in the pudding.
Build it, show me wind tunnel testing, show me corner side load charts that indicate the wing is producing down force and not flexing. Until you have physical data to back anything your claiming you will be stuck with a tone of holes in the design and nothing more than an idea.

I look forward to seeing the results but right off the bat I know its not going to perform in the way you are expecting from my first hand experience with these types of things. It needs work, and that work can only be done with proper testing to show the results, until then you have a very large boat anchor slowing the car down.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:22 PM   #54
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
......slip stream would be referring to the air behind the car that another car would use ton draft off of. The coefficient of drag refers to any drag generated by the car passing through the air. So raking the wind shield more dropped the CD and made the car faster.
yeah but slipstream does pull the car back though, which you don't want.
you want your airflow to go through the car as smoothly as possible instead of making slipstream(low air pressure) behind and causing it do pull back the car.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:44 PM   #55
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhjghj View Post
wow, can you make one for a miata ?? i wana improve my laptime aswell
Yes I can! But at this moment, I am focusing on the FRS chassis. I'll be creating a website soon, you'll be able to stay tuned for latest updates and development for other chassis.
lolersk8ter is offline   Reply With Quote