REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:56 PM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
times have changed... chinatown was so much better back then even 10 years ago
I miss that original night market, before there was a richmond one.
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2015, 06:49 AM   #52
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

...meanwhile, in China
Habboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:59 AM   #53
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
I'm more concerned that they chop meat while wearing no gloves, don't wash their hands, handle cash, then go back to chopping meat again. Money is one of the dirtiest things out there and raw meat ain't that far behind either. Combine the 2 all day long, daaamn.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:27 AM   #54
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
It's disgusting behaviour no matter who is doing it, unfortunately there are a lot of people who do not take prep regulations seriously.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:51 PM   #55
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i have experiences worst in china as i live there now, but im not gonna complain about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:55 PM   #56
I am Hook'd on RS

When someone is smoking they are pretty much touching their hands with their lips. Then they transfer all that bacteria from their mouth into the food when they touch the food since they probably didn't wash their hands while or after they are smoking. Most people have Staph. When food is contaminated with this pathogen it grows crazy at room temperature and the toxin it produces is heat stable meaning when you cook it... it does not remove the toxin. Lots of people get sick by this.

Not only is this an unhygienic practice which violates some health regulations. The actual smoke and ash can contaminate the food. This concoction of chemicals is probably not going to be healthy for you.

Also, it is just down right illegal to smoke while cooking at a food facility that sells to the public as per the food premise regulation under the public health act in BC that all health inspectors use:

"Section 21(2) Every operator of food premises must ensure that no employee smokes in any area where food is prepared, dispensed or stored."

If you see something is while you are at a restaurant. You should probably take a picture of it and maybe send it to your local health inspector for him/her to take care of.
vudooca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:30 PM   #57
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,753 Times in 353 Posts
at least i know this is meat he is chopping, i had rat meat in china while not knowing about it.