REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 02-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Destiny Raid and Strike LFG thread.

I知 betting there are still revscene members playing Destiny. I知 hoping we can start a thread to match up players to run raids and weekly strikes here.
Much like LFG, some stats should be posted up. I知 putting age in, as there is a wide range of users here and many of the older players may want to pair with a bit older as well.

Console
Class
Level
Times/Dates looking to run

I値l put up mine to start:

PS4,Hunter,Lvl 28, age 35, Have Mic.

Looking to run weekly night fall and Vault of Glass on normal. Starting on the 23rd of Feb, can run anytime from 5pm to about 11pm. Looking for to play with people around my age if possible.

PM to exchange PSN.
Advertisement
91civicZC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:25 PM   #2
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
I'm pretty set to give up on this game, but I've had awful experiences with the LFG websites. My only successful full VoG came from running with a group of people from 4chan, and I haven't tried again since. If there's enough interest here, I might be assed to give it a shot again. I might be better at nightfall than raids as I'm not fully suited to handling the Relic.

PS4/29T/Age 22/Can mic, but would prefer not to unless necessary. Have no age qualms, since my last successful raid I didn't know how old everyone was, but no one was an idiot.
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
man I was straight addicted to this game for like 4 months lol

starting to get real sick of it. only really do the weekly/nightfall/raids now

I like how u post age as well cause i usually put NO NOOBS/KIDS on LFG lol

destinylfg.net works pretty well for me. usually takes 10-15 mins to find a solid group.

I've beaten Atheon and Crota multiple times on Hard lol

ill still play on the 360 if anyone wants to play add VANSTERDAM420
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
I'm pretty set to give up on this game, but I've had awful experiences with the LFG websites. I might be better at nightfall than raids as I'm not fully suited to handling the Relic..
One of the reasons I'm hoping to start up some groups here. At least here people have Revscene in common, and hopefully easier to find people that suit your play style.

I've never run the raid, ever. Super stoked to give it a shot, but I'd like to run a strike as well.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:48 AM   #5
ESKETIT

dude beats Crota on Hard.. SOLO

This run was insanely difficult. At the moment I don't know if it could be completed with a character anything short of level 32 Sunsinger Warlock with Starfire Protocol, Gjallarhorn, Ice Breaker, Red Death, Black Hammer, and a weapon with surplus. Other perks and items help (high discipline is very helpful, Apotheosis Veil, shoot to loot, Fatebringer, etc.) but they are only marginal advantages. Even with all this gear and the heavy ammo glitch, this run is absolutely insane level difficulty, and anybody who has tried it will certainly be able to attest to that. I doubt many who watch this will fully appreciate the difficulty of this challenge, but I strongly encourage you to try. From my knowledge, the only other character setup that could have the vaguest chance of making this run possible would be a Titan with the Armamentium and max discipline using magnetic grenades (Ghorn MG Ghorn MG on Crota's shield). I don't know if that is possible, but I believe it is the only other potential possibility.

There was much less "luck" in this run than it may seem. First of all, this took dozens of hours to perfect and accomplish. Secondly, most of the seemingly random aspects of the Crota fight can be influenced in some way by careful gameplay. There isn't a single thing I do in the Crota fight that isn't deliberate in some way, and oftentimes the right move had to be made within a matter of seconds. I believe that with perfect gameplay this could be recreated at least once an hour - the fight is relatively consistent, just extremely hard.

Finally, Warlocks suck and I hate them. I had to play on my friend's account (The Arpacan) in order to do this because I don't have any filthy Warlocks on my own tag, and I like it that way. While they are uniquely capable of soloing Heroic Crota as far as I can tell, I do not like anything about their abilities. I genuinely believe they are OP in both PvE and PvP, though much moreso in PvE. Maybe I'll make a video explaining why sometime. At any rate, the video is sc Slayerage playing on someone else's account. I didn't do the first sections on a Warlock because I didn't have to, and I believe they would have been easier by far (again, abyss aside) as a Warlock anyway.1

I owe this run to The Arpacan and just to be completely clear, he is awesome. Big thanks to him for letting me borrow his account pretty much any moment I wanted for the past week. He didn't have to do that or trust me with his account, so thanks very much to him.

Holy Shit, A Destiny Player Soloed Crota's End On Hard
Old 02-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #6
RS Licensed Vendor

I'm on PS4 and have 32 Warlock/Titan/Hunter.

We're usually one man short in our group. We tend to run VOG and Crota on Hard. So if anyone that's level 31+ needs a group PM me your PSN ID.

We usually run Crota on Normal, then attempt hard mode later in the week.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:30 PM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

32 Warlock/32 Hunter (Max weapons, all raid weapons)
PS4
PSN Name: junchul
Playtime - 8:30PM PST ----->
For tonight, looking for a quick VOG Hard(still chasing my Vex), and then Crota Hard
OriginalJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #8
ESKETIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
I'm on PS4 and have 32 Warlock/Titan/Hunter.

We're usually one man short in our group. We tend to run VOG and Crota on Hard. So if anyone that's level 31+ needs a group PM me your PSN ID.

We usually run Crota on Normal, then attempt hard mode later in the week.
no point in doing normal first if you run Hard mode you get double the drops
Old 02-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
no point in doing normal first if you run Hard mode you get double the drops
If you don't have blackhammer/hunger of crota, much higher drop chance in normal. Couple of guys I play with are still chasing those two weapons.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2015, 01:36 PM   #10

I've never run the VOG, so looking to run it on normal next week in the evening. Anyone who's up for it pm me.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:02 PM   #11
"Entertainment" mod.

I'm held back on level because no groups for raid gear. But at least IB is up if anyone wants to put a team together and go at it. Thorn makes it easy.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:13 PM   #12
ESKETIT

^ I fucken hate that last part to get thorn where I gotta get void kills on crucible lol. I got rid of the bounty twice now and Im at that spot for the 3rd time. dont really play crucible much but prob will once Iron banner hits so I can finally get it. Thorn/The last word destroys in PVP
Old 02-19-2015, 06:45 AM   #13
"Entertainment" mod.

Quote:
^ I fucken hate that last part to get thorn where I gotta get void kills on crucible lol. I got rid of the bounty twice now and Im at that spot for the 3rd time. dont really play crucible much but prob will once Iron banner hits so I can finally get it. Thorn/The last word destroys in PVP
Just wait for the final part where you have to do the Strike to kill the special Wizard. That was a pain in the ass.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:53 AM   #14

Quote:
I gave up the thorn bounty on my hunter.

When I got it on my lock:
Atheon's epilogue
Final Rest 2 (Void Fusion)
Nova bomb
In Control (nova bombing guys standing on the flags...)

1 hour later, crucible part of the bounty done.

Yes solo'ing the reckoning strike on Epic, took longer
Old 02-24-2015, 07:21 AM   #15

Ran the VOG for the first time with an RS member and his group, was great.

Going to probably do the nightfall tonight, but gotta run the raid again soon. Didn't get a single weapon or armor drop!
Old 02-26-2015, 04:34 PM   #16
I STILL don't get it

32 Hunter/Warlock/Titan
PS4
PSN: dpoon87
Usually on after 5pm. Helped civic run his first crota raid on normal(shitty rng gave him shards/energy the whole raid lol)
We signed up for a clan vs clan crucible tournament. i believe it starts next week.. we might still have a spot or 2 if anyone is interested.
poonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:24 PM   #17
Meow

28 Titan
PS4
PSN: Ranterok
On pretty much majority of the time (off work on injury, and this is stopping me from going crazy)
Edited: Level 28 now

Last edited by Araaadi; 03-04-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Araaadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:43 PM   #18
"Entertainment" mod.

The re-balancing of weapons has made Pulse Rifles viable in the Crucible. Bad Juju is a monster, and Super Pox VLO is a two-burst kill. In PvE, shotguns will rape, and you can clear the Psion Flayer strike quickly with good shotguns focused on one ultra at a time.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #19
"Entertainment" mod.

Also, the Crucible has opened up Inferno Control, capture times are shortened, and assists are not worth points. The big one is the removal of radar, making the threat of being nailed by a Super less important, and focuses on knowing how to defend control points, like this...I didn't think I'd get away with a triple.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:00 PM   #20
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
31 hunter, 25 titan
ps4
psn: rofwaffle604
usually on weekday evenings/nights
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #21
I don't get it

Does anyone still play this?
The Taken King
I'm only level 30 need people to play with
Its hard finding people to play with except the match making
Old 10-05-2015, 11:03 AM   #22
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I recently bought a PS4 and am currently playing this.

I'm sorta newb. Haven't tried anything aside from story missions, so I don't know what the raids are like, or what strike missions and all that stuff are yet haha.

I think I'm about level 28 or 29 Hunter Nightstalker.

PSN: PuYang_7
Old 10-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #23
"Entertainment" mod.

40 Titan with 294 light over here. Not quite raid ready due to lack of good gear, but am running strikes to get it. PSN Gouf-Troop if you have Three of Coins to burn and want to try getting the special strike gear. I got the Darkblade Helm and it looks cool.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:54 PM   #24
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
hunter lvl 40, light 292/294

add me on xbox one
drewv2
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:43 PM   #25
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
40 Titan with 294 light over here. Not quite raid ready due to lack of good gear, but am running strikes to get it. PSN Gouf-Troop if you have Three of Coins to burn and want to try getting the special strike gear. I got the Darkblade Helm and it looks cool.
I added you a few mins ago.

I'm finally starting to learn more about the game. Been playing the Iron Banner today, and got to rank 3 and got myself my wolf hunter hood ;D

Currently at 271 light Nightstalker.

I'm hoping more RS people are still playing. I'm hoping to EVENTUALLY do raids, and wouldn't mind having non-pubs to play Heroic Strikes with.

PS4: PuYang_7

I'm on almost every night around 9pm. Almost all day on Sundays and Mondays.