REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:53 AM   #1
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,483 Times in 1,683 Posts
City of Richmond signs up for Traffic Management Project

Richmond traffic congestion may decrease thanks to the municipal government signing up for a "traffic management project".

-good city for testing this management centre. All the bad drivers, young ballers, C-lai's (Chinese housewives), etc. should give the staff so much traffic data to work with.

It sounds like data analytics on Richmond traffic.

Richmond signed up for project aimed at easing traffic congestion | News1130

RICHMOND (NEWS1130) – If you commute between cities every day, you’ve probably found yourself caught in your fair share of traffic snarls because of crashes or roadwork.

What if the “right people” could know about a collision when it happened, and then do something to help keep everything going?

Richmond is getting involved with a project that aims to do just that.

The city is set to be the first in Metro Vancouver to be linked up to a regional traffic management centre, put in place by the BC government.

Copper and fibre cables will connect traffic cameras, signals and counters to that centre, so what’s going on on the roads will be known in real time.

If there’s a crash on Highway 99 or a stall on Steveston Highway, the city and province would know about them right when they happened.

They would have data including counts and volume of traffic, surveillance pictures and videos, descriptions of incidents and their locations, the status of traffic signals, and configuration information.

The timing of signals could then be adjusted to help clear congestion.

Real-time information is expected to be online at DriveBC.ca by later this year. Richmond’s cables are expected to be connected by the end of next month.

The City of Richmond says it won’t cost the municipality any extra cash; the province is covering the cost of connecting the cables, hardware, and software.

Costs for staff are expected to be absorbed within regular resources.
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Tbh, Richmond traffic isnt that bad if you know where to go... Dont drive on No. 3 on weekends and weekdays from 2-8, avoid Bridgeport on same times....and you're good. I swear its like no one knows you can take alderbridge to Richmond center and you can take cambie and do a clean sweep to aberdeen and yohan.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2015, 10:32 AM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Sounds pretty cool. Information is king so any bit will help with commuters decisions on which route to take. For me, I'm coming through the tunnel every morning and even if there was an accident it usually would take more time to jump over to the Alex Fraser and double back rather than just wait it out. Richmond is a good test subject because it takes a bridge or tunnel to get to or leave the city.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-17-2015, 11:40 AM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Avoid #3 and you'll be fine
Tr1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2015, 11:42 AM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1ll View Post
Avoid #3 and you'll be fine
aberdeen, yaohan , tnt parking lot as well

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:22 PM   #6
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
or you can do like the rest of us and avoid richmond altogether
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Tbh, Richmond traffic isnt that bad if you know where to go... Dont drive on No. 3 on weekends and weekdays from 2-8, avoid Bridgeport on same times....and you're good. I swear its like no one knows you can take alderbridge to Richmond center and you can take cambie and do a clean sweep to aberdeen and yohan.
They are adding a traffic light on Alderbridge between Garden City and No.4 when Walmart opens. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:03 PM   #8
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
every clai will know one and only one way to get to their destination, so if anything happens n end up blocking that road along the way theyre fucked and will start panicking
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:12 PM   #9
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,179 Posts
Remember when they put a bus lane down the middle of No. 3 Road?

Well even Garden City is getting congested nowadays. Just wait till Walmart opens.

And stay away from Alexandra Road too.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Remember when they put a bus lane down the middle of No. 3 Road?

Well even Garden City is getting congested nowadays. Just wait till Walmart opens.

And stay away from Alexandra Road too.
They took forever building that bus lane and I don't remember it lasting long before they tore it out to build the Canada Line ...
Tr1ll is offline   Reply With Quote