REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Drai's Nightclub Coming To Vancouver (https://www.revscene.net/forums/701692-drais-nightclub-coming-vancouver.html)

murd0c 02-19-2015 03:35 PM

Drai's Nightclub Coming To Vancouver

I've been to Drai's in Vegas and I'm so happy right now we are actually getting a well known bar. This is going to be massive for DT Vancouver party scene and I'm so excited about it!!

Drai's Pool Bar Nightclub Vancouver to open at Trump Vancouver Hotel

Quote:

The developers of Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver announced today that the hotel’s much-anticipated pool bar nightclub and dayclub will be operated and managed by Victor Drai, the operator of the world-class Drai’s Nightclub locations in Las Vegas.

In addition to wading pools, a dance floor and ample lounge and performance space, the Vancouver venue at the Trump Hotel will incorporate an extensive LED lighting system and utilize the latest technologies to create a “sensual, multi-sensory” experience that promises to take Vancouver’s nightlife and entertainment scene to new heights.

The Vancouver location will be Drai’s first location outside Las Vegas where he operates four nightclubs, including Drai’s After Hours, Tryst at Wynn Las Vegas, XS at Encore Las Vegas, and Drai’s Beach Club & Nightclub at The Cromwell Las Vegas.

In addition to the nightclub, Trump Vancouver will also include a Mott 32, a famous Hong Kong restaurant serving Chinese cuisine, and an Equinox fitness gym.

Trump Vancouver on West Georgia Street near Bute Street is designed by the late Arthur Erickson and recently attained the title of being Vancouver’s second tallest building. The “twisting” $360-million landmark project features 147 guest rooms within the lower levels, 217 luxury residences within the upper levels, Trump Spa by Ivanka, and 15,000 square feet of meeting and event space.

The 616-foot tall, 57-storey project is slated for a 2016 completion and opening

jonwon 02-19-2015 03:46 PM

same people, different club

shawnly1000 02-19-2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8598898)
I've been to Drai's in Vegas and I'm so happy right now we are actually getting a well known bar. This is going to be massive for DT Vancouver party scene and I'm so excited about it!!

Drai's Pool Bar Nightclub Vancouver to open at Trump Vancouver Hotel

Don't get your hopes/expectations too high with regards to the vibe, it is still going to be a club in Vancouver (i.e. Vancouver crowd, Vancouver hours, etc)

MDMA 02-19-2015 03:57 PM

I really hope they make minimum age for entry atleast 21 or even 25...

The_AK 02-19-2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDMA (Post 8598911)
I really hope they make minimum age for entry atleast 21 or even 25...

Dress code for pool entry - must be aesthetic

yray 02-19-2015 04:45 PM

inb4 the next asian club

murd0c 02-19-2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnly1000 (Post 8598910)
Don't get your hopes/expectations too high with regards to the vibe, it is still going to be a club in Vancouver (i.e. Vancouver crowd, Vancouver hours, etc)

No question same people but I'm talking about it a lot nicer and more like being inside a club in a big city and not like the shit we have here currently. Hopefully this means more bigger artists come and preform as well unlike up here

Tone Loc 02-19-2015 05:45 PM

Meh.

Drai's is a great club in Vegas.

In Vegas.

This is Vancouver. Vancouver will never be Vegas no matter what venue because - from personal experience - the people make the party scene. As others have said above, it'll still be full of Vancouver people no matter how swanky it is, which will make it a pretty crappy club. Everyone was so hyped about Prive because it was marketed quite well, but it turned out to be the same as everything else, since the crowd and associated stereotypes were the same. Not to hate on my fellow Vancouverites, but our clubs have way too many wannabe gangsters, mean muggers, Surrey jacks, bitchy women, and smartphone dancers to ever give the Vegas experience a run for its money.

EDIT: Not to mention how pretty much every Vancouver club plays either Top 40, shitty EDM, or a combination of both. If someone opened a 90s/00s hip hop club I'd pay ridiculous amounts of cover to be up in thurr errnight

drunkhomer 02-19-2015 05:45 PM

really hoping for a dress code, sick of the wangster attire

7seven 02-19-2015 05:49 PM

As usual those Vancitybuzz idiots leaching news off real news sites, hours later, heres a real article with more info on whats coming for Trump Trump International Hotel & Tower® Vancouver | Holborn and TA Global Bring Internationally Renowned Restaurant, Nightclub and Fitness Club to Trump International Hotel & Tower® Vancouver

Quote:

Holborn and TA Global Bring Internationally Renowned Restaurant, Nightclub and Fitness Club to Trump International Hotel & Tower® Vancouver
Together with world-class brands, Trump Vancouver will redefine entertainment in Canada's most livable city

VANCOUVER, Feb. 19, 2015 /CNW/ - Holborn Group and TA Global Bhd. announced today that they have signed new business partnerships for Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver, securing the management of the development's restaurant and nightclub, as well as access to a fitness club which will be situated adjacent to Trump Vancouver. World class brands Mott 32, Drai's and Equinox will offer residents and guests of the development the opportunity to experience internationally renowned dining, entertainment and fitness.

Mott 32 was created by Malcolm Wood and Xuan Mu, owners of Maximal Concepts – the most awarded restaurant group in Asia. Mott 32 will bring its distinguished modern Chinese cuisine to Vancouver – a first in North America - with an emphasis on farm-to-table cooking. The restaurant is the winner of countless category awards in Asia including the much-fabled Hong Kong Tatler's "Best New Restaurant" 2014/15 and the 2014 INSIDE World Festival of Interiors, "World Interior of the Year." Embracing flavours and the finest ingredients from Asia and the world, Mott 32's cuisine is principally Cantonese with signature Sichuan and Beijing dishes including Peking duck. Named after 32 Mott Street, New York City's first Chinese convenience store which opened in 1891, Mott 32 will bring a vibrant and creative dining experience to Vancouver.

With Drai's Beach Club & Nightclub and Drai's Afterhours in Las Vegas, Drai's will re-invigorate the nightlife scene in Vancouver as managers of Trump Vancouver's dayclub-nightclub. Under the guidance of renowned entrepreneur Victor Drai, the nightclub's meticulous attention to detail, impressive LED lighting systems, and modern technology will fuse to create a sensual, multi-sensory expe$rience unlike any other in Vancouver.

Equinox, the high performance fitness and lifestyle leader, will open adjacent to Trump Vancouver. Equinox will provide its best-in-class programming and service offerings. Inside the facility, its internationally acclaimed instructors will lead a full range of yoga, cycling, Pilates, boxing and innovative signature programming such as Barre Burn, MetCon3, Shockwave, Elimin8tor, and Precision Running. Equinox's fitness floor will offer cardio, strength and stretch areas creating an inspirational setting where members can workout on their own, or with one of Equinox's highly skilled personal trainers.

"As a local developer, we are thrilled to bring these renowned brands to Vancouver for the first time," said Joo Kim Tiah, CEO and President of Holborn Group, the developer of Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver. "Mott 32, Drai's and Equinox share our vision to provide those living in this world-class city with the highest level of service."

"Offering residents and guests access to first-class dining and entertainment puts Trump Vancouver at the forefront of luxury in Vancouver," added Donald Trump Jr., Executive Vice President, The Trump Organization. "Alongside Trump Spa by Ivanka, London Air Services and Rolls-Royce, we are proud to add Mott 32 and Drai's to our roster of unparalleled amenities."

In addition to Mott 32 and Drai's, with full access to Equinox, the premium $360-million Arthur Erickson-designed world-class hotel and residence will feature 147 guest rooms, Trump Spa by Ivanka and 15,000 square feet of meeting and event space. Above the hotel will be 217 luxury residences, offering residents spectacular views of the North Shore and beyond.

Sales for the residential suites are over 70% sold, with project completion expected in summer 2016.

For more information about the Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver, please visit Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver.

VR6GTI 02-19-2015 06:09 PM

Whats a smart phone dancer?

Tone Loc 02-19-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6GTI (Post 8598999)
Whats a smart phone dancer?

You know, those groups of girls on the dance floor who stand in a circle and spend the entire night texting on their phones and sending Instagrams/Snapchats along the lines of "liekkk omg i'm at da club wit ma bitches! xoxo" instead of actually interacting with - gasp - real life people.

I hate my generation.

Harvey Specter 02-19-2015 07:01 PM

New club but it'll be littered with the same 50k millionaires and gold diggers that already litter the Vancouver club scene.

rriggi 02-19-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Sales for the residential suites are over 70% sold
LOL sell more than half the units, then announce a nightclub will be going in.

Knowing the Vancouver club scene this would send me running...

BBMme 02-19-2015 07:16 PM

goodluck to them, they will need it

tiger_handheld 02-19-2015 07:18 PM

http://extremecouponingmom.ca/wp-con...get-canada.jpg

Ludepower 02-19-2015 07:27 PM

Everyone knows the club scene here sucks. Vancouver is a small city compared to other major metropolis. You'll see the same people every time.

All the downtown clubs only do well Friday and Saturday...the rest of the days are write-offs.

meme405 02-19-2015 07:33 PM

New rule for RS: Before you post a new thread, find a proper article that isn't VancityBuzz.

Also we knew that it was going to be a pool bar like 2 years ago, who gives a fuck what the name above the door is, it's not like the name above the door is going to make any difference, it's going to be the same losers that fill the fucking place every night as every other club in Vancouver. It's not like they are going to hire anyone besides the same shitty promoters, and managers that plague the rest of Vancouver's mediocre night scene.

Obsideon 02-19-2015 07:50 PM

Not to mention they will be hampered by all the red tape associated with opening anything remotely entertaining in Van.
Clubs in Vegas are bumping till sunrise.
Here? Out by 2, then filter onto Granville street with other drunk asses and randomly punch people.

buhdeh 02-19-2015 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meme405 (Post 8599043)
New rule for RS: Before you post a new thread, find a proper article that isn't VancityBuzz.

Also we knew that it was going to be a pool bar like 2 years ago, who gives a fuck what the name above the door is, it's not like the name above the door is going to make any difference, it's going to be the same losers that fill the fucking place every night as every other club in Vancouver. It's not like they are going to hire anyone besides the same shitty promoters, and managers that plague the rest of Vancouver's mediocre night scene.

RS should really ban vancitybuzz shite like r/vancouver is trying to do.

Chronix 02-19-2015 08:42 PM

It's going to be filled with fobs for sure.

SkinnyPupp 02-19-2015 09:17 PM

Starting with the next post, anyone who posts a link to vancitybuzz gets an automatic fail from me. I encourage everyone else to join in :thumbs:

If you want to share something from that site, find the original article they ripped off. It won't be that hard.

Together, we can end this. #buzzkill

Harvey Specter 02-19-2015 09:24 PM

I bet majority of these 70% units that sold were purchased from overseas buyers and the units will remain empty. Gotta love Vancouver real estate.

BIC_BAWS 09-05-2018 12:48 PM

Drai's Vancouver nightclub has officially shut down | Daily Hive Vancouver

Just shut down LOL. I got insider info on this last night, thought there would be more time.

Rumors say Solid is moving in for the takeover.

Gerbs 09-05-2018 01:14 PM

^
How was the vibe there haha