REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:35 PM   #1
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Drai's Nightclub Coming To Vancouver

I've been to Drai's in Vegas and I'm so happy right now we are actually getting a well known bar. This is going to be massive for DT Vancouver party scene and I'm so excited about it!!

Drai's Pool Bar Nightclub Vancouver to open at Trump Vancouver Hotel

Quote:
The developers of Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver announced today that the hotel’s much-anticipated pool bar nightclub and dayclub will be operated and managed by Victor Drai, the operator of the world-class Drai’s Nightclub locations in Las Vegas.

In addition to wading pools, a dance floor and ample lounge and performance space, the Vancouver venue at the Trump Hotel will incorporate an extensive LED lighting system and utilize the latest technologies to create a “sensual, multi-sensory” experience that promises to take Vancouver’s nightlife and entertainment scene to new heights.

The Vancouver location will be Drai’s first location outside Las Vegas where he operates four nightclubs, including Drai’s After Hours, Tryst at Wynn Las Vegas, XS at Encore Las Vegas, and Drai’s Beach Club & Nightclub at The Cromwell Las Vegas.

In addition to the nightclub, Trump Vancouver will also include a Mott 32, a famous Hong Kong restaurant serving Chinese cuisine, and an Equinox fitness gym.

Trump Vancouver on West Georgia Street near Bute Street is designed by the late Arthur Erickson and recently attained the title of being Vancouver’s second tallest building. The “twisting” $360-million landmark project features 147 guest rooms within the lower levels, 217 luxury residences within the upper levels, Trump Spa by Ivanka, and 15,000 square feet of meeting and event space.

The 616-foot tall, 57-storey project is slated for a 2016 completion and opening
Advertisement
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #2
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
same people, different club
Old 02-19-2015, 03:56 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I've been to Drai's in Vegas and I'm so happy right now we are actually getting a well known bar. This is going to be massive for DT Vancouver party scene and I'm so excited about it!!

Drai's Pool Bar Nightclub Vancouver to open at Trump Vancouver Hotel
Don't get your hopes/expectations too high with regards to the vibe, it is still going to be a club in Vancouver (i.e. Vancouver crowd, Vancouver hours, etc)
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 03:57 PM   #4
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I really hope they make minimum age for entry atleast 21 or even 25...
MDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:22 PM   #5
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMA View Post
I really hope they make minimum age for entry atleast 21 or even 25...
Dress code for pool entry - must be aesthetic

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:45 PM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,067 Times in 1,252 Posts
inb4 the next asian club

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:20 PM   #7
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
Don't get your hopes/expectations too high with regards to the vibe, it is still going to be a club in Vancouver (i.e. Vancouver crowd, Vancouver hours, etc)
No question same people but I'm talking about it a lot nicer and more like being inside a club in a big city and not like the shit we have here currently. Hopefully this means more bigger artists come and preform as well unlike up here
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:45 PM   #8
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Meh.

Drai's is a great club in Vegas.

In Vegas.

This is Vancouver. Vancouver will never be Vegas no matter what venue because - from personal experience - the people make the party scene. As others have said above, it'll still be full of Vancouver people no matter how swanky it is, which will make it a pretty crappy club. Everyone was so hyped about Prive because it was marketed quite well, but it turned out to be the same as everything else, since the crowd and associated stereotypes were the same. Not to hate on my fellow Vancouverites, but our clubs have way too many wannabe gangsters, mean muggers, Surrey jacks, bitchy women, and smartphone dancers to ever give the Vegas experience a run for its money.

EDIT: Not to mention how pretty much every Vancouver club plays either Top 40, shitty EDM, or a combination of both. If someone opened a 90s/00s hip hop club I'd pay ridiculous amounts of cover to be up in thurr errnight

Last edited by Tone Loc; 02-19-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:45 PM   #9
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

really hoping for a dress code, sick of the wangster attire
drunkhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #10
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
As usual those Vancitybuzz idiots leaching news off real news sites, hours later, heres a real article with more info on whats coming for Trump Trump International Hotel & Tower® Vancouver | Holborn and TA Global Bring Internationally Renowned Restaurant, Nightclub and Fitness Club to Trump International Hotel & Tower® Vancouver

Quote:
Holborn and TA Global Bring Internationally Renowned Restaurant, Nightclub and Fitness Club to Trump International Hotel & Tower® Vancouver
Together with world-class brands, Trump Vancouver will redefine entertainment in Canada's most livable city

VANCOUVER, Feb. 19, 2015 /CNW/ - Holborn Group and TA Global Bhd. announced today that they have signed new business partnerships for Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver, securing the management of the development's restaurant and nightclub, as well as access to a fitness club which will be situated adjacent to Trump Vancouver. World class brands Mott 32, Drai's and Equinox will offer residents and guests of the development the opportunity to experience internationally renowned dining, entertainment and fitness.

Mott 32 was created by Malcolm Wood and Xuan Mu, owners of Maximal Concepts – the most awarded restaurant group in Asia. Mott 32 will bring its distinguished modern Chinese cuisine to Vancouver – a first in North America - with an emphasis on farm-to-table cooking. The restaurant is the winner of countless category awards in Asia including the much-fabled Hong Kong Tatler's "Best New Restaurant" 2014/15 and the 2014 INSIDE World Festival of Interiors, "World Interior of the Year." Embracing flavours and the finest ingredients from Asia and the world, Mott 32's cuisine is principally Cantonese with signature Sichuan and Beijing dishes including Peking duck. Named after 32 Mott Street, New York City's first Chinese convenience store which opened in 1891, Mott 32 will bring a vibrant and creative dining experience to Vancouver.

With Drai's Beach Club & Nightclub and Drai's Afterhours in Las Vegas, Drai's will re-invigorate the nightlife scene in Vancouver as managers of Trump Vancouver's dayclub-nightclub. Under the guidance of renowned entrepreneur Victor Drai, the nightclub's meticulous attention to detail, impressive LED lighting systems, and modern technology will fuse to create a sensual, multi-sensory expe$rience unlike any other in Vancouver.

Equinox, the high performance fitness and lifestyle leader, will open adjacent to Trump Vancouver. Equinox will provide its best-in-class programming and service offerings. Inside the facility, its internationally acclaimed instructors will lead a full range of yoga, cycling, Pilates, boxing and innovative signature programming such as Barre Burn, MetCon3, Shockwave, Elimin8tor, and Precision Running. Equinox's fitness floor will offer cardio, strength and stretch areas creating an inspirational setting where members can workout on their own, or with one of Equinox's highly skilled personal trainers.

"As a local developer, we are thrilled to bring these renowned brands to Vancouver for the first time," said Joo Kim Tiah, CEO and President of Holborn Group, the developer of Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver. "Mott 32, Drai's and Equinox share our vision to provide those living in this world-class city with the highest level of service."

"Offering residents and guests access to first-class dining and entertainment puts Trump Vancouver at the forefront of luxury in Vancouver," added Donald Trump Jr., Executive Vice President, The Trump Organization. "Alongside Trump Spa by Ivanka, London Air Services and Rolls-Royce, we are proud to add Mott 32 and Drai's to our roster of unparalleled amenities."

In addition to Mott 32 and Drai's, with full access to Equinox, the premium $360-million Arthur Erickson-designed world-class hotel and residence will feature 147 guest rooms, Trump Spa by Ivanka and 15,000 square feet of meeting and event space. Above the hotel will be 217 luxury residences, offering residents spectacular views of the North Shore and beyond.

Sales for the residential suites are over 70% sold, with project completion expected in summer 2016.

For more information about the Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver, please visit Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 06:09 PM   #11
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Whats a smart phone dancer?
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:14 PM   #12
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
Whats a smart phone dancer?
You know, those groups of girls on the dance floor who stand in a circle and spend the entire night texting on their phones and sending Instagrams/Snapchats along the lines of "liekkk omg i'm at da club wit ma bitches! xoxo" instead of actually interacting with - gasp - real life people.

I hate my generation.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 07:01 PM   #13
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
New club but it'll be littered with the same 50k millionaires and gold diggers that already litter the Vancouver club scene.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 07:08 PM   #14
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Sales for the residential suites are over 70% sold
LOL sell more than half the units, then announce a nightclub will be going in.

Knowing the Vancouver club scene this would send me running...

Its probably my fault.
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 07:16 PM   #15
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

goodluck to them, they will need it
Old 02-19-2015, 07:18 PM   #16
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 07:27 PM   #17
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Everyone knows the club scene here sucks. Vancouver is a small city compared to other major metropolis. You'll see the same people every time.

All the downtown clubs only do well Friday and Saturday...the rest of the days are write-offs.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:33 PM   #18
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
New rule for RS: Before you post a new thread, find a proper article that isn't VancityBuzz.

Also we knew that it was going to be a pool bar like 2 years ago, who gives a fuck what the name above the door is, it's not like the name above the door is going to make any difference, it's going to be the same losers that fill the fucking place every night as every other club in Vancouver. It's not like they are going to hire anyone besides the same shitty promoters, and managers that plague the rest of Vancouver's mediocre night scene.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 07:50 PM   #19
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Not to mention they will be hampered by all the red tape associated with opening anything remotely entertaining in Van.
Clubs in Vegas are bumping till sunrise.
Here? Out by 2, then filter onto Granville street with other drunk asses and randomly punch people.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2015, 07:52 PM   #20
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
New rule for RS: Before you post a new thread, find a proper article that isn't VancityBuzz.

Also we knew that it was going to be a pool bar like 2 years ago, who gives a fuck what the name above the door is, it's not like the name above the door is going to make any difference, it's going to be the same losers that fill the fucking place every night as every other club in Vancouver. It's not like they are going to hire anyone besides the same shitty promoters, and managers that plague the rest of Vancouver's mediocre night scene.
RS should really ban vancitybuzz shite like r/vancouver is trying to do.
buhdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:42 PM   #21
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
It's going to be filled with fobs for sure.
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:17 PM   #22
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Starting with the next post, anyone who posts a link to vancitybuzz gets an automatic fail from me. I encourage everyone else to join in

If you want to share something from that site, find the original article they ripped off. It won't be that hard.

Together, we can end this. #buzzkill
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #23
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I bet majority of these 70% units that sold were purchased from overseas buyers and the units will remain empty. Gotta love Vancouver real estate.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #24
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,519 Posts
Drai's Vancouver nightclub has officially shut down | Daily Hive Vancouver

Just shut down LOL. I got insider info on this last night, thought there would be more time.

Rumors say Solid is moving in for the takeover.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:14 PM   #25
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
^
How was the vibe there haha

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote