REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:27 PM   #51
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Wouldnt think Manny going to be able to get floyd against the ropes though
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2015, 06:43 PM   #52
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Wouldnt think Manny going to be able to get floyd against the ropes though
Absolutely not! Manny would be too small to muscle Floyd against the ropes a la Cotto and De La Hoya. Perhaps Manny could use his savvy footwork to get Floyd to the ropes, but even if he could, I don't think he would be able to keep him there.

Still, I'm hoping Manny could do something to push Floyd with unrelenting aggressiveness (smart aggressiveness, mind you) and win. But, as Julio Cesar Chavez and de la Hoya said, my brain goes with Mayweather, but my heart goes with Pacquiao.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2015, 08:01 PM   #53
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

hopefully roach can figure out the perfect game plan for manny and he can execute. flloyd has been on record saying he doesnt study his opponents leading up to the fight, with pacquiao i call bullshit lol. personally i think the pressures on mayweather, especially how he always saying how great he is cuz hes undefeated
taeyoung92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:21 PM   #54
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Where is everyone going to watch the fight?
at a bar in china, gonna be drinking & watching the big fight..........as well as making random side bets with random ppl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:32 PM   #55
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

I don't think there's a chance Manny is going to win a decision unless it's lopsided. Floyd has that aura about him that if it's a close fight, IMO the judges will side with him.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:49 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by nah View Post
I don't think there's a chance Manny is going to win a decision unless it's lopsided. Floyd has that aura about him that if it's a close fight, IMO the judges will side with him.
Thats what I thought aswell, but the great Evander Holyfield thinks otherwise

Holyfield thinks Pacquiao will defeat Mayweather. | SportsonEarth.com : Terence Moore Article

for those of you who are too lazy to read the article, hes pretty much saying if the fight is close pacquiao will win in decison and that boxing doesnt want anybody coming out of the sport undefeated. Thoughts on conspiracy in boxing? the mafia? with all the money being generated in boxing especially with this bout i wouldnt be surprised if theirs some shady business going on
Old 04-28-2015, 11:31 PM   #57
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
So I'm going to bet on bet365. Since the fight cant be parlayed. How should I maximize my profit? It's pretty obvious that Floyd will win this. But betting straight on a low budget isnt worth it imo.

Maybe bet one a knockdown from Floyd? +400 for that one.
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:56 AM   #58

I was tempted to take the draw at +1200 but ended up just going Floyd straight up, $225 wins $100 lol
Old 04-29-2015, 05:54 AM   #59
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
sooo I expect Churchs chicken is expecting record sales on the day of the fight LOL
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:02 PM   #60
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
May is going to be a great month for the sport of boxing

Mayweather vs Pacquiao May 2nd
Alvarez vs Kirkland May 9th (HBO)
GGG vs Monroe Jr. May 16th (HBO)
Dirrell vs DeGale May 23rd (NBC)
Khan vs Algieri May 29th (Spike TV)

"Boxing is, like, totally dead!"
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2015, 03:02 PM   #61
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
Monroe is going to destroy GGG
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:07 PM   #62
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Monroe is going to destroy GGG
bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh

GGG is currently an 80 to 1 favourite according to Bet365, tempted to put some $$$ on Monroe
Old 04-29-2015, 03:15 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
May is going to be a great month for the sport of boxing

Mayweather vs Pacquiao May 2nd
Alvarez vs Kirkland May 9th (HBO)
GGG vs Monroe Jr. May 16th (HBO)
Dirrell vs DeGale May 23rd (NBC)
Khan vs Algieri May 29th (Spike TV)

"Boxing is, like, totally dead!"
GGG is a monster. Absolute beast.

I want to see Khan fight Thurman.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2015, 03:15 PM   #64
In RS I Trust

no point of dropping any money cause we both know GGG is going to just destroy him.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #65
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Also kind of lol @ Mohammed Ali "tweeting mayweather to remind him who's the greatest" yea..ok.. Maybe if you still had the capability to speak letters anymore let alone type them.
Ali is the greatest boxer of all time. PERIOD. This isn't like F1 where you can debate between Senna, Schumacher, Fangio and Prost.

Ali literally is the GOAT.

Also making fun of him for his disease is beyond fucking ignorant, and completely crosses a line.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2015, 03:34 PM   #66

Video of Floyd talking about being better than Ali.

IMO, I have no problem with an athlete making those comparisons. A fighter has got to have that mentality if he wants to be the greatest.

Can't blame Floyd for thinking that way, but you can't blame me for thinking he's absolutely out of his mind for thinking his legacy will surpass Ali's

Mayweather will definitely go down as ONE OF the best in history, no doubt. But the GOAT? Don't think so.

ps. didn't even know Hondaracer said that until I looked back

Last edited by neggo; 04-29-2015 at 03:45 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2015, 03:36 PM   #67
In RS I Trust

When he wins on sat yes he will become the GOAT just like Tom Brady is with winning the last Super Bowl.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:36 PM   #68
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Ali is the greatest boxer of all time. PERIOD. This isn't like F1 where you can debate between Senna, Schumacher, Fangio and Prost.

Ali literally is the GOAT.

Also making fun of him for his disease is beyond fucking ignorant, and completely crosses a line.
What Ali accomplished as a boxer inside and outside of the ring made him a cultural icon, similar to what Pacquiao is to our generation. In terms of accomplishments inside of the ring, I think Sugar Ray Robinson is considered the GOAT.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2015, 03:56 PM   #69
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
sooo I expect Churchs chicken is expecting record sales on the day of the fight LOL
That's racist 🎉🎊💥✨🎉🎊💥✨🎉🎊💥✨
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:23 PM   #70

IMO I believe Ali is the greatest of all time, and probably the greatest athlete of all time only second to Jordan. Many factors will play into a discussion like this. Like comparing records, opponents, adversity etc. I agree with the comment above about how Ali was a cultural icon for what he did inside and outside the ring. The classic bouts he had with guys like Frazier and Foreman were incredible to watch. You cant knock mayweather for saying hes the best ever thats just his competitive spirit as a professional athlete. IF mayweather does beat pacquiao though hes going to be silencing a lot of critics about how he ISNT the best because all they had was that he didnt fight pacquiao. And my last point is that it comes down to the era these boxers have fought in. I mean nobody can say tyson fought harder guys than Ali, same can be said about Roy Jones and how he had no competition either besides James Toney, where as Ali was really going up against top level fighters that were all a huge threat to him,which you cant blame the fighters for. Theirs something about the heavyweight fighters that just have an awesome excitement about them. Its sad that in our era today heavyweight boxing is pretty much dead. I mean how many people watched klitschko vs jennings? lol

I think for future fights, the fights I think will bring lots of excitement are GGG vs Cotto/Canelo or Cotto vs Canelo. GGG just been knocking everyone left right and centre
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2015, 04:31 PM   #71

GGG knockout percentage is 90%
Old 04-29-2015, 04:35 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
for me it's kind of like, when is enough enough with him? Yea sure it's a little shameless plug to get people thinking about him again but Ali now is a ghost of his former self. Who tweeted it? his family to generate some interest? the guy is getting trotted out there still for publicity events and he doesn't even know where he is. Also the G.O.A.T stuck around way too long taking fights for money when he was getting his brain bashed around in his skull, obviously what we know now about brain injuries is night and day but everyone knew in the end he was doing it to himself.

The cultural stuff and being an icon for the time is undeniable.

I may sound like an asshole but to me it's border line irritating when these former greats are brought up when everyone knows they are beyond grave health and they are propped up on their legend by others. Another example of this is Gordie Howe. His own son who is a doctor came on a few different radio interviews and essentially said "we're just keeping Gordie comfortable,he's essentially in a vegetative state after his second stroke, we're just making the best of it" Following this, every update you hear is "oh ya good old gordie fighting the good fight" or "Gordie's taking it on like he would on the ice"

Just let people remember them how they will
Old 04-29-2015, 04:47 PM   #73

Ya i know what you mean, but its only normal for people and sports analyst to always compare eras. Everytime a guy like a mayweather or a pacquiao is fighting i always try to watch and get others to watch too because it sucked how someone like me didnt really get to watch Ali during his time, and i also only got to see bit of tyson. We should definitely embrace the fighters of today and enjoy it while is lasts because their will never be another mayweather or pacquiao, just like how their will never be another tyson ali etc
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #74
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
I'll be watching at the Hard Rock in Coquitlam so I can at least gamble too.

As for this fight, while I understand that Mayweather is technically solid, it's high time that he loses one, and it could be against Pacman. I forsee a split decision.
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:18 PM   #75
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by taeyoung92 View Post
IMO I believe Ali is the greatest of all time, and probably the greatest athlete of all time only second to Jordan. Many factors will play into a discussion like this. Like comparing records, opponents, adversity etc. I agree with the comment above about how Ali was a cultural icon for what he did inside and outside the ring. The classic bouts he had with guys like Frazier and Foreman were incredible to watch. You cant knock mayweather for saying hes the best ever thats just his competitive spirit as a professional athlete. IF mayweather does beat pacquiao though hes going to be silencing a lot of critics about how he ISNT the best because all they had was that he didnt fight pacquiao. And my last point is that it comes down to the era these boxers have fought in. I mean nobody can say tyson fought harder guys than Ali, same can be said about Roy Jones and how he had no competition either besides James Toney, where as Ali was really going up against top level fighters that were all a huge threat to him,which you cant blame the fighters for. Theirs something about the heavyweight fighters that just have an awesome excitement about them. Its sad that in our era today heavyweight boxing is pretty much dead. I mean how many people watched klitschko vs jennings? lol

I think for future fights, the fights I think will bring lots of excitement are GGG vs Cotto/Canelo or Cotto vs Canelo. GGG just been knocking everyone left right and centre
100% agreed; who we view as the GOAT is purely subjective.
Btw, Klitschko vs Jennings pulled some pretty astounding numbers on HBO while almost selling out MSG

Link:
Klitschko vs Jennings peaks at over 1.7 million viewers on HBO - Bad Left Hook