REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:00 PM   #251
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
Weird I dropped a whole $50 on Money on Bodog and it still hasn't paid out yet. I should of bet way more but I have had some cash sitting on that site for a couple years now gathering dust
Advertisement
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:01 PM   #252
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 2,331 Times in 213 Posts
That's why I said from manny's POV
From the spectator including my self floyd clearly won.

Pac tried to load off on when floyd was on the ropes but floyds hugs him right after
jackp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:03 PM   #253

Maidana (1) did better
Old 05-02-2015, 10:07 PM   #254
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
floyd didn't do anything, and whenever manny tried, floyd would just hug him

zzzz

had 150 sitting on sportsinteraction and i put it on Manny
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:10 PM   #255
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

what pacquaio is doing right now:

iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:10 PM   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackp0t View Post
Mike hates floyd lol

"greatness is not guarding yourself from the people, greatness is being accepted by the people" ~ Tyson <<a quote that's flying around all over the web
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2015, 10:23 PM   #257

additional to that video
The promoter on the weigh in asked mike to sit down closer to the stage and tyson;s respons was " I try to stay as far away from dirt as possible" lol

It was something to do with a rape allegation
Floyd Mayweather-Mike Tyson feud dates back to police raid | Boxingjunkie
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2015, 10:30 PM   #258

so many funny MEME's on twitter
https://twitter.com/hashtag/maypac
Old 05-02-2015, 10:30 PM   #259
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
You can clearly tell who the boxing bandwagon fans are when they don't even know who Max Kellerman is

I was really disappointed that Manny came out and said he won. He won at most 4 rounds, but I had it 9-3 for Mayweather. Coming out and saying you thought you won is just an excuse to try and deflect the fact that he used nothing that made him successful. He didn't use enough combos, didn't throw enough volume, didn't use his footwork and angles to attack. Coming in straight against a guy of Floyd's caliber is absolutely stupid. It hasn't worked for the previous 47 fighters and it won't work for you.

I love Floyd because he's such an amazing ring general. He fights where he wants to fight and will lead you wherever he wants to go. His defense is flawless as exhibited during those flurries when Manny had him up against the rope. All he got out of it was a bunch of NOPE'ing from Floyd.

I also love Manny because there's nothing bad you can really say about the guy. However, I was kind of happy and sad that Kellerman called him out on the "I think I won" comment. There's no way in hell he won that fight, but seeing him standing there in silence trying to grasp at words to say was definitely heartbreaking.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:37 PM   #260
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Late to the party but lmao at some of you complaining about A FREE AND ILLEGAL STREAM. If you weren't willing to pay for the fight, shut the fuck up and deal with the consequences of penny pinching.

As for the fight: It went exactly how I envisioned. Mayweather is truly an outstanding technician in the ring. He did a great job in controlling the distance and the pace of the fight. As a Pacquiao fan, I had a hard time giving him anything more than 3 rounds in this fight.
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-02-2015, 10:43 PM   #261
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
You can clearly tell who the boxing bandwagon fans are when they don't even know who Max Kellerman is

I was really disappointed that Manny came out and said he won. He won at most 4 rounds, but I had it 9-3 for Mayweather. Coming out and saying you thought you won is just an excuse to try and deflect the fact that he used nothing that made him successful. He didn't use enough combos, didn't throw enough volume, didn't use his footwork and angles to attack. Coming in straight against a guy of Floyd's caliber is absolutely stupid. It hasn't worked for the previous 47 fighters and it won't work for you.

I love Floyd because he's such an amazing ring general. He fights where he wants to fight and will lead you wherever he wants to go. His defense is flawless as exhibited during those flurries when Manny had him up against the rope. All he got out of it was a bunch of NOPE'ing from Floyd.

I also love Manny because there's nothing bad you can really say about the guy. However, I was kind of happy and sad that Kellerman called him out on the "I think I won" comment. There's no way in hell he won that fight, but seeing him standing there in silence trying to grasp at words to say was definitely heartbreaking.
Well said. Some of these posts from bandwagon fans were more cringe worthy than Pacman's post-fight interview
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:56 PM   #262
I am Hook'd on RS

Man i think floyd just inspired me. Even thou the entire place was booing floyd he still shined and outclass pac so bad. Inspired me in some ways
Zeph331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:03 PM   #263
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
Rather than making a long rant about how dumb it is for superfans to call out bandwagon's in a sport where superstars are so scarce, I'm just gonna say nothing
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:11 PM   #264
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
How about so many private planes showed up at Mccaren airport in vegas that they shut it down it was so crazy. I heard Trumps plane came in and they were freaking out because they didn't have a place to put it hahaha
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:41 PM   #265
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Not much of a surprise from a fight perspective but disappointing from a 'fight of the century' view.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:53 PM   #266

Quote:
yeah all they had to do was look on wikipedia

Quote:
Max Kellerman (born August 6, 1973) is an American boxing commentator and sports talk radio host based in Los Angeles. He appears as a color commentator on HBO World Championship Boxing and HBO Boxing After Dark and as of January 3, 2011, is co-hosting an afternoon drive-time sports talk show with Marcellus Wiley on ESPNLA 710am radio at LA Live in Downtown Los Angeles. On June 24, 2013, it was announced that he and Wiley would co-host the sports talk show SportsNation on ESPN. He is also a douche bag who does t know how to interview boxers properly.
Max Kellerman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 05-03-2015, 12:05 AM   #267
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:

I find no disappointment at all in Manny thinking he won the fight. A fighter's POV is VERY different from what spectators see. Usually, when fighters say they think they won even if they clearly lost, I don't blame them. Manny may have just simply felt that he landed more of the significant punches.

Do I agree? Nope. Floyd clearly won that fight. As I said before, Floyd is the absolute best. No one will beat him. Am I disappointed in Manny for thinking he won? Nope. It was just his opinion, and, really, he was classy about the way he said it.

All in all, I was happy Floyd won but also sad Manny lost. I don't care what anyone says, but I was entertained the entire fight.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2015, 12:19 AM   #268
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:23 AM   #269
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
LOL.

Comments are so dumb from people that don't watch Boxing.

People got hyped into this fight, when in reality anyone who knows how Mayweather fights knows he's not a flashy guy in the ring, but don't get it twisted, hes a fucking genius in the ring.

I said it earlier Pac's only shot to win was KO, the decision cards were 100% always going to go to Floyds corner.

I love how before the fight 67% of idiots said Pac would win, when the odd books had pac underdogged horribly. Indefinite proof of how people let emotion and their view of someone cloud their judgement.

Either way I made about 450 bucks on 600 bucks worth of bets. Not a great ROI, but not bad either.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2015, 12:48 AM   #270
God of Unce

One Tweet Exposes the Huge Problem With Mayweather Everyone Needs to Know About - Mic
Old 05-03-2015, 01:40 AM   #271
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
Sorry Manny, Floyd's defense> over Pac's offense.

As much as I wanted Pacquiao to win, there's no question that Floyd's style and execution worked to perfection. I don't blame him for not being as aggressive as usual because Floyd's counterpunching ability had to be respected and that aggression is what got him KTFO by Marquez just two fights ago. I also think that Floyd tightened up his defense more than usual, out of respect for Manny's style and power.

Floyd's style, as great as it is, is extremely boring to watch if you want to see an action fight - as defense usually is.

Fight of the century? Not even close.

If you want to watch two warriors beat the living shit out of each other and show a supreme display of heart, tenacity and mutual respect, go watch the Gatti vs. Ward trilogy of fights.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:28 AM   #272
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
lol ya tried going on bodog to bet before fight and it kept saying my password was incorrect or some shit. Then when I finally got on it kept crashing and freezing . dam could of made some $$$
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-03-2015, 04:01 AM   #273
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Definitely was expecting more from the fight. Mayweather was the clear winner just picked his shots and many of you saying he ran the whole fight, its called strategy whether you like it or not, and its that strategy and defence thats made him unbeatable. Pacquiao I felt could of done more, but IMO i think the knockout he suffered from Marquez did play a roll in how aggressive he was going to be. As far as Manny saying he won, I don't think he was being a poor sport, in his POV maybe he did think he won. He did have some good moments in the fight when he had Mayweather against the ropes, and how he saw how the fight went was clearly different than what we saw, we can never question his reason because we wernt in the ring fighting. I do think Pacquiao could of maybe had a better game plan, but we'll have to hear what their plan was to begin withI do think after he watches the fight he'll realize why he lost. Max Kellerman is a boxing expert for those of you dont know, and maybe he could of been a little more sensitive. He doesnt have a bad history of doing that, but guys like Larry Merchant and Jim Gray are fucking assholes and I think they both need to be fired. If you follow boxing, youll see how those 2 always look like they try making the fighters feel like shit. Guys like Joe Rogan in the UFC show the up most respect to fighters whether they win or lose because he understands they literally put their lives on the line every fight. For now, Mayweather is the greatest boxer of our time, and hes made it difficult for anyone to argue against that. his style might not be the most entertaining, you may not like his personality outside the wring, but you cannot deny greatness. In conclusion, with all the hype behind this fight and how the people including myself have been waiting years for this, i had hoped for more. For those of you who maybe train, or are huge fans of boxing know, that boxing is a sweet science, and is very similar to chess. You have to pick your spots, hit without getting hit, and defend yourself at all times. The two fighters have to be able to figure the opponent out and have 12 rounds to do it, so you cant really hate on the fighters for not putting out an all out brawl, when theirs enormous pressure on both sides to win. I enjoy watching both MMA and Boxing, to enjoy boxing though you have to appreciate the little things, as you do with mma, like a clean body shot, or a nice overhand counter. You cant expect just an all out war and brawl all the time, when the fighters have trained months to get a win. Time will only tell where Mayweather and Pacquiao stand in boxing history. sorry for the long response, just a passionate boxing fan
taeyoung92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2015, 06:45 AM   #274
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
I thought that fight was brilliant. My feed and whatsapp group blew up, complaining about how shitty the fight was. But, that's what you get about people that probably know nothing about combat sports.

Mayweather's defence and footwork was amazing. His distancing and body position made it impossible for Pac to get off his patented flurries with actual effect.

Great fight!!
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2015, 06:57 AM   #275
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I agree about it was hard seeing Manny sad, I wanted to jump through the TV and give him a big hug lol

He got a lot of those from Mayweather during the fight,