REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:57 PM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
It's part of the collective bargaining agreement. It's a union thing nothing more nothing less, for the record I agree with you but good luck changing it. It's the same for pretty much every Union position.
union contract allows you to have a paid vacation when you cause shit like this? what kind of bullshit is this?
BC also made a huge mistake for renewing the contract with RCMP for another 2 decades. Because BC government knew nobody liked RCMP, they were talking about building BC Provincial Police Force but that apparently never happened.
Check out this video for example:

Believe or not, this cop got 5 day suspension without pay and he had to go through 40 hour training as well as entire police department.
When that fatal incident happened, the entire RCMP force should have taken retraining on how to use, or not to use taser.

More info: Dustin Hill SuspendedMost Watched Today | The Best Online Videos - Most Watched Today
Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:17 PM   #27
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
union contract allows you to have a paid vacation when you cause shit like this? what kind of bullshit is this?
BC also made a huge mistake for renewing the contract with RCMP for another 2 decades. Because BC government knew nobody liked RCMP, they were talking about building BC Provincial Police Force but that apparently never happened.
Do you have links to articles that reinforce this? I am surprised that the ideas were tabled for a BC provincial police force similar to the OPP in Ontario, which IMO is a good idea but hard to impose as there are plenty of areas that have little to no population.

Not trying to erode your point, but it's pretty common knowledge through public opinion polls and the like that the RCMP is an organization in crisis, a lot of people don't trust them because of the known few who behave like an "ol' boys club" rather than a police force.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:24 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
Do you have links to articles that reinforce this? I am surprised that the ideas were tabled for a BC provincial police force similar to the OPP in Ontario, which IMO is a good idea but hard to impose as there are plenty of areas that have little to no population.

Not trying to erode your point, but it's pretty common knowledge through public opinion polls and the like that the RCMP is an organization in crisis, a lot of people don't trust them because of the known few who behave like an "ol' boys club" rather than a police force.
uhh...I posted a link on my post, did you see it? There's even a news video too.

and yes, BC did sign a 20 year contract with RCMP back in 2012.
RCMP gets 20-year contract renewal in B.C. - British Columbia - CBC News
Old 02-25-2015, 11:27 PM   #29
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
uhh...I posted a link on my post, did you see it? There's even a news video too.

and yes, BC did sign a 20 year contract with RCMP back in 2012.
RCMP gets 20-year contract renewal in B.C. - British Columbia - CBC News
Sorry, I meant regarding BC's discussions about having its own provincial police force. As hopeful as I am, I am rather skeptical since our population is significantly smaller than that of Ontario...
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:46 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
Sorry, I meant regarding BC's discussions about having its own provincial police force. As hopeful as I am, I am rather skeptical since our population is significantly smaller than that of Ontario...
It was actually posted here on Revscene, I can't find the particular article, but BC Provincial Police Force did exist in the past and here are some related articles.

RCMP sure does screw around with BC.

British Columbia Provincial Police - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Why did the B.C. Provincial Police disappear? - The Globe and Mail
B.C. considers provincial police after Ottawa threatens RCMP withdrawal - The Globe and Mail
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/sto...9-fc3d216768c7
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1379837/