REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-29-2015, 06:06 PM   #176
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
I run the Hella Opti's too. Good bulb.
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2015, 08:19 PM   #177
I STILL don't get it

Doesn't 2015 Sienna SE Tech pkg comes with stock HIDS?
If not, my sales lied to me.
604Sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:38 PM   #178
I'm invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604Sparda View Post
Doesn't 2015 Sienna SE Tech pkg comes with stock HIDS?
If not, my sales lied to me.
They only come with LED drl's. They are projector style headlight, but not OEM HID.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:38 PM   #179
I STILL don't get it

Prob getting a 15 Sienna SE with tech pkg next month.

What are some of the things you guys asked for and gotten since the price is so stiff and tech pkg has everything already?
extended warranty?
winter tires?
Old 05-29-2015, 11:42 PM   #180
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
^ why would you need extended warranty on a Toyota....

I got regular warranty for my pre owned Acura and I regret it every single day. Japanese cars are just to reliable for warranty. Factory warranty thats included in the price will suffice.

You don't really need winter tires either, just a good set of all-weather or all-seasons will do. Unless your horrible at driving.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 05:58 AM   #181
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjalapeno View Post

I got regular warranty for my pre owned Acura and I regret it every single day. Japanese cars are just to reliable for warranty. Factory warranty thats included in the price will suffice.

You don't really need winter tires either, just a good set of all-weather or all-seasons will do. Unless your horrible at driving.
So you got a Jap car without extended warranty but you regret it and asking me why I might be getting extended warranty?

You dont know where or when I am taking my car so why would you assume I dont need winters? Besides, winter tires does not mean horrible drivers, its a safety issue.

Anyways, these are just 2 examples i listed for my original question which was what other ppl got instead of discounts?

TIA
Old 05-30-2015, 07:05 AM   #182
Waxin’ Punks

Don't think you'll get those kinda freebies. Some sales people might offer a "gift" which is a portion of their commission, ie $200. Most common freebie is all weather mats.

Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2015, 08:36 AM   #183
I STILL don't get it

^ i see ,
Thanks
Old 05-30-2015, 09:52 AM   #184
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Quote:

What are some of the things you guys asked for and gotten since the price is so stiff and tech pkg has everything already?
extended warranty?
winter tires?
Those look like question marks to me. Since you asked naive and indecisive questions I decided to answer the questions and help you. The way you asked the question seemed like you wanted to purchase those items since the "SE with tech has everything". I didn't think you actually wanted to ask the dealership to get those things for free. Thats even more stupid.

Quote:
So you got a Jap car without extended warranty but you regret it and asking me why I might be getting extended warranty?

You dont know where or when I am taking my car so why would you assume I dont need winters? Besides, winter tires does not mean horrible drivers, its a safety issue.

Anyways, these are just 2 examples i listed for my original question which was what other ppl got instead of discounts?

TIA
I got REGULAR warranty for my car which is 3 years or 110000KM not extended. Extended warranty would have been something like 5 years. Nowhere in your question did you mention where or "when" you will be driving the car so I assumed it's going to be your DD around town. If you are a good driver you can manage around town in winter with All-season or All-weather tires. Every one of your fucking posts is a question so it gets a little confusing.

Way to bark at someone for trying to help you out.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:04 PM   #185
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:

extended warranty?
winter tires?
pm'd you, check your inbox !
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:24 PM   #186
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuri View Post
I didn't realize there's a minivan thread on RS! I have a 2013 Sienna (AWD XLE model), and am purchasing a 4300k HID kit from XenonDepot too. Did you guys use the relay harnesses for the install, or is that not necessary for our car?

For the yellow bulbs, I used the Hella Optilux Yellow H11s on my last car for over a year and there were no issues to the moment it was sold. I haven't tried the other ones you listed though so I can't comment on how "yellow" they are compare to one another.
I purchased my 4300 kit from Autolismo (local) for a good price. I think it was $70-80 depending on the length of warranty you go for. I used the harness that came with the HID kit, simple plug and play and your ready to roll.

I may actually purchase a second kit for the fog lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
I'm also on the boat of possibly getting a mini van. Can anyone chime in as to what are the pros and cons of having an 8-seater mini van vs. full-sized SUV (i.e. Honda Pilot)?
Pros: For the love of god, SLIDING DOORS. Especially when you have infant/car seats and you got tight parking. Won't have to give a flying fuck about swinging that door around, cause it's sliding wooot.

Rear seats have WAY more space than 8 seater SUV AND you have actual trunk space. (Depending on make and model)

Cons: It's a mini van. It won't be as "cool" as a SUV, and the handling won't be as sharp as a SUV (Depending on some make and models)

Quote:

extended warranty?
winter tires?
I asked for extra oil changes and rear mat for the trunk, and I got top dollar for my trade in, in relation to the black book value. There's not much you can ask for since it does have everything. You can talk them down on the MSRP, and throw in some minor accessories.

Depending where you live, if lower mainland, then no for winter tires.
I bought extended warranty for 7 years (which was the length of my financing). Includes everything from yearly oil changes to whatever the fuck breaks down (and hopefully nothing does, but just in case), since this is a long term vehicle that I would keep until the kids are grown up.
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2015, 04:08 PM   #187
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Chow View Post
Pros: For the love of god, SLIDING DOORS. Especially when you have infant/car seats and you got tight parking. Won't have to give a flying fuck about swinging that door around, cause it's sliding wooot.
I'm way behind on the tech so I'm not sure if this is standard now, but powered sliding doors that open/close at the push of a button and can do so by remote are awesome.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:45 PM   #188
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Chow View Post
So lil' update.

I installed rain guards and yellow tint to the fog lights, and ordered some interior LED lights, and installed 4300k HID kit.

Now, I'm looking to replace the fog light bulbs, but need some insight.

I don't want blinding fogs, so I'm not opting for HID fogs.

I've done some researching and found the following fog light bulbs for sale:

Nokya hyper yellow
Hella Optilux yellow
Hoen endurance yellow
Piaa Ion Crystal yellow (Crazy expensive)

Just wanted to know if you guys had any experience on any of the above, and which ones are closest to 2500k.

thanks!
Damn, you're ahead of me already, finally installed my 4300's this afternoon. Had some other projects on the Jeep to do first

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuri View Post
I didn't realize there's a minivan thread on RS! I have a 2013 Sienna (AWD XLE model), and am purchasing a 4300k HID kit from XenonDepot too. Did you guys use the relay harnesses for the install, or is that not necessary for our car?

For the yellow bulbs, I used the Hella Optilux Yellow H11s on my last car for over a year and there were no issues to the moment it was sold. I haven't tried the other ones you listed though so I can't comment on how "yellow" they are compare to one another.
The Xenon Depot kit, like others I imagine are all plug and play

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
I'm also on the boat of possibly getting a mini van. Can anyone chime in as to what are the pros and cons of having an 8-seater mini van vs. full-sized SUV (i.e. Honda Pilot)?
Our other vehicle is a newer Grand Cherokee. Van has more room, we actually made a road trip to Seattle a few weekends ago and I had room to sit in the back and watch dvd's with the kids. Of course sliding doors are the best in parking spots

Quote:

extended warranty?
winter tires?
We actually got almost 1k off the price we were quoted, which was pennies off the toyota.ca price
wickedxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:05 AM   #189
I'm invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjalapeno View Post

I bought the extended warranty back in Nov11 for my 2012 XLE FWD. So far (knock on wood), I haven't used it yet, except for the 4x free oil change. What I've been told was that the extended warranty (old plan) I purchased at the time, did not cover power sliding doors/trunk. I haven't verified with the service department yet. Paid around $1200 for an extra 2 years for "bumper to bumper".

The Sienna has been parked outside for the last 2.5 years, and the sliding doors and trunk always worked every time, so far so good. If i'd do it again, I probably would of passed on the ECP.

Last edited by Edison_Chen; 05-31-2015 at 08:11 AM.
Edison_Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:12 PM   #190
I STILL don't get it

Finally took delivery on a SE with Tech Pack. So far everythings great except one thing.
The anchor piece for the 8th seat in the middle of the 2nd row is not removable and it really limits movement.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:22 PM   #191

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
yea was looking at that in the showroom and was wondering how to remove that piece and a guy said you can't. that was a downer moment otherwise the car would have been perfect.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:40 AM   #192
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Finally took delivery on a SE with Tech Pack. So far everythings great except one thing.
The anchor piece for the 8th seat in the middle of the 2nd row is not removable and it really limits movement.
where and which salesperson did you purchase it off from?
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:04 AM   #193
Waxin’ Punks

I have 2 captains chairs for my middle row. If you don't need 8 seats, swap em out. They're recliners!

Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #194
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
I have 2 captains chairs for my middle row. If you don't need 8 seats, swap em out. They're recliners!
I dont really need those, because i am mouthing infant car seat on 2nd row.
Yeah i am still thinking abt getting a XLE seat to free up the middle.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #195
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_blue View Post
where and which salesperson did you purchase it off from?
Pm'ed
Let me know if you need his contacts
Old 07-01-2015, 06:06 PM   #196
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Is that 8th seat being not removable exclusive to the SE? The 8pass XLE we have at work is totally removable but it just leaves a small plastic base when you remove it

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:02 PM   #197
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Is that 8th seat being not removable exclusive to the SE? The 8pass XLE we have at work is totally removable but it just leaves a small plastic base when you remove it
Its removeable on SE as well.the plastic piece is inconvenient. XLE has optional 7 seats; leather seat without the plastic piece.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:16 PM   #198
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

The 8th seat is removable in the second row, but like others have said, it leaves a plastic base / anchor on the floor. I believe if you really need to remove those, there are bolts on the underside of the vehicle that attaches to them. Check out Sienna Chat forums to confirm that though.
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:38 AM   #199
Waxin’ Punks

Quote:
I dont really need those, because i am mouthing infant car seat on 2nd row.
Yeah i am still thinking abt getting a XLE seat to free up the middle.
Not sure what you're getting at.. I have an infant seat in the middle row on one of the captain's chairs.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-02-2015, 03:17 PM   #200

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Not sure what you're getting at.. I have an infant seat in the middle row on one of the captain's chairs.
i think the point is that the captain chair is wasted if you are putting an infant seat on them, and not actually let anyone enjoy it.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: