REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 07-04-2015, 06:28 PM   #126
I'm being watched.

Anyone have issues with Wifi cutting out / disconnecting?
Advertisement
essel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:19 PM   #127
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by essel View Post
Haven't really experienced lag but battery life is pretty shitty. Can't really last a full day unless I'm on Power Saving mode all day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
^ true. I only managed to get 2hr30mins screen on time yesterday from a full charge. This is just ridiculous. I'm also experiencing lag now too. Good ol Samsung eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatman View Post
Man, my phones battery life has gone to shit now, worse than when I first started using the phone. Another thing that has me annoyed is how the phone lags when I'm switching apps and loading the main menu.... Similar issues with my friend that has an S6 as well. Anyone else experiencing lag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj bally View Post
i have the s6 edge, my co worker has the s6. both had terrible battery life, after doing some research online after doing the latest update the phone needs a full wipe(booting into android recovery and format) it has fixed my problem from needing a charger at 4-5pm to having my phone last until i get home around 10-11pm. so huge difference, i recommend backing up all your info and doing a full wipe if you have shitty battery life
The Samsung Exynos 7420 Deep Dive - Inside A Modern 14nm SoC

A bit of a read but can also help explain why battery life differs from phone to phone - Samsung has "bins" of the processor which consume more or less power.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:53 PM   #128
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
is it worth the money? my contract is due for expiry and i was looking at the s6, as my s3 before was bomb
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #129
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
is it worth the money? my contract is due for expiry and i was looking at the s6, as my s3 before was bomb
Worth it. I had the OnePlus and then I tried the G4 but I have been more impressed by the S6.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #130
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Might be able to get a new phone through work is the S6 or the S6 edge better? Play both at the Samsung store. The S6 edge doesn't look really nice but the screen seems smaller when viewing web pages and opening apps due to the curve display. Also the extra functions that the edge have seems almost useless to me. Another thing I am worry with edge is that it will be hard to find a case that's protective on the screen and use temperted glass on it.

The S6 feels nice and pretty like any standard phone. Doesn't have the "wow" factor but it does cost less and finding a case that's protective should be pretty easy.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:14 AM   #131

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
^ you didn't like the size of the iPhone 6 and said it was "too big" when it's at a comfy 4.7". Now you're considering a phone with a 5.1" screen? Lol....
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:34 AM   #132
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
^ you didn't like the size of the iPhone 6 and said it was "too big" when it's at a comfy 4.7". Now you're considering a phone with a 5.1" screen? Lol....
why not? I don't have to pay for the phone since work is paying for it. Is different when something is free VS $1000 out of my own pockets.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:15 AM   #133
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
anyone else having constant focus problems w/ the stupid camera on their s6? i hve to shake the fucking thing before it focuses
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:59 PM   #134

no issues with mine, been working like a champ.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:13 AM   #135

damnit. lucky you. a real put off... on top of the touchwhiz haha
Old 09-10-2015, 12:26 PM   #136

anyone have any recommendations for how to unlock my s6? should i use an online company that sends a code or should i contact my carrier(bell) and ask them to unlock it??
Old 09-10-2015, 12:30 PM   #137
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
anyone have any recommendations for how to unlock my s6? should i use an online company that sends a code or should i contact my carrier(bell) and ask them to unlock it??
I used these guys (Unlockbox) but you can pretty much use any online company or even eBay. See if Bell will do it for free though first. Most places will be <$20 to unlock.

On an unrelated note, has anyone installed the 5.1.1 updates yet? Just installed it on my Telus S6. Not much difference so far for me.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2015, 12:47 PM   #138

^ it was $15 to get a code from them. meh, not gonna bother talking to idiots on the phone with bell. thanks!
Old 09-10-2015, 01:20 PM   #139

syee- only diff i acutally noticed was the camera app. you can adjust exposure on the go like the camera app in IOS
Old 09-17-2015, 01:07 PM   #140
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
Well i dont know if its just me but my battery life has been really bad lately. I took it off charge at 7:45am and had juat over two hours of screen time and am at 38% battery!!

Ive had samsung do a reflash of the rom and even did a clean install, its fine for about a week and then it goes downhill from there. RMA wont even replace the phone as it "doesnt seem to be a factory defect, Rather a ware and tear issue".

Fucking bull shit. Me and my gf got this phone the same time and her battery life is wayyy better than mine. Only had this phone for 6 months!

I charge my phone once a day now using my portable charger, so two 100% battery times during the day and by the end of the day its at around 15% battery left.

My screen brightness is on auto and set to medium brightness

Last edited by bigzz786786; 09-17-2015 at 01:14 PM.
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 05:08 PM   #141
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
Just charged my new S6. Battery is not an issue, as im a light user anyways.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:46 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzz786786 View Post
Well i dont know if its just me but my battery life has been really bad lately. I took it off charge at 7:45am and had juat over two hours of screen time and am at 38% battery!!

Ive had samsung do a reflash of the rom and even did a clean install, its fine for about a week and then it goes downhill from there. RMA wont even replace the phone as it "doesnt seem to be a factory defect, Rather a ware and tear issue".

Fucking bull shit. Me and my gf got this phone the same time and her battery life is wayyy better than mine. Only had this phone for 6 months!

I charge my phone once a day now using my portable charger, so two 100% battery times during the day and by the end of the day its at around 15% battery left.

My screen brightness is on auto and set to medium brightness
mine's just as bad.. i usually get up somewhere between 930-1030am on weekdays and leave for work at 2pm. in between that time i usually top up the charge before i leave for work so its near or at full and by the time i get off work at 10pm, its always at around 20%. all i do when i'm at work is stream a couple of podcasts and listen to music thats on the phone. i got so sick of this shit battery life that i just ended up ordering the nexus 6p. dat 3400mah battery should keep me satisfied.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #143
G
Banned (BBM)

Anyone have a problem with the back of the phone getting too hot?

Sometimes when I am on specific apps it will get so hot that I cant even put my finger in that area to hold it... Do you think I can go to the Samsung store, show them, and get a new replacement? It doesn't get that hot when I am charging so I am not sure whats happening...

(Compared the phone with another S6 user and we used the same App to test it and mine was significantly hotter)
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:24 AM   #144

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
i bought an Otterbox for my S6 but chucked the crappy mylar screen protector they come with and bought a glass one instead. much betterer.

i'm surprised this phone is not water resistant, so i hope my dusty environment won't kill it either.

phone by N.V.M., on Flickr
Old 11-08-2015, 10:40 PM   #145

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
So my S5 lcd screen died out on me, is there anyway to transfer contacts out? It has a lock screen.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:47 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
So my S5 lcd screen died out on me, is there anyway to transfer contacts out? It has a lock screen.
If you have your contracts tie to a google account it sync it so hopefully you did that.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:50 PM   #147
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Anyone have a problem with the back of the phone getting too hot?

Sometimes when I am on specific apps it will get so hot that I cant even put my finger in that area to hold it... Do you think I can go to the Samsung store, show them, and get a new replacement? It doesn't get that hot when I am charging so I am not sure whats happening...

(Compared the phone with another S6 user and we used the same App to test it and mine was significantly hotter)
yeah sometimes my phone overheats too. like its going to blow up or something
but it seems to be really common in all samsung phones.. i've previously used s3 and s4 same thing happened
my friend has a samsung s5 his battery lasts so much longer than my s6. other than that i still like it though lol
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #148

Has anyone else had issues with their S6 on the Rogers network not receiving calls or texts? Both my wife and I have the S6 and sometimes when I call her it tells me her phone is being call forwarded to VM when it clearly is not. Also, when I text her (and her to me) it can take hours to receive texts and when I do, I will get the same text multiple times. I have spoken to rogers about this but there is no fix for it according to them.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #149
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koflach View Post
Has anyone else had issues with their S6 on the Rogers network not receiving calls or texts? Both my wife and I have the S6 and sometimes when I call her it tells me her phone is being call forwarded to VM when it clearly is not. Also, when I text her (and her to me) it can take hours to receive texts and when I do, I will get the same text multiple times. I have spoken to rogers about this but there is no fix for it according to them.
I'm on Fido (which piggybacks on the Rogers network), and I've been having this intermittently too. I wouldn't get a missed call, but then a voicemail notification would come up. It's been happening to me for maybe the last month or so. I'd try calling from a couple of different phones near me (my work cell, home phone and VoIP line) and they all ring when I call it.

I thought it might have been my phone (it's an unlocked Telus S6), so I did a factory wipe and still the same thing. Seems to be happening less nowadays though so I'm not sure if it was a network related issue or something else...
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #150
I subscribe to Revscene

^ yup happens to my gf's S6 as well
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote