REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Shoulda gone for the touchless wash... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/701945-shoulda-gone-touchless-wash.html)

Soundy 03-03-2015 07:34 AM

Shoulda gone for the touchless wash...

New SUV damaged in car wash | Watch News Videos Online

yray 03-03-2015 08:37 AM

inb4, its a X1 comments :troll:

boostfever 03-03-2015 09:05 AM

X1 owners... :fuckthatshit:

quasi 03-03-2015 09:22 AM

As far as I know she's mistaken a comprehensive claim won't effect her premiums. Petro Canada should pay the deductible plus any depression she'll have now owning a car with a 15-20K deceleration. It doesn't sound like they are going to do anything so she'll have to pay it and then sue them in small claims court, she'll probably win.

smoothie. 03-03-2015 09:30 AM

Depends if there's a damage disclaimer before you drive into the wash?

gars 03-03-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothie. (Post 8604223)
Depends if there's a damage disclaimer before you drive into the wash?

I think the damage disclaimer is for scratches and stuff. Not a chain wrapped around their roller destroying your car.

InvisibleSoul 03-03-2015 10:27 AM

Video not working for me. Coles notes on what happened?

quasi 03-03-2015 10:32 AM

^

1. Truck goes through car wash has a chain in the back it gets wrapped around the Machinery.
2. Lady in her BMW goes in after him, Carwash proceeds to pummel her vehicle with a chain smashing it to pieces.
3. Petro Canada say's it's not there problem it's the trucks problem, ICBC say's it's not an accident it's a comprehensive damage claim.
4. Lady think's she's SOL because nobody is taking responsibility.
5. She's going to have to make a comprehensive claim but that only fixes her vehicle, she wants to know who's going to take care of her deductible and cover her lost resale value estimated 15-20K in damage.

CorneringArtist 03-03-2015 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 8604261)
Video not working for me. Coles notes on what happened?

Edit: beaten to it but ill just leave it.

Lady takes new to her X1 to auto wash with brushes. Roller supposedly picks up chain that was in the bed of truck in front of her and wraps around it. Said chain and roller combo proceeds to go Street Fighter bonus stage over her car and causes serious damage. No one will take fault.

meme405 03-03-2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasi (Post 8604264)
cover her lost resale value estimated 15-20K in damage.

She bought an X1 pre-owned, she really couldn't have very much in the way of expectations for re-sale to begin with...:troll:

Being serious though, I'm wondering if they might just write the thing off. I mean that's a significant amount of damage to the body, and to panels which are not the easiest to repair.

Also I'd imagine there is some water damage and stuff to the interior of the car given it went through a carwash with no panoramic roof.

Shitty situation, and I agree that the lady shouldn't have to deal with it, PetroCans insurance is the one who should take the hit. It was their machinery who fucked her car.

smoothie. 03-03-2015 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gars (Post 8604260)
I think the damage disclaimer is for scratches and stuff. Not a chain wrapped around their roller destroying your car.

Depends how it's worded imo.

Sucks for her though, if ICBC says it's Petro, Petro says its the truck:heckno:

melloman 03-03-2015 01:16 PM

Sue Petro.. Tell Petro to sue truck owner and recoupe losses.

:accepted:

SpartanAir 03-03-2015 01:24 PM

Classic news manipulation:

"Her brand new BMW (She bought second hand a few weeks ago)" :fulloffuck:

Well, that's a hard lesson to learn. Why anyone thinks it's a good idea to have giant whipping rags full of other cars dirt hit your car and something that rolls across your hood on little wheels that blows the water off is NOT going to damage your car, hard to sympathize with.

Even touchless car washes cause etching damage to black trim and other surfaces; happened on my cars.

Either do it yourself, or take it to a hand wash. Really only two options if you give at least a single fuck about your vehicle.

MarkyMark 03-03-2015 01:39 PM

While I agree I'd never go through a car wash like that it's hard to say she had it coming. Getting swirls in the paint is one thing but no one should have their car looking like that after going through any car wash. I definitely sympathize with her shitty luck.

Spoon 03-03-2015 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpartanAir (Post 8604355)

Is this a thing now? Not the first time I heard people refer to their used cars as new. When I ask them "isn't it a pre-owned?". They say, "it's new to them". :rukidding:

Habboy 03-03-2015 02:14 PM

That damage tho.....sheesh. I would have peaked...

white rocket 03-03-2015 02:17 PM

Man, that's shitty situation. The blaming game sucks and it's not right to leave her in the wind and left to have to sue someone for damages. That process is annoying. Even if Petro(or whoever own the carwash machine) steps up to pay through their insurance she still has to deal with depreciation when she goes to sell it. A write-off is unlikely unless the cost of repairs comes within the insurance companies limits of what they feel the car is worth. That would be the best case scenario though. I mean who wants a vehicle that has been smashed up at no fault of their own? They would almost be a stigma with that car now for her.

It's easy to blame her for not visiting a hand car wash but time is money for some and a drive thru car wash is available for a reason. Some just want a decently clean car and could care less about swirl marks(if they even know what that means)

Galactic_Phantom 03-03-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpartanAir (Post 8604355)
Classic news manipulation:

Well, that's a hard lesson to learn. Why anyone thinks it's a good idea to have giant whipping rags full of other cars dirt hit your car and something that rolls across your hood on little wheels that blows the water off is NOT going to damage your car, hard to sympathize with.

Even touchless car washes cause etching damage to black trim and other surfaces; happened on my cars.

Either do it yourself, or take it to a hand wash. Really only two options if you give at least a single fuck about your vehicle.

Middle aged woman does not love her car enough to hand wash therefore she does not deserve sympathy when her car's windshield, moonroof, is destroyed and water rushes in WHILE SHES IN THE CAR:seriously:

knight604 03-03-2015 06:23 PM

That kids is why you wash your own car

Soundy 03-03-2015 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorneringArtist (Post 8604265)
Edit: beaten to it but ill just leave it.

Lady takes new to her X1 to auto wash with brushes. Roller supposedly picks up chain that was in the bed of truck in front of her and wraps around it. Said chain and roller combo proceeds to go Street Fighter bonus stage over her car and causes serious damage. No one will take fault.

:lawl:

maxxxboost 03-03-2015 09:23 PM

Was not expecting that kinda of damage...it will buff right out??:blueguy:

InvisibleSoul 03-03-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 8604350)
Sue Petro.. Tell Petro to sue truck owner and recoupe losses.

:accepted:

Seriously, that is probably the proper recourse.

Petro Canada saying it's the truck's fault is a load of crock, and absolutely nothing more than trying to pass the buck.

SpartanAir 03-03-2015 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkbb (Post 8604547)
Middle aged woman does not love her car enough to hand wash therefore she does not deserve sympathy when her car's windshield, moonroof, is destroyed and water rushes in WHILE SHES IN THE CAR:seriously:

I'll agree that one should sympathize with her bad luck and the extent of damage. No one could know or predict that a chain would whip her car to pieces, and scare the hell out of her. I'm sure it was scary and it's a shame.

But I would think she's been alive long enough to figure out those types of car washes do more harm than good to your vehicle. Sure, the truck ahead was in part to blame, you're not supposed to have anything loose on your car or in your truck bed. And Petro Can is in part to blame for not paying attention to their machine. I'm just saying she is also in part to blame for going there to begin with.

But as they say, common sense is not that common.

underscore 03-03-2015 10:41 PM

A middle aged lady with a white SUV isn't going to care about barely visible swirl marks, and either way having roughed up paint is better than ending up with rust.

Regardless that thing is fucked, Petro should take the hit and then go after either the truck owner or the manufacturer of the wash. A piece of chain should've thrown that roller far enough out of balance to shut the machine down before it even touched her vehicle, at the latest after the first few impacts with the SUV. Whoever didn't configure the safety overrides to shut it down in a case like this dropped the ball IMO.

MTV Cribs 03-04-2015 01:51 AM

That thing is going to have a lot of electrical issues :dizzy: