REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 03-03-2015, 11:38 AM   #1
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Bloodborne

So who's playing this when it comes out? I'm a huge souls fan so this one will cater to something a bit different and something a bit familiar.

March 24, 2015 release date. I am ready.

Advertisement
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:17 PM   #2
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

got mine preordered
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #3
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
looks cool

will wait for it to drop in price

i got the order 1886 but its still sitting here wrapped up :/
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:13 PM   #4
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
on a side note... anybody here on rs play Dark Souls 2 on pc?

... would love to duel LOL
Old 03-04-2015, 10:09 AM   #5
ZN6

^

If you have it on PS3, I'd duel. My PC is too crappy to run DS2; it's really a work/email/TF2 machine now which is sad.

From Software is also releasing Scholar of the First Sin for PS4. If it looks like what the E3 trailers looked like, I'd get it, so most likely not... looks like it's going to just have a bit of upscaled resolution and sharper textures and that's about it.

Last edited by ZN6; 03-04-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:36 AM   #6
ZN6

This...game...is...so...good.

I have a few complaints though, there are some occasional framerate drops and glitches. The frequent pop ups of objects makes me think that the game isn't fully optimizing the hardware's memory bandwidth or space. It doesn't affect the gameplay but sometimes it's weird seeing a box just suddenly appear out of nowhere. The game looks amazing otherwise.

I actually managed to get a glitch where a rabid dog became invincible and I died against it.

There's also another glitch that I got when I ring the bell it does not send me back to the hunter's dream, but when I select the option to quit the game it sends me back to the hunter's dream.

The one big complaint (which Sony is already addressing with From) is load time. The load times are so long with this game. Hopefully the next update will update this to decrease load time by at least a few seconds. They add up.

I love how you can now join friends you know to play together now.

Anyone at the forbidden forest yet? I don't dare play co-op there because of the game breaking glitch. I have a friend who got there, co-op'd and then he couldn't get an item which allows him to open something to progress. He found out online about it and now he has to restart the game or wait for a patch.

Game play is spot-on as expected from a Soul's successor. The new mechanics like dual mode weapons and quick pace without shields is a welcome and refreshing take on the system. Getting invaded now, I don't have to duel a turtling guy toting havel's set.

The learning curve is pretty high in the beginning of the game as expected as a Soul's veteran. But as the game goes on, it's significantly easier than Dark Souls 2 and even Demon's Souls. The dodge mechanic makes evading boss attacks much easier and there are less stats to have to juggle. There were 9 I think in DS2, and 6 in BB. I don't have to worry about things that affect poise anymore or attunement for attunement slots or even adaptability to increase the evade timing-window. It's like they went back to basics on this one. Bloodborne is no where near DS2 in terms of technicality. So far the game is no where near DS2 in difficulty either.

This game gets a solid 8/10 in my books. The only reason why I take 1.5 points away is because of the issues of this game out the gate. At the time of writing this, some of these issues are major (like the game breaking glitch mentioned). Otherwise things could have been a bit more polished.

If it had none of these issues I would have given a 9.5 out of 10.

Last edited by ZN6; 03-30-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:33 AM   #7
RS controls my life!

Born by the blood

MikeyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:13 AM   #8
ZN6

^

hahaha, that's the stage for all hard-as-fuck games. I remember when fighting Nightmare Beta in the original DMC. That boss was BS. There was a boss, literally, within a boss for some mad bossception. Eventually, I unlocked and beat Dante must Die and got unlimited devil triggers.

I am already wanting a Bloodborne 2 that builds up the technical aspect of the game even further.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2015, 09:25 AM   #9
RS controls my life!

Finding good help

MikeyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote