REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 03-03-2015, 01:32 PM   #1
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Security tips with traveling

What are some of the security tips fellow RS have when they travel? Myself

-Take pictures of my Passport and VISA, sent to my E-mail and also carry it with me in separately from my passport and credit card In case you lost them you can report to your CC company and it will be a lot easier to renew your passport

-Put passport and half of my cash in Hotel safe and take a picture of it.

-Keep cash, credit card and ID separately (in different pockets). Even if I got pick pocket I only lose some money/ID

- When using a camera I leave it at the button on my backpack and cover it with jackets, blankets making it harder to anyone to fish stuff out form my bag.

-Use a money belt in the summer

- Use one of the hidden fancy packs under my undershirt in the winter

- Most importantly keep an eye out on your surroundings and be alert.
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:30 PM   #2
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
I think just being aware of your surroundings is #1

I've travelled a decent amount and never once felt the need to wear a money belt, typically when I go out I have 1 peice of Id, visa, and cash in my front pockets, that's it.

I think it also has a lot to do without looking like a straight up tourist/mark for people. I've never once felt like I was in danger or in danger of being scammed etc. Gotta have a head on your shoulders.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:31 PM   #3
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
takings pic of ur safe is not going to mean anything.

i put money separately in two / 3 diff pocket when i travel.

say i got 2000 US cash and I'm traveling to Israel; wallet for misc cash say 100 dollars for mcdicks or misc stuff that i use cash. Then i have another 200-300 in a side pocket. the rest i either put it a safe or i carry it in a money belt (but only if i am carrying over 3000 US)

If i'm carrying a bag, the zipper is always at the end and not in the middle and closest to my hand.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote