REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:03 AM   #126
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
few days old but damn

Gerrard's still got it.

Looks like LA's prepping for a march to the top
Advertisement
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:24 AM   #127
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
few days old but damn

Gerrard's still got it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIWvsgMYryQ

Looks like LA's prepping for a march to the top
Doesn't matter, the "big market" teams are all going Bayern in spending for top players, while the rest of the league gets by on their not oil-billionaire/entertainment megacorp owners. It bugs me that they can just pour money in to win cups without going into compete financial disarray, kind of like how Chicago shot themselves in the foot with poor decision-making.
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:48 AM   #128

yup...it sucks.
but that's the way she goes...it's not as bad as some Euro Leagues yet but its trending there
La Liga hasn't had a non-Madrid/barcelona win the title since Valencia in 04
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 07-24-2015, 10:11 AM   #129
"Entertainment" mod.

They're not showing every game on cable, but the Bundesliga is coming to Sportsnet. I've redacted all non-"free" games. As a VW owner on an aside, I finally get to see Wolfsburg, and to a related extent, FC Ingolstadt, play .

Watch Germany's Bundesliga on Sportsnet - Sportsnet.ca

Quote:
Sportsnet announced today that it has secured a five-year, multiplatform rights agreement with Fox Sports 1 to become the exclusive Canadian broadcaster of the Bundesliga through to the 2019-20 season.

Sportsnet’s Bundesliga agreement includes broadcast rights to the German Supercup, coverage of all 306 league matches (as well as the Bundesliga relegation playoffs) and highlight shows throughout the season, including the weekly Bundesliga Matchday.

You can watch all games listed below live on Sportsnet World NOW. Game times and channels subject to change.

Sportsnet’s 2015-16 Bundesliga Broadcast Schedule

Saturday, August 1, 2015
• German Supercup: Bayern Munich vs. Wolfsburg, 2:30 pm ET (Sportsnet ONE and Sportsnet World)

Saturday, August 15, 2015
• Borussia Dortmund vs. Borussia Monchengladbach, 12:30 pm ET (Sportsnet ONE and Sportsnet World)

Sunday, August 23, 2015
• Borussia Monchengladbach vs. FSV Mainz, 11:30 pm ET (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Friday, August 28, 2015
• Wolfsburg vs. Schalke, 2:00 pm ET (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific, and Sportsnet World)

Sunday, August 30, 2015
• Borussia Dortmund vs. Hertha Berlin, 9:30 am ET (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific, and Sportsnet World)

Friday, September 11, 2015
• Borussia Monchengladbach vs. Hamburger, 2:30 pm ET (Sportsnet ONE and Sportsnet World)

• Stuttgart vs. Schalke, 12:30 pm ET (Sportsnet ONE and Sportsnet World)

Sunday, September 20, 2015
• Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayer Leverkusen, 9:30 am ET (Sportsnet ONE)
• Augsburg vs. Hannover, 11:30 am ET (Sportsnet ONE)

Tuesday, September 22, 2015
• Bayern Munich vs. Wolfsburg, 2:00 pm ET (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Wednesday, September 23, 2015
• Schalke vs. Eintracht Frankfurt, 2:00 pm ET (Sportsnet ONE)

Saturday, September 26, 2015
• FSV Mainz vs. Bayern Munich, 9:30 am ET (Sportsnet ONE)
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2015, 10:19 AM   #130
My homepage has been set to RS

Awwww ya!

Between TSN and Sportsnet, we are finally getting great coverage of European football.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:22 AM   #131

yissss....except the 630 am starts. lol

some la liga and serie A would be good too. I think gol tv carries some but i don't have that channel anymore.

anyone pick up a champions league game ticket yet? i'm still on the fence about picking some up for that sep 16 game against CD Olimpia.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:06 PM   #132
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

we already get la liga and serie A. it's on beIN sports.

i could never watch gol TV since it wasn't in HD. now if only we could get the the Argentinian and Brazilian leagues in HD here....
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2015, 01:15 PM   #133

lol speaking of Brazilian leagues

Orlando City end Ganso negotiations will sue Sao Paulo - ESPN FC

never heard of beIN sports before...Brazilian league games would be a pretty nice addition
Old 07-26-2015, 07:32 PM   #134
"Entertainment" mod.

Drogba is supposedly an Impact, and Mexico wins the Gold Cup after losing twice against Panama and Costa Rica. They played to win against Jamaica, but they should not have been there two times over, so I personally don't register it a win.

(And note, the ref in the Panama game was Mark Geiger, aka the guy who called the incidental handball by Waston a PK in that Houston playoff game last year.)
Old 07-26-2015, 09:10 PM   #135

I though that name sounded familiar...I'm pretty sure he fucked up another game besides that playoff game and that gold cup game.

Gonna be a busy August...hopefully they still have enough left in the tank for the games against the Impact
Old 08-02-2015, 02:29 AM   #136
"Entertainment" mod.

So when did Kah get the same finishing flair as Aguero? LOL.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:26 AM   #137
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Full credit to the 'Caps for a professional win, but Seattle was terrible. They quickly ran out of ideas even though they had more possession in the second half. Martins is a great player, but if Seattle is relying on him to save their season, they'll be in trouble.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:57 PM   #138
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,600 Times in 542 Posts
Super happy about the dominating win. But Geiger controversial yet again missing a blatant hand ball in the Cap's box, game could've been very different early on though i'm sure we would've taken it.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:54 AM   #139

Lol Geiger...how that guy is still reffing at this level of the game is beyond me
must be good at sucking dick.

dat Morales free kick tho.
Hopefully that means he's getting ramped up...he'll be crucial to getting out of this month intact.

Looking forward to the CCL game on Wednesday. Probably gonna be a lot of roster changes but it'll be fun to kick Seattle's ass again.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:51 PM   #140

So, the Whitecaps are still first in the West and are 8 points away from a playoff spot.

The team looks good, Seattle CCL game notwithstanding. If they can get a couple of wins against Dallas and get a result in Kansas City, first place in the West is pretty probable, I would think.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:08 AM   #141

Damn, pretty sure I was watching a Canucks game last night. Two, two goal leads blown, and losing in the final couple of minutes.

Pretty much just wiped out any momentum going forward. But to be completely honest, the caps were overachieving lately. Something like this was bound to happen. They better forget about this or risk blowing this month and the playoffs.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:35 AM   #142
"Entertainment" mod.

I heard something about Kah injuring his jaw, but he should jave fucking jumped on Nagamura's second goal. Height advantage would have cleared the ball.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:20 AM   #143

Yeah, Robbo went on a bit of the rant against the refs but it's more of a diversionary tactic than anything. Sure some calls were blown but at the end of the day you shouldn't be giving up 2 goal leads that quick in two games at any league.

Hopefully they get their shit together. The defending was a steaming pile of garbage from the start and it just completely crumbled in the last 10 mins.
Worst time of the year to call apart or lose any momentum.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:15 AM   #144

Weber: Drogba, with sore toe, will miss ACC final vs. Whitecaps

"Sore toe" more like..."no-turfitis"
shit this better not be the case when NYC FC comes in Sep, i wanna see Pirlo, Lampard and Villa in action
Old 08-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #145

Quote:
Weber: Drogba, with sore toe, will miss ACC final vs. Whitecaps

"Sore toe" more like..."no-turfitis"
shit this better not be the case when NYC FC comes in Sep, i wanna see Pirlo, Lampard and Villa in action
No surprise that Drogba isn't coming, but who cares as long as we win the Voyageurs Cup, get allocation money, and another crack at the CCL.

Pirlo and Lampard probably won't play, but I can see David Villa playing. He seems to be only player that cares about the team as he basically called the management out after the loss to LA by saying that he needs players he can play with. We'll probably crush them 3 or 4 nil considering they'll be playing on a larger surface (artificial to boot) than they're used to and and that they're defense is shit.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:09 AM   #146
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
anyone going to the game tonight?? History will be made.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #147
"Entertainment" mod.

People seem to be getting butthurt that Canadians aren't in the Starting XI. We're right on the cusp of hoisting a trophy, so fuck it, let's go international. Look at what having a Canada-heavy lineup got us last year, a loss to Toronto in the semifinals.

The Caps need this one.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:00 PM   #148

U talking about Weber's article?

Yeah that guy was high off his ass. Smoking a little too much Canadiana.
That's such a stupid article to write to begin with, it's 2015, I don't give a fuck if my local Canadian team doesn't have very many Canadians playing for it as long as they're winning.

Canadians fucking suck at soccer anyways. The Gold Cup was a fucking disaster and they're probably gonna get shit on during the WC qualifiers. Hell, the entire qualifier will be the Canadian goalie picking balls out from the back of the net.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:54 PM   #149
"Entertainment" mod.

Quote:
U talking about Weber's article?

Yeah that guy was high off his ass. Smoking a little too much Canadiana.
That's such a stupid article to write to begin with, it's 2015, I don't give a fuck if my local Canadian team doesn't have very many Canadians playing for it as long as they're winning.

Canadians fucking suck at soccer anyways. The Gold Cup was a fucking disaster and they're probably gonna get shit on during the WC qualifiers. Hell, the entire qualifier will be the Canadian goalie picking balls out from the back of the net.
We have more exposure for Canada Rugby than soccer. They have a WC campaign going (but with a strong pool will get blown out), and are now a stop in 2016 for the Sevens World Tour. That, and it's a much easier sport to get into for kids considering that there's a certain skill bar for soccer.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:31 PM   #150

If you follow Weber on Twitter, I'm not entirely sure he's all that invested in growing soccer in Canada, like some of the other writers/bloggers out there. In fact, soccer is really is second or third passion, but he covers the 'Caps because it's a decent gig. To be honest, I think he was trolling a bit, at least with that headline.