REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:53 PM   #26
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Holy shit, this Jan guy has been in the "self help" business for FIVE years?

My goodness, that lip smacking that he does in the video is annoying.

This "dating coach" has questionable public speaking skills.

If this guy's students are learning techniques to pick up women and developing an attitude of harassing women, this guy deserves an epic fail.

He could use an image consultant to help him with that fucked up
haircut.
Advertisement

Last edited by pastarocket; 03-10-2015 at 07:04 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2015, 06:55 PM   #27
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Trust me on this, any publicity is good publicity

In fact, if Meow wrote a huge article about how much of an asshole and degenerate I have been and it got traction I GUARANTEE no matter how negative it would be it would help my writing career immensely

Let me just put it this way:

Would you like me to write an article about how douche you were to me back when I was 18 and had red hair? my essays and articles are very affordable
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:57 PM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
Would you like me to write an article about how douche you were to me back when I was 18 and had red hair? my essays and articles are very affordable

Only if you read my book first
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:05 PM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Jan sounds a lot like Jian. #ghomeshi
Old 03-10-2015, 08:07 PM   #30
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Only if you read my book first
MeowMeow he's tricking you. This is the most unfair trade in the world.

Reading his book is down on the list of things i'd like to do right after inserting needles in my cock, and amputating one of my own limbs.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #31
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post

Reading his book is down on the list of things i'd like to do right after inserting needles in my cock, and amputating one of my own limbs.
Oh man that's harsh. I just cringed even though I don't have a dick myself ahhhh
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #32
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post

Ari from Entourage.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:59 PM   #33
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Guy like Jan can be a dickhead and get huge free publicity and threads speaking about him and his business, 100+ shares etc etc etc

Other dude can take 2 years out of his life to put to paper the experiences to be had in this city, go virtually invisible and get absolutely no press. Then people on message boards go out of their way to put him down for mentioning he wrote about his experiences.

Truth is, you people fell for the marketing from a couple of retards while a wise man's voice goes unheard.
Hahaha, get off your high horse. Youre as much of a joke as dirty stache Jan
SolidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-10-2015, 10:12 PM   #34
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Just gotta stop giving this guy exposure, fucking so stupid. More people get riled up about this and talk about it, the more business this guy is gonna get.

Why else would he reach out for the interview? To apologize? HA
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2015, 10:23 PM   #35
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,355 Times in 3,445 Posts
This story was also on the local news yesterday caught just the end of it.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:37 PM   #36
Need to Seek Professional Help

For a guy that knows how you pick up women and talk with confidence, why does it seem that he has a really limited vocabulary?

i don't know why people can buy his shit. listening to him is like listening to 16 year old a read a shitty paragraph.
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:46 PM   #37
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Honestly, the appearance of the guy just screams "Level 99 Greaser" to me. And that makes me dislike him. Not to mention that he ironically appears to have serious interview/public speaking weaknesses despite his illusions of confidence.

Everyone bitches and complains about how women in Vancouver are so unfriendly. Maybe it is because they go after gold-diggers, sorostitutes, and club rats and ignores the cute girl at the bookstore that actually has something better to do on a Friday night. But that's another argument...

Maybe women are so unfriendly BECAUSE of guys like this? If I were a girl and were approached with aggressive tactics like that, I'd probably develop "resting bitch face" real quick. And the sad part is that "normal" guys who actually like women and value their company instead of treating them like a "conquest" are all painted with the same brush. Waaaah, all guys are the same, all girls are the same. Maybe if both sides stopped acting like idiots we'd get somewhere.

That being said, while the guy is a first-class douche nozzle who can't even string together a proper sentence let alone a valid argument, I gotta give him props for being a good businessman. Just goes to show that there are plenty of beta guys in Vancouver with enough money to burn on "classes" on picking up... honestly, I am no Casanova but I don't see why people try to make it into such a science. Smile. Be honest, be sincere, dress/groom nice (don't concentrate on brands but rather on fit), look people in the eye and don't wear orange pants with a blonde man bun and you will probably get somewhere. But I guess fools and their money really are soon parted.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 12:02 AM   #38
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Surprised he hasn't gotten his ass kicked yet
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 01:38 AM   #39
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Surprised he hasn't gotten his ass kicked yet
probably will soon enough now that hes got exposure and the women has guyfriends/bfs that are on the look out
Old 03-11-2015, 06:14 AM   #40
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts

I lol'd
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:03 AM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidPenguin View Post
Hahaha, get off your high horse. Youre as much of a joke as dirty stache Jan

You're clueless!
Old 03-11-2015, 07:26 AM   #42
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
I gotta give him props for being a good businessman. Just goes to show that there are plenty of beta guys in Vancouver with enough money to burn on "classes" on picking up...

That is what this is, business. Mike Schwartz and Vancity Buzz do not want to put out good info and content, they just publish anything, no matter how negative, shitty, or pandering, simply to get more attention and more clicks.

Quote:
honestly, I am no Casanova but I don't see why people try to make it into such a science.

There are absolutely certain ways to attract women easier and I've used every trick in the book. It comes down to the type of person you are.

Nowadays, I can't even use online dating because of how disingenuous it is to window shop for a girl. Nothing is less organic and natural than browsing profiles where women have posted the one perfect photo of themselves, write a bunch of nonsense that generally isn't true, and the aspects of body language and context in meeting them does nothing to show their character through a monitor. It is just such a shitty way to go through life, waiting for the perfect match rather than going out into the world and possibly experiencing... serendipity!

Quote:
Smile. Be honest, be sincere, dress/groom nice (don't concentrate on brands but rather on fit), look people in the eye and don't wear orange pants with a blonde man bun and you will probably get somewhere. But I guess fools and their money really are soon parted.

What you allude to is establishing yourself in your caste with fitness and clothing that puts you closer to what your idea woman wants. I can understand your POV and it makes sense. Very close to the advice I give men now, too.

I say, if you want a woman that truly can be called your partner and equal, go out into the world and allow the meeting to happen. Do all the things you enjoy in life, do them with gusto, smile, flirt, allow the serendipitous meeting of your future love to occur; it will also be much more satisfying to "randomly" stumble across this person due to your own ability and charm.

Then if you want to keep her, show her your life and the people you affect; when those around you speak glowingly about you, the social concrete is poured to show there is a stable base around your life. You don't even have to do jack shit to impress her as the people she meets in your social circle will be enough to show her that you're a good person and worth her time. Indeed, this is where she really gets hooked on what you've got to offer.

The alternative is to just keep banging, partying, sending flirty texts, keeping girls in that shadowy realm of "dating" where both of your lives are pretty mysteries summed up in text box windows on social media, dressed up with the best photographs you/they post, and your meetings are designed to introduce your genitals while you still try and decipher what motivates the other person. You can do this for years in a relationship and never get to truly know someone until they drive the knife into your back.

TL;DR

Online dating kills serendipity and conditions you to see others as easily disposable
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 08:15 AM   #43
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,782 Times in 2,491 Posts
at first i thought it was a matter of cold vancouver women and reminded me of that movie scene where a woman pepper sprays a guy in the face when he asked for the time or directions...

then i read the article and text messages posted online, greasy as hell...the way he talks and looks, reminds me of that comedian that does that bit "helping mom with computer over the phone"

have to admit the "life of used condoms and abortions" line is quite the zinger...he must have stole it from somewhere...

@meow...i'm surprised you didn't knee him in the balls if he wanked in your hair, sounds like assault was committed on you...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:22 AM   #44
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

If you're dumb enough to fall for this guy's shit, then you are a perfect target for this guy's antics.

Feminists just like to find shit to bitch about
m0shh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:46 AM   #45
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
is that text real!?? unreal.... if it is

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:53 AM   #46
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revs View Post
idiot
idiots gonna idiot
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:54 AM   #47

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
He's a douche, undoubtedly, but I think some people are probably envious that he's been able to make money by acting like a douche. On the other hand, he might be getting publicity now, but if he wants to transition to another industry, his name is pretty much ruined as the Internet never forgets.

If he wasn't Asian with a wimpy voice, would there have been as much outrage? Something to ponder...
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 10:03 AM   #48
I bringith the lowerballerith

ive learned that a well timed eye contact and a shared smile is all you need. makes girls swoon.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:11 AM   #49
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
just be a dick
bitches love dicks

srsly though this ain't even a big deal. I dunno why they're giving this guy so much publicity.
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 12:16 PM   #50

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
just be a huge dick
bitches love huge dicks
Fixed.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote