REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:19 AM   #26
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
If you crashing, you crashing. Don't think I need attendants to tell me how to open the emergency door or how to slide down a slide when everyone's in a mad panic

right, because all crashes are 100% fatal and you're a freaking expert at everything right?
Advertisement

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-13-2015, 09:22 AM   #27
I bringith the lowerballerith

aren't those emergency drills they perform mandatory? Nothing in the article that said this dancing replaced that. She still had a job to do, and I am pretty sure she performed the emergency drills.
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:06 AM   #28
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
It's not a hangup and I never said that having fun means you can't do your job. BUT for example, do you want your doctor to be wisecracking during your mammogram in order to "lighten the situation"?

Do you want a police officer to be doing a jigg just "for the fun of it" when you're reporting that you've been mugged?

The same goes for flight attendants. Their PRIMARY job is to get you on and off the plane safely. It's NOT (as commonly believed) to serve you drinks and to serve as eye candy for you.
In what way are your two examples similar to what's happening here?

Is this flight attendant dancing while the plane is nosediving out of the sky?

Is this flight attendant dancing during an evacuation process where half the plane is on fire?

There doesn't seem to be much context surrounding this video, but there is nothing to suggest that there is anything important happening or should be happening at that time.

Maybe the plane is just waiting on the tarmac for takeoff and all the standard emergency instructions have already been given.

A proper analogy with a police officer would be this:
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2015, 10:08 AM   #29
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teggy604 View Post
aren't those emergency drills they perform mandatory? Nothing in the article that said this dancing replaced that. She still had a job to do, and I am pretty sure she performed the emergency drills.
Exactly. I would find it a bit more reasonable to have a problem with this:

But still, I don't think it's a big deal.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:00 PM   #30
linguistic ninja

I guess it's a matter of personal opinion then.

If you see your flight attendant as a waitress in the sky then it's no big deal.

If you see them as more of a conductor then no, it's not professional.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:07 PM   #31
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
I'm not a shill for Air Canada if that's what you're asking. I'm just merely stating my opinion that if a flight attendant is dancing around and joking it doesn't project an aura of professionalism to me. I don't want my doctor or nurse to start doing stand up when they're triaging patients. She could be the employee of the month for all I care and be trained up the ying-yang in CPR andflight evacuation procedures. But when I see stuff like this online, I just . I also roll my eyes when people compare airline stewardess' attractiveness. And of course certain Asian airlines that hire 19 year olds are always on the top of the list. I mean WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?! It's not like any of you are going to be banging them in the lavatory anytime soon. If the plane having any issues, I'd much rather have that 50 year old veteran that looks like Margaret Thatcher who knows what they're doing.

Flying isn't supposed to be fun or enjoyable (at least any more). It's a bus in the sky at this point in history. Get me to my destination on time, in one piece, and with the least possible discomfort and I'm happy. But then again according to all of you I probably have a stick up my ass for thinking this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:15 PM   #32
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
If you see them as more of a conductor then no, it's not professional.
Huh?

I'm supposed to see my flight attendant like this lady:

EDIT: OHHH Sorry I was confused, I'm supposed to see my flight attendant as a CONDUCTOR:

Yesss, that helps greately. I'm much more at ease now...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:16 PM   #33
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Hmmmmm…

Spoiler!
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2015, 08:17 PM   #34
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
I also roll my eyes when people compare airline stewardess' attractiveness. And of course certain Asian airlines that hire 19 year olds are always on the top of the list. I mean WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?! It's not like any of you are going to be banging them in the lavatory anytime soon. If the plane having any issues, I'd much rather have that 50 year old veteran that looks like Margaret Thatcher who knows what they're doing.
Why are you so bitter? Unless you are some sort of feminazi or a bitter airline stewardess yourself it really doesn't matter... men will be men and men will always "scan" their general surroundings for an attractive female. Just so happens that at 35,000 feet for a 6+ hour flight we will most likely be focused on whether or not the girl serving drinks is cute.

Not to be insensitive, but if the plane is already in the air having issues, I think I would have bigger problems to deal with (such as trying to frantically call my family) than checking out the flight attendant. As long as they know how to give the safety presentation that tells me I'm pretty much SOL anyway in the event of a crash, I couldn't care less. Whether the stewardess "knows what she is doing" makes no difference if we crash on land and I die in a ball of fire or if we crash in the water and I can die slowly of drowning because I don't know how to swim.

On the other 100% of flights I've been on where there are no issues - and air travel still remains the safest mode of transportation, as Superman loves to remind us - of course I would rather be attended to by some 19-25 year old Nammer chick with blonde streaks in a tight pencil skirt with a polite attitude than some bitter and wrinkly 45-year-old lady who pretty much acts like she hates her job.

Say what you want to about political correctness, but as a straight male I'm not going to sit here and lie about my primal instincts for the sake of "being P.C."
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2015, 11:59 PM   #35

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
ok that was pretty good, I can tell that she does have some formal dance training
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #36

She should battle against Kim Sato and see who wins.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:46 PM   #37
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
^ Kim Sato
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:08 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
^ Kim Sato
Ok the name of that flight attendant is Caralee Savage and she's not bad either..

She's a former member of Legacy One: Legacy One

Kim Sato is from Souldiers, which is also well respected dance company: Souldiers // Vancouver Based Dance Company

Old 03-15-2015, 01:30 PM   #39
I subscribe to Revscene

I go on about 50 flights a year and I can tell you west jet attendants are a lot more chipper then air Canada. Their like zombies
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:56 PM   #40
linguistic ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdMedina View Post
Why are you so bitter? Unless you are some sort of feminazi or a bitter airline stewardess yourself it really doesn't matter... men will be men and men will always "scan" their general surroundings for an attractive female. Just so happens that at 35,000 feet for a 6+ hour flight we will most likely be focused on whether or not the girl serving drinks is cute.

Not to be insensitive, but if the plane is already in the air having issues, I think I would have bigger problems to deal with (such as trying to frantically call my family) than checking out the flight attendant. As long as they know how to give the safety presentation that tells me I'm pretty much SOL anyway in the event of a crash, I couldn't care less. Whether the stewardess "knows what she is doing" makes no difference if we crash on land and I die in a ball of fire or if we crash in the water and I can die slowly of drowning because I don't know how to swim.

On the other 100% of flights I've been on where there are no issues - and air travel still remains the safest mode of transportation, as Superman loves to remind us - of course I would rather be attended to by some 19-25 year old Nammer chick with blonde streaks in a tight pencil skirt with a polite attitude than some bitter and wrinkly 45-year-old lady who pretty much acts like she hates her job.

Say what you want to about political correctness, but as a straight male I'm not going to sit here and lie about my primal instincts for the sake of "being P.C."
I'm sorry if your dick gets so little attention on the ground you feel the need for titillation when it's strapped into a flying metal cylinder at 35,000 feet. I don't need your fatalistic bullshit either so please stay off any planes I find myself on.

This post FAILED by:
Old 03-17-2015, 09:16 PM   #41
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Westjet or...
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:34 PM   #42
HELP ME PLS!!!

off topic but I find Cathay or EVA Air has the "best" attendants
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote