REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:19 PM   #1
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
WestJet Flight Attendant does a Uptown Funky dance.

Bruno Mars may be proud of this Westjet flight Attendant showing some funky dance moves just before a flight.

Caralee Savage is one smooth dancer!

-more entertaining than the flight attendants performing those emergency drills.

WestJet flight attendant's dance moves are ridiculously funky - Trending - CBC News

The amazing pre-flight moves of Calgary flight attendant Caralee Savage have gone viral around the world. And it only takes one viewing to see why.

In the short clip, Savage gets down in the aisle to "Uptown Funk," the mega-popular tune from DJ Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars. Her moves are every bit as funky as the track.

The video has been watched more than 1.6 million times since Savage posted it to YouTube on Monday.

“My captain introduced me saying I had a little performance for them and that I’d offer workshops in the air,” Savage writes in the video’s description.

Savage comes by her moves honestly. The West Jet flight attendant is a former member of Calgary-based Legacy One, a non-profit organization that uses urban arts to empower young people.
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2015, 07:23 PM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
WestJet has the coolest flight attendants, they are the only airline that would do this sort of shit.

And that was pretty entertaining...But seriously I hate that song...lol

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:25 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
This song neeeds to dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, along with "Happy". When these songs play on the radio I wanna drive into a ditch. Especially when the stations play them at the exact same time. There's no escape
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 07:29 PM   #4
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
This song neeeds to dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, along with "Happy". When these songs play on the radio I wanna drive into a ditch. Especially when the stations play them at the exact same time. There's no escape
The problem is you still use a radio.. LOL

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 07:30 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
The problem is you still use a radio.. LOL
Sometimes, there's no choice
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 07:32 PM   #6
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
Sometimes, there's no choice

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 11:04 PM   #7
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
The Southwest of Canada.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:13 PM   #8
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
WestJets got a smart business model

Makes a world of a difference when your "employees" actually care

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 01:47 AM   #9
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Put some liquor in it!
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 02:57 AM   #10
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Wow. that's some decent lockin'. She looks like she's just playin around so I'm guessing she's a better locker than that vid.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:44 AM   #11
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
WestJet has the coolest flight attendants, they are the only airline that would do this sort of shit.
There is a line between being cool and professional, WJ F/As are on that line. Most of the time I just want to get on my flight and get to my destination. I think Air Canadas F/A are more professional while WJs are just sometimes too much. I just want to get to my destination, I don't always need to be entertained.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 06:39 AM   #12
N8
I STILL don't get it

Westjet is the best.

$45 upgrade to Plus includes one checked bag, all you can eat and drink (booze).
Old 03-12-2015, 09:16 AM   #13
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
There is a line between being cool and professional, WJ F/As are on that line. Most of the time I just want to get on my flight and get to my destination. I think Air Canadas F/A are more professional while WJs are just sometimes too much. I just want to get to my destination, I don't always need to be entertained.
I can't agree more. If the plane's in distress I'd want a flight attendant who can get me off safely and in one piece. Who gives a flying fuck (excuse the pun) if she can dance or wisecrack over the intercom??

All these "viral videos" are starting to look like another lame marketing gimmick like they do every so often. Seriously in a country this size we only have 2 airline choices?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
I can't agree more. If the plane's in distress I'd want a flight attendant who can get me off safely and in one piece. Who gives a flying fuck (excuse the pun) if she can dance or wisecrack over the intercom??
Have you been given a reason to believe that Air Canada flight attendants would do better than WestJet flight attendants in the event of an emergency?

I can't believe you guys would rather some cold bitch serve you on your plane, and give you the safety briefing, rather than someone who genuinely appears to care, and that appears to be very personable. If this is true, then fine, that's your choice, but keep in mind that there are often children on flights, or people who don't like flying, or get nervous, and this type of stuff does a lot to calm those people, or take their mind off things that they don't want to think about.

Having a little bit of fun to go along with the safety briefing goes a long way to making it more comfortable for those that rather not think about going down in a ball of flames, or having a crash landing in the ocean.

Also keep in mind that this was nothing to do with westjet, this women uploaded this video herself, to her own youtube account.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:59 AM   #15
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Have you been given a reason to believe that Air Canada flight attendants would do better than WestJet flight attendants in the event of an emergency?
Agreed, one doesn't equal the other there is no reason that I'm aware of to believe that one is better then the other when it comes to Safety.

Personally Air Canada is my last choice when choosing a carrier I only fly with them when I have no other choice. The great thing about having multiple options is we can all pick and choose who we want to fly with. It's like food, so subjective we all have different needs, wants and experience and at the end of the day we'll all vote with our wallet.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:43 AM   #16
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Am I the only one who goes through the off topic on Rs and sees " Wesjet Flight Attendant does an *insert singing voice* Uptown funky dance, uptown funky dance " lol

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:50 PM   #17
linguistic ninja

Quote:

I can't believe you guys would rather some cold bitch serve you on your plane, and give you the safety briefing, rather than someone who genuinely appears to care, and that appears to be very personable. If this is true, then fine, that's your choice, but keep in mind that there are often children on flights, or people who don't like flying, or get nervous, and this type of stuff does a lot to calm those people, or take their mind off things that they don't want to think about.

Having a little bit of fun to go along with the safety briefing goes a long way to making it more comfortable for those that rather not think about going down in a ball of flames, or having a crash landing in the ocean.

Also keep in mind that this was nothing to do with westjet, this women uploaded this video herself, to her own youtube account.
I'm not a shill for Air Canada if that's what you're asking. I'm just merely stating my opinion that if a flight attendant is dancing around and joking it doesn't project an aura of professionalism to me. I don't want my doctor or nurse to start doing stand up when they're triaging patients. She could be the employee of the month for all I care and be trained up the ying-yang in CPR andflight evacuation procedures. But when I see stuff like this online, I just . I also roll my eyes when people compare airline stewardess' attractiveness. And of course certain Asian airlines that hire 19 year olds are always on the top of the list. I mean WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?! It's not like any of you are going to be banging them in the lavatory anytime soon. If the plane having any issues, I'd much rather have that 50 year old veteran that looks like Margaret Thatcher who knows what they're doing.

Flying isn't supposed to be fun or enjoyable (at least any more). It's a bus in the sky at this point in history. Get me to my destination on time, in one piece, and with the least possible discomfort and I'm happy. But then again according to all of you I probably have a stick up my ass for thinking this way.

Last edited by CivicBlues; 03-12-2015 at 12:56 PM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2015, 01:02 PM   #18

Quote:
I'm not a shill for Air Canada if that's what you're asking. I'm just merely stating my opinion that if a flight attendant is dancing around and joking it doesn't project an aura of professionalism to me. I don't want my doctor or nurse to start doing stand up when they're triaging patients. She could be the employee of the month for all I care and be trained up the ying-yang in CPR andflight evacuation procedures. But when I see stuff like this online, I just . I also roll my eyes when people compare airline stewardess' attractiveness. And of course certain Asian airlines that hire 19 year olds are always on the top of the list. I mean WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?! It's not like any of you are going to be banging them in the lavatory anytime soon. If the plane having any issues, I'd much rather have that 50 year old veteran that looks like Margaret Thatcher who knows what they're doing.

Flying isn't supposed to be fun or enjoyable (at least any more). It's a bus in the sky at this point in history. Get me to my destination on time, in one piece, and with the least possible discomfort and I'm happy. But then again according to all of you I probably have a stick up my ass for thinking this way.
No we don't think you have a stick up your ass. Although you're making the process of flying somewhere sound remarkably similar to the process of getting a prostate exam. Especially with the line bolded above.

Also given the choice between being served by a perfect 10 model, and a some bitter 50 year old mother of 3. All else relatively equal I'm gonna be picking the perfect 10 model. That goes for wherever I am, restaurants, bars, doctors office, etc.

Sorry but my dick knows no boundaries.

ALSO:

Quote:
It's not like any of you are going to be banging them in the lavatory anytime soon.
Speak for yourself.

This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 01:32 PM   #19
linguistic ninja

Quote:
No we don't think you have a stick up your ass. Although you're making the process of flying somewhere sound remarkably similar to the process of getting a prostate exam. Especially with the line bolded above.

Also given the choice between being served by a perfect 10 model, and a some bitter 50 year old mother of 3. All else relatively equal I'm gonna be picking the perfect 10 model. That goes for wherever I am, restaurants, bars, doctors office, etc.

Sorry but my dick knows no boundaries.

ALSO:

Speak for yourself.
Right, I forgot for a second this was Revscene, where everyone has a 10-inch penis and bangs supermodels all the time.

Of course all else being equal I'd rather have a perfect-10 model provide all services to me, but that's not how the world works now is it? Just going by looks and no other assumptions, would you rather have one or the other peforming your heart bypass (not penis enlargement) surgery?

or

You seem to forget that Flight Attendants similarity have your life in their hands as well. Great if you only see them as waitresses in the sky, I'm sure they'll love it if you tell them that.

Last edited by CivicBlues; 03-12-2015 at 01:47 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 04:39 PM   #20
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Westjet hires a bunch of dumbasses from my experience. I once had some flamboyant crew chief when I was going on vacation who was rude as fuck. The next year while going on another vacation that same crew led by the flamboyant asswipe was staying at my resort while waiting for their next flight. When the girls are off the job they are all stuck up b!tches who are suprisingly ignorant given their jobs in the travel industry, rude towards residents and other tourists, and borderline racists. They don't even know much about Canada. Not to mention when I saw an extremely drunk fat f*ck pissing himself in the resort bar and asked if he was alright, Mr. Flamboyant came up to me freaking out and I asked if he knew the guy and he said he was the pilot and had a flight the next day. WTF?

I know I just described one crew, but from my other experiences (I fly westjet a lot because there aren't many vacation providers in Canada that I'm aware of) a lot of them are asswipes.
Ball.J.Inder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 09:23 PM   #21
I subscribe to Revscene

air canada and west jet needs to hire young attractive ladies
then i'll pay attention to them safety briefings
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2015, 11:07 PM   #22
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Man... reading this thread makes me wonder how do you guys all expect so much from flight attendants.

I never had a problem with flight attendants. They push the carts, they give you the food. Good enough.
I never knew I was supposed to expect to be pampered too and that I was supposed to complain about not getting any special treatment.

Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:46 AM   #23
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
I'm not a shill for Air Canada if that's what you're asking. I'm just merely stating my opinion that if a flight attendant is dancing around and joking it doesn't project an aura of professionalism to me.
Again, there is still nothing to imply that the fun flight attendants are any worse at dealing with the situation in the event of an emergency than the super serious flight attendants.

If it's just your feeling of unease because you perceive it to be a lack of professionalism, maybe that's your own hangup...
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:15 AM   #24
linguistic ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Again, there is still nothing to imply that the fun flight attendants are any worse at dealing with the situation in the event of an emergency than the super serious flight attendants.

If it's just your feeling of unease because you perceive it to be a lack of professionalism, maybe that's your own hangup...
It's not a hangup and I never said that having fun means you can't do your job. BUT for example, do you want your doctor to be wisecracking during your mammogram in order to "lighten the situation"?

Do you want a police officer to be doing a jigg just "for the fun of it" when you're reporting that you've been mugged?

The same goes for flight attendants. Their PRIMARY job is to get you on and off the plane safely. It's NOT (as commonly believed) to serve you drinks and to serve as eye candy for you.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #25
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,327 Times in 5,643 Posts
If you crashing, you crashing. Don't think I need attendants to tell me how to open the emergency door or how to slide down a slide when everyone's in a mad panic
This post FAILED by: