REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 03-12-2015, 01:58 AM   #1
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
chinese style blind date

so a friend ask me to go on one of those chinese style blind dates (aka sheung tai in canto), im not too keen on it but im just helping a friend out

i have not seen a pic of this girl nor do i even know her name, all i know is shes 25 (chinese), an account in canada, she couldnt find a bf in canada & i think shes getting a lot of pressure from her parents for marriage

i have never been to any of this stuff before & have no idea what i should actually do

im not a fan of awkward moment, i also talk too much & have been told that im boring & lame

im not looking to get married anytime soon (or ever), but im afraid she might be looking for that & i have never really rejected anyone before (im always the one getting rejected)

im kinda of lost in the woods i think & not too sure what i should do

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2015, 02:06 AM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Cool story bro

v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 06:32 AM   #3
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
I wouldn't be too worried, it'll be much like talking to a wall
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 07:26 AM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

just go a meet as a friend
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 07:39 AM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

just do man . it will be fun.

you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:06 AM   #6
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Is it like speeding dating?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:49 AM   #7

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
im chinese and i never heard of this, first question is first.. does she have deep pockets?

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2015, 09:26 AM   #8
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Subscribed.

On a more serious note, assuming that the girl is from Mainland China, there is a very good chance that her motivations to do this are exactly as you describe -- she is taking a lot of heat from her parents to get married. A lot of the more traditional thinking Chinese parents still expect their daughters to get married in their early 20's. When it still hasn't happened by 24 or 25, they start laying on the pressure. Inevitably, some of these people cave and get married just for the sake of getting married to appease their parents.

In some cases, if the girl has a very Mainland Chinese style mindset, she will also be quite direct and start asking questions about your job, wealth, earnings, and how you want to get married.

To me, this kind of mindset is just absolutely mind boggling...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:21 AM   #9
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
I wish my friends did stuff like this for me.
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:35 AM   #10
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Are you just worried that you will have to end up paying for dinner and not getting into her pants? j/k

Is this going to happen over a meal or coffee? Like you said you are helping your frd out, just go and make a new frd
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 11:43 AM   #11
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Go into this with some optimism. If you go in with a premeditated mindset to make this a failure, then it's bound to fail.

Take it as a chance to meet someone new and potentially be someone you interact with socially.

I had a blind date where it wasn't quite successful, but she has her network of friends who I became friends with after.

If you're finding the date becoming awkward, it only makes it worse when you focus on it being awkward. Just enjoy what you set out to do that night. If you just plan to have dinner, enjoy you food and pay some attention to her once in a while and entice her to partake in your enjoyment.

At the very least, it builds game. You know which dudes have the most game? The ones that are outgoing, confident and generally don't give a fuck as long as they are happy. Just don't take it too far to become a douche bag.

If you don't take this chance, it's a chance lost at something that could be great and if you keep letting these opportunities slip, you'll grow old one day regretting why you didn't take such chances.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 11:44 AM   #12
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
OP, let PK take your spot.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:40 PM   #13
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Lol... Are you still in your teens? What is the biggest challenge to date that you have taken? Man the fuck up and go see this chick. The worst that can happen is you two depart at the end of the night and never see each other again.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 02:46 PM   #14
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Do it. And remember to report back here with details and pics of girl.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:27 PM   #15
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
First of all you need some confidence... Just go in not giving a fuck, you are helping a friend out which is the most important thing here. Fuck everyone who said you are boring and lame because you are who you are and you don't need people in your life that are telling you that.

Like other's have said go in expecting nothing and have fun with it, talking a lot is better then not saying shit in a awkward silence. Just have fun report back and let us know how it goes!!
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 05:15 PM   #16
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

You agreed so you can help your friend out by going to this date. It feels like you dont want to go. If you dont want to go, just say "no" rather than wasting everybody's time. Physically being present but your mind is elsewehere (or hoping this to not progress) is very half-assed. Be a man and make up your mind to either not go or go with thoughts of a potential relationship
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 08:06 PM   #17
I am Hook'd on RS

Let's go on a practice blind date
hedonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:04 PM   #18
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
why are you guys even helping him out lol. he said in his first post, he's only doing this to help a friend out.

grow some balls man. if you don't like her, just tell her it won't work out and move on. if you do like her, see where it goes. if marriage is too soon for you, then tell her no.

if she's pressured to just marry someone, you will find out sooner than later, which helps you.

whats so hard?
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:18 PM   #19
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
Roofie her and profit
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:14 AM   #20
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
in for post date reports

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:37 AM   #21
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,492 Times in 554 Posts

*washed
8th May 2021 - 30th Sept 2023

'99 SAAB 9-3 (3DR) (5MT) (sold)
'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT)
27th Sept 2015 - 17th Sept 2017

'03 Corolla (4AT)
2009-2020

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2015, 10:48 AM   #22
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Don't talk about yourself much; just ask her a few questions and let her talk about herself. Most women love to talk about themselves. With any luck, she'll think you're a gentleman and ask you on a second date. And at the very least, dress like you care about yourself.

Even if she's looking for marriage and you're not, you could easily have some fun if you play your cards right.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2015, 11:27 AM   #23

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
thanks guys, problem is im terrible on dates & situations like this

also i totally forgot to.mention that her family might be around to meet me aka im meeting EVERYONE, which is my BIGGEST PROBLEM (which i just found out about)

its actually more of him trying.to help me out as im horrible at this

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:34 AM   #24
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2015, 12:06 PM   #25
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
thanks guys, problem is im terrible on dates & situations like this

also i totally forgot to.mention that her family might be around to meet me aka im meeting EVERYONE, which is my BIGGEST PROBLEM (which i just found out about)

its actually more of him trying.to help me out as im horrible at this
LOL that's not really a date then. That's like her family judging to see if you two will marry.

Same thing happen to me. Went to meet gf in China. And of a sudden she said her parents wanted to invite me for lunch@@.

My advice is go in and relax. Be ready for some serious questions but don't give too specific answers (IE how much you make, when do you plan on getting marry, do you have a house...) Try to avoid giving straight answers but don't avoid it.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote