REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-13-2015, 11:41 AM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson suspended

Jeremy Clarkson suspended: BBC apologises to viewers for pulling Top Gear
Friday 13 March 2015

He might be yet to say 'sorry', but the BBC tell disappointed Top Gear viewers 'we do hope you'll understand'
Jeremy Clarkson suspended: BBC apologises to viewers for pulling Top Gear - News - TV & Radio - The Independent

The BBC has apologised to viewers who have complained about Top Gear episodes being postponed following Jeremy Clarkson’s suspension.

The future of the motoring show, co-presented by Richard Hammond and James May, remains in purgatory as Clarkson and the corporation await the results of an investigation into an alleged “fracas” between the presenter and producer Oisin Tymon.

Clarkson, who denies that he threw a punch at Oisin in a row reportedly about a lack of hot food after a day’s filming, has not apologised to fans for the incident.

He is also said to be "intensely relaxed" about the inquiry and is reported to be considering leaving the BBC even if cleared.

The presenter has, however, thanked his supporters – more than 800,000 of whom have signed a petition calling for his reinstatement, and who include Prime Minister David Cameron – telling BBC News: “I am very grateful to everybody.”

The remaining three episodes of the current series of Top Gear have been postponed indefinitely and filming has been suspended.

The BBC said it had "received a wide range of feedback about this and some people have expressed their disappointment or have asked for more information".

It went on: "We do hope you'll understand that we value this reaction, but the investigation is still under way. Until more is known, we're therefore unable to say anything further in response and will not yet be making further statements about the issue.

"We realise you'll be disappointed that we can't respond to you in any more detail but thank you for contacting us."

The apology comes as more details of the corporations’ inquiry into the incident between Clarkson and Oisin have emerged.

The BBC has reportedly not asked any of the staff at the Simonstone Hall Hotel near Hawes in North Yorkshire to give testimony at the investigation which is being led by BBC Scotland director Ken MacQuarrie.

Restaurant manager Robert Scott - who was on duty when the "fracas" occurred - said there had been no contact from the BBC about the inquiry.

“I do not know the BBC’s processes, but I can say that I haven’t been asked to give any evidence or attend their inquiry, and neither have any of the staff here,” he told the Guardian. “They probably just want to keep it among the cast and crew.”

Both Clarkson and Oisin are expected to give their accounts of the events early next week.

It has emerged that it was Clarkson himself who first reported the incident to Danny Cohen, the director of television, on Monday.

The star had reportedly been unhappy at being unable to order a steak at the luxury hotel where the crew were staying after filming.

The Sun and Mirror reported the hotel's chef had gone home by the time they arrived and the stars were offered cold meat platters, although the presenter requested a £21.95 steak.

Clarkson reportedly blamed Mr Tymon for not arranging hot food and described the incident as a “scuffle”. The hotel's general manager then cooked the meal for the star, sources claimed.

The TV personality denies throwing a punch but is understood to have told friends that that there had been some “handbags and pushing” over the incident.

Today a family who also stayed at the hotel reported they had witnessed the “fracas”.

The Ward family from Leeds were excited to be staying at the same hotel as the Top Gear presenters and staff but told Sky News they were shocked when they witnessed the internationally recognisable figure launched into an expletive-ridden tirade.

“He said he hadn't done his job properly, it was ridiculous that there was nothing to eat, obviously there was lots of expletives in between all this, and that he would be losing his job, he would see to it that he would lose his job,” Sue Ward, 54, told a Sky News reporter

The family’s claims appear to directly contradict reports last night that Clarkson felt there was “no bad blood” between the presenter and producer.

Last night Clarkson, who previously made light of the incident to reporters, joking he was “off to the job centre”, changed his Twitter bio to “I am probably a presenter on the BBC2 motoring show, Top Gear”.

Clarkson, who joined Top Gear in 1988, has been embroiled in controversy after controversy and marked himself out as a challenger of political correctness.

Last year alone, he apologised for using the racial slur “n*****” in an un-aired Top Gear segment, and almost sparked a riot in Argentina after he drove a Porsche with the number plate H982 FKL, which was regarded as a deliberate reference to the Falklands War of 1982.

However, his departure from the programme would pose huge challenges for the BBC. It is also not yet clear whether the presenter has any non-compete clauses in his contract, which would restrict him entering into agreements with other broadcasters.
Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-13-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Bring back Clarkson! The petition to bring him back to Top Gear is almost 500,00 signatures:

Petition to reinstate ?Top Gear? reaches nearly half-million signatures - The Globe and Mail

Nearly 450,000 fans from around the world have backed a petition calling for British presenter Jeremy Clarkson to be reinstated to his job hosting the “Top Gear” motoring show after the BBC suspended him following a “fracas” with a producer.

Clarkson, renowned for his outspoken remarks and acerbic attitude towards “political correctness,” was suspended by the BBC on Tuesday, with media reporting that he had thrown a punch at a producer following a row about food.

I’m off the to the job center,” the 54-year-old presenter told reporters on Wednesday before getting into a car outside his home in west London.

Clarkson, a friend of Prime Minister David Cameron, was already on a final warning over accusations last year that he had used racist language while filming the show, the latest in a long line of incidents which had courted criticism.

“He’s been involved in a bit of a dust-up but I don’t think it’s that serious,” co-presenter James May told BBC TV.

“Top Gear,” aired in more than 200 countries and estimated to have a global audience of some 350 million, has become one of the BBC’s most successful and lucrative programs.

In an official statement, the BBC said the show would not be aired this Sunday and the corporation’s news website said it was unlikely the other two remaining episodes would be transmitted.

The Guardian newspaper said that could leave the BBC’s commercial arm, BBC Worldwide, facing a multi-million pound bill from foreign broadcasters for failing to deliver the episodes on time.

Meanwhile an online petition demanding the BBC reinstate Clarkson had attracted 442,610 supporters from all around the globe by Wednesday afternoon.

BBC, give him a second chance. We all make mistakes.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:24 PM   #3
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
It's not a mistake

Clarkson doesn't care, he could retire with loads of money

Topgear will die nicely if he's canned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2015, 12:39 PM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
http://www.revscene.net/forums/69353...thread-16.html
Old 03-13-2015, 02:37 PM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
It's not a mistake

Clarkson doesn't care, he could retire with loads of money

Topgear will die nicely if he's canned
yeah Top Gear USA is just not the same without Clarkson.
Those guys from Top Gear USA kinda piss me off, they think they're funny but they're not.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2015, 02:39 PM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Oh man top gear usa is horrible. I can't stand their personality
Old 03-13-2015, 03:43 PM   #7
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

who cares? The show is just plain boring. Same old scripts applied to slightly different cars with different paint schemes and the presenters are all looking like they are one step away from the grave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMme View Post
Oh man top gear usa is horrible. I can't stand their personality
what "personality"?
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote