REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-13-2015, 04:28 PM   #1
RS controls my life!

Hit a Run Victim hoping to find witness

Hi RS,

HIT & RUN DATE: TUESDAY MARCH 10TH
TIME: APPROX. 1:40-1:45PM
SUSPECT VEHICLE: A RED OR MAROON 4 DOOR SEDAN WITH FRONT BUMPER DAMAGE AND BROKEN HEADLIGHTS
POSSIBLE MAKE: CHEVY OR FORD
AREA: BURNABY, BRYNEPARK WALK, ACROSS FROM GREEN CONDO COMPLEX

Incident: My car got hit and run on Tuesday March 10th at approximately 1:45pm in the Burnaby area of BrynePark. It was parked outside on the street across from the Green Condo complex for those of you familiar with the area its close to the edmonds skytrain station and BC Hydro headquarters. I did not find out about the damage until the morning after (March 11) while heading to my car to get in and go to work.

At first I noticed a note on my windshield and thought I got a ticket but it was a note from a witness who lived across the street (THANK YOU!) and saw the incident from his condo. Unfortunately he was too far away to see the plates but said the car was parked behind me and somehow ended slamming into the back of my vehicle with so much force it ripped off part of his/her own bumper and broke the plastic covers on his/her car headlights.

The assailant then got out of his/her car to take a look at the damage and then proceeded to get in the car and drive off!! (WTF!) This all in the middle of the afternoon There is a elementary school literally steps away and this reckless sack of crap has the nerve to just drive off like that with major damage to his own car! The witness said there were some passer bys in shock but none of them called the police or got the plates of the suspect vehicle (to our knowledge).

I'm posting here just to get the word out if my fellow RS'ers if you can keep an eye out. (Car description above)

I'm on the hook since the police can't do anything if we don't have plates or info on the other driver. This is the first accident on my baby and I had her since new. Sucks that it happened since my wife and I are in the process of buying a home and this unnecessary expense has really set us back and hurt us financially. I went by the body shop today to check out the progress and I'm informed by the shop ICBC will use scrap parts from old TL's to repair my 08 Type S which sucks as I keep my car in pristine condition knowing that it is one of Acura's rare sports sedans now a days.

The shop also told me that I will have to pay partial payments with ICBC for new tires since the tires were f'd up during impact. Can anyone confirm if this is true? I don't think the shop would try and rip me off since its Boyd Body shop and they have a reputable business. It just sucks that I have to fork out more money on top of my detectible.

Some pics below. You can see part of the other cars bumper and plastic fragments from the headlights.

Shoot me a PM if you have any info RS or call/text 604-716-6151!

I know this is a long shot but hey what the heck why not try it out and post here if anyone knows or saw anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2955.jpg (115.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2956.jpg (125.9 KB, 0 views)
Advertisement
red_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:01 PM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Wow... That's a major hit and run. Fucker just took off with such a huge hit? I own a 07 type s and I feel the pain. Hope the moron gets caught.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:03 PM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
Why can't you do anything if you can't find who did it. Your car is insured yes? It was a hit and run yes? Pay your deductible and have it fixed.

But anyways, feel bad for you son damage looks pretty bad..
Old 03-13-2015, 05:21 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Haha those parts aren't "scrap" parts, sure, they might COME from a scrap yard, but those parts are usually 99% as good as new.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:25 PM   #5
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
OMG, that's a lot of damage. Hopefully someone can help you finding the idiot.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:41 PM   #6
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Is it not almost a writeoff? Not gonna be cheap to fix especially since rear quarterpanel of the TL is 1 piece that runs along almost entire side of car.

Hope you find the guy

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:27 PM   #7
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
Hope you find the guy. There's a slim chance that they might report being hit and run as well so let's hope that MAYBE ICBC will put 2 and 2 together. It's happened before

Spoiler!
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:39 AM   #8
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
shit.. that looks like a heavy hit.

Goodluck man. Hope they really catch the asshole who did this.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:53 AM   #9
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,102 Times in 243 Posts
Are there any legible part numbers on the pieces of bumper cover/ headlight lens fragments left behind? It could def help track down the make and model
Datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:05 PM   #10
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
First of all, wow that's horrible! Huge hit.

A few thoughts:

- Ask the witness what way the the car travelled after hitting your car and what time the incident occurred approximately. You might already know what way as it is unlikely the car made a U-Turn. Once you know this much, travel on foot down that route and try to eyeball any video cameras that may be in your line of sight. The sooner you do this the better as most cameras overwrite their data after a period of time.

- Do you have any better photos of the bumper (in the daylight)? Or any of the headlight pieces. Headlight lenses often have imprinted markings on it that indicate the manufacturer of the part etc. It would be more helpful to identify exactly what kind of vehicle hit you. Just in case that party decides to report it to ICBC they could try to cross-reference it against the damage you incurred. Upload something if you can get a better shot.

- I would spend some time around the area. If the car was parked there, it is very likely a resident as there is no commercial stuff in that area. Check any parkades you can. Also keep an eye out for any bodyshop vehicles.

Hopefully you have some luck finding the person. That is some serious damage and would require some really poor vehicle control for it to happen. What an idiot.

Kev
Old 03-14-2015, 12:18 PM   #11
I STILL don't get it

Regarding the partial payment for the tires, Boyd is correct. Fastrack warned me about the same thing until the other party was deemed 100% at fault.

Basically, this is what Fastrack told me:
If you are partially at fault, ICBC will only pay for the value of your tire. This means that if your tire is brand new at 10/32nds and there's only 6/32nds left, they will only pay 50% (remember, it's considered worn out at 2/32nds, so you only have 8/32nd's from 100% to 0%). Unfortunately since you can't just buy an equivalently worn tire, the replacement must be new and ICBC would pay for what's left of your old tire and you would pay for the "used up" part of the tire.

Quote:
SUSPECT VEHICLE: A RED OR MAROON 4 DOOR SEDAN WITH FRONT BUMPER DAMAGE AND BROKEN HEADLIGHTS
POSSIBLE MAKE: CHEVY OR FORD
Wow. That situation sounds VERY similar to mine. My winter beater got hit and run parked at home near Rupert/1st. My side mirror got completely ripped off. My neighbour saw, but they were two houses away and too far to see plates. Driver got out of their car, assessed damage, threw my side mirror onto the side walk and drove off. The driver was an older male, maroon car. A big chunk of their side mirror was also left behind and it was identified to be an early 2000s Ford Focus. A replacement mirror for me was only 20 bucks so I didn't make a big deal about it, but I seriously hope this isn't the same guy.

Hope it helps...
entrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:36 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
holy fuck that is a lot of damage from a parked car behind you. did the guy do a launch? hope the guy gets caught and gets fined as well.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:53 PM   #13
RS controls my life!

Thanks for the support guys.

Going to call around some body shops if anything turns up. Some good suggestions Roach I'm going to looking deeper in to it.
red_2 is offline   Reply With Quote