REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:00 AM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
What is Military Police?

So what's the difference between Military Police compare to Vancouver Police, RCMP, etc?

Do they still follow the same civilian law? What's the difference?
Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:23 AM   #2
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

In Canada there isn't really a difference other than the fact that MP's are also soldiers. They have the power to arrest civilians when it is a crime related to Department of Nat'l Defence property. Basically they are like any other police but they work in military bases, they punish soldiers who commit crimes on base whether it is criminal or regulation offenses. A lot of them have the same background as civilian police and retire to join civilian police departments/agencies like the RCMP.
Ball.J.Inder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2015, 02:49 AM   #3
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Beyond the above Skidmark's website has this blurb:

Military Police Powers | DriveSmartBC

Quote:
What powers do military police have to enforce traffic laws?

Every once in a while someone asks me a question that I am just not prepared for. This is one of them, so I went directly to the experts and consulted the Military Police at CFB Comox.

The Military Police have peace officer status with regard to Canadian Forces personnel at all times and all places. In addition, they have jurisdiction over all civilians when the civilian is on a Defence Establishment. A Defence Establishment is any area under the control of the Minister of Defence.

Ultimately, you could receive a traffic ticket from the Military Police for an infraction of the Motor Vehicle Act while on military property, but not when you are driving elsewhere in the province.

There are a number of driving offences in the Criminal Code of Canada, such as impaired, prohibited and dangerous driving or criminal negligence in the operation of a motor vehicle.

In these cases, the Military Police will alert the civilian police having jurisdiction and maintain surveillance until the civilian police can arrive and take over. If the situation is serious enough, the Military Police will take action in the form of a "citizen's arrest" and turn the offender over when civillian police arrive.

Yes, you have to stop for the Military Police. The definition of emergency vehicle in the Motor Vehicle Act includes a vehicle driven by a member of the police branch of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces in the discharge of his or her duty.
Aka if you're drunk driving or something an MP can pull you over and detain you until a VPD/RCMP member arrives to deal with you.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2015, 03:36 AM   #4
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
I can only imagine the PTSD CharlesinCharge would have if a MP pulled him over in the city.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2015, 11:26 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

red beret with military attire.. from my time in the forces
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:20 PM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post
red beret with military attire.. from my time in the forces
Meat heads
Tr1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:35 AM   #7
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

And they like to pull people over on base for doing 3km/h over the limit...from experience. They aren't good for much else
Krayzie135 is offline   Reply With Quote