REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 01-25-2016, 08:31 PM   #26
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
wow, night and day difference.....second episode was soooo much better
Advertisement
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2016, 09:35 PM   #27
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
i seen they had a prelude to why he joined X-files....
Spoiler!
Old 01-25-2016, 09:45 PM   #28
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
i seen they had a prelude to why he joined X-files....
Spoiler!
Mulder started the X-Files because he witnessed his sister being abducted when they were kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:36 AM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I never watch the original series but I did watch the first two episodes of the relaunch. It wasn't bad but I do agree with some of the other comments it jumps around a lot with no real transition between present and past.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2016, 07:44 AM   #30
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil View Post
wow, night and day difference.....second episode was soooo much better
I agree, yesterdays episode was WAY better.. It's funny watching the opening it so felt like fridge and when Scully was doing the autopsy was feeling like Bones.. I started laughing because of course X-Flies paved the way for all of these shows but damn it feels so good to be watching it again!!
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2016, 11:40 AM   #31
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Episode two was great!

It's a good thing that CTV is showing X-Files. You can always watch episodes on CTV.ca in case you miss one.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:36 PM   #32
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
agreed 2nd episode was like a night and day difference

shame its monster of the week although it was well done, don't get me wrong I like the monster of the week eps, but with only 6 episodes I was hoping they would stick to the main storyline
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:10 PM   #33
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Are these 6 episodes just a pilot feeler? Or is this just a limited release no matter what?
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:33 PM   #34
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil View Post
Are these 6 episodes just a pilot feeler? Or is this just a limited release no matter what?
Chris Carter said if the ratings are fantastic it is possible they might make more episodes.. All depends if David and Gillian would want to sign on for more
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2016, 08:40 PM   #35
In RS I Trust

I loved this weeks episode, typical fun monster of the week with tons of funny moments.. Mulders ring tone was awesome and the stoners from the beginning played stoners in a couple episodes from 20 years ago.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:47 PM   #36
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Is it just me or is Scully pretty freaggin hot! Aged so well
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2016, 09:13 PM   #37

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
i'll try to give ep 3 a try...really wasn't feelin' 1 & 2...I really don't think freak of the week is my thing any more...feels outdated. As for scully/mulder they're feeling pretty flat compared to the dynamics in Fringe which is practically influenced by x-files (lance Reddick, leonard nimoy, john noble just kills it). Hope we'll see more of the smoking man.

if anything it's been fun trying to id local spots on the set...downtown/bcit/ubc
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:57 PM   #38

Given it's a six-episode deal, I'd expect it all to tie together in the end somehow.
Quote:
Old 02-02-2016, 01:06 AM   #39
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
It was a funny episode! cool seeing Tyler Labine reprise his stoner role

mmm scully
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:59 AM   #40
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Given it's a six-episode deal, I'd expect it all to tie together in the end somehow.
The first and 6th episode tie in together and the other 4 are just their own story lines.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:17 AM   #41
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I don't care what the reviews say, I'm really enjoying all of the episodes very much. Ties in well, and they're great IMO
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #42
In RS I Trust

This is what makes last nights episode so good

http://www.vulture.com/2016/02/x-fil...emonster.html#

Quote:

More than most, the latest episode of The X-Files ("Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster," written and directed by Darin Morgan) is filled to the brim with Easter eggs, callback characters, and other assorted references. We've attempted to gather as many of these as possible; fellow Philes, call out any we missed in the comments.

The two paint-huffing stoners (Tyler Labine and Nicole Parker Smith) in the teaser sequence previously appeared in a pair of season-three X-Files episodes: "War of the Coprophages" (also written by Morgan) and "Quagmire" (which Morgan did an uncredited rewrite on). "Do you ever think life is so amazing," one of them asks, "that maybe we shouldn't waste it by getting high all the time?" And more paint-huffing ensues. It's nice to see that, much like Mulder and Scully, time hasn't changed the two of them that much.

Mulder and pencils. Usually he throws them into the ceiling (the first episode where that happened was the killer-doll episode "Chinga," from season five, co-written by Stephen King). Here, Mulder throws his No. 2s like darts at the ever-present "I Want to Believe" one-sheet. "Mulder," says Scully, "what are you doing to my poster?" Glad she had a replacement after Mulder kicked and ripped another one in the season-ten premiere.

How Mulder dies. In their initial survey of the murder scene, Mulder remarks about how one of the victims might have taken a midnight stroll in the nude and been attacked by a wolf, a lion, and a bear all at the same time. "That's how I'd like to go out," says Mulder, clearly forgetting that in the Darin Morgan–penned season-three episode "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose," the title character played by Peter Boyle (a semi-psychic who can predict how people are going to die) said the agent's life would end as a result of "autoerotic asphyxiation." Typical Mulder — always forgetting the important stuff.

How Scully dies. Speaking of "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose," that was also the episode in which the Boyle character predicted Scully's demise: "How do I die?" she asks. Bruckman responds, with a gentle grin, "You don't." Hence Scully's "You forget … I'm immortal" quip to Mulder in this episode.

Porta Potties. The agents first come across Guy Mann (Rhys Darby) in a Porta Potty, which I like to think is a reference to a scene in the classic season-two episode "The Host" in which the sewage-dwelling Flukeman hides in a similar cartable toilet. And the guy who played the Flukeman? Darin Morgan, of course.

Guy Mann's human wardrobe is the same as Darren McGavin's character from the 1970s TV series Kolchak: The Night Stalker, which Chris Carter cites as a primary influence on The X-Files.

Alex Diakun. The peeping-tom motel owner is played by Canadian character actor Alex Diakun, who appeared in three prior Morgan-scripted X-Files episodes ("Humbug," "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose," and "Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'"), as well as in Morgan's season-two Millennium episode "Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me." He also shows up in another Millennium installment, the Chris Carter–penned "Lamentation," from season one. And he's the head-transplanting lead physician in the second X-Files movie, I Want to Believe (2008).

The red Speedo. When the motel owner peeps into Mulder's room, he sees the agent sleeping in the infamous red Speedo from the season-two mythology episode, "Duane Barry," which set so many viewer mouths to “drool.”

The graveyard sequence is especially dense with references. Mulder approaches, and lovingly touches, a tombstone engraved with the name of the late Kim Manners, the director who helmed the most X-Files episodes (52 in total), from his season-two debut ("Die Hand Die Verletzt") to the season-nine series finale ("The Truth"). The epigraph on the stone, "Let’s kick it in the ass," was a frequent Manners saying.

Jack Hardy. The tombstone Guy Mann is standing in front of is for the late Jack Hardy, an assistant director on two Chris Carter series — Millennium and The Lone Gunmen. He held the same position on the second X-Files movie, I Want to Believe. Julie Ng, who is working on the behind-the-scenes features for the season-ten X-Files Blu-ray, told me that Hardy was an especially beloved member of the Vancouver film community.

Mulder’s ringtone. After Mulder drinks himself into a stupor in the graveyard, he's woken up by his ringtone — the X-Files theme song, composed by Mark Snow.

Daggoo! Finally, we need to talk about Daggoo, the cute canine Guy Mann adopts and Scully later sneaks out of the animal shelter. This continues Morgan's trend of referencing Herman Melville's time-honored Moby-Dick. In the novel, Daggoo is one of the harpooneers on the Pequod, the ship captained by the tyrannical Ahab. In one of the Morgan-ghostwritten scenes for season three's "Quagmire," Scully likens Mulder to Ahab, and compares the agent's quixotic quest to Ahab's obsessive search for the great white whale. It's also in that episode that Scully's pet Pomeranian, Queequeg, who is introduced in "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose," is eaten by an alligator. Queequeg is another character in Moby-Dick — a harpooneer on the Pequod and good friend to the novel's narrator, Ishmael. And as we found out in the season-one episode "Beyond the Sea" (co-written by Morgan's brother Glen), Scully was often referred to as "Starbuck" by her father — Starbuck being the Pequod's chief mate. No surprise Scully feels an immediate connection to Daggoo beyond his sheer adorableness.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2016, 08:03 PM   #43
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
What an awesome season finale!
Old 02-22-2016, 08:34 PM   #44
In RS I Trust

it was fricken fantastic and thats the X-Files I grew to love, I guess it looks like they are doing another season now.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:47 PM   #45
Rs has made me the man i am today!

A lot of scathing reviews for the last 2 episodes, but personally, I really liked it! Highlight of the season was definitely Scully's struggle with her relationships and the "abandonment" of their son
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:39 PM   #46

Quote: