REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Steve Nash Gym Recommendation (https://www.revscene.net/forums/702462-steve-nash-gym-recommendation.html)

Chii 03-25-2015 08:04 PM

Steve Nash Gym Recommendation

Hi all, just signed up for the 7 days free Steve Nash trial pass. Planning to check out tomorrow. Wondering who is currently a Steve Nash member, at which location, and what kind of exercise/fitness workout do you recommend for a female when going into the facility?

chin3se604 03-25-2015 08:33 PM

If you're from Richmond, I recommend trying out the Steve Nash Sports Club on St Edwards Dr. As for exercises, youtube or google can be very informative.

Jaffray 03-25-2015 09:18 PM

Google and Youtube are your friend. :toot:

Sentinel 03-27-2015 10:18 PM

Richmond Sports Club is good for the most part. There are a few machines that are busted right now, otherwise everything else is nice and in working order. Parking is pretty easy. Doesn't have a ladies only section.

Brentwood, same as above but has a ladies only section. Parking is limited.

Kingsway(by metro), this one sucks. Kits isn't too bad.

Pretty much the fitness worlds will have older equipment. Whereas the sports clubs will have newer ones.

hchang 03-27-2015 10:54 PM

I've been going to the Richmond Sports Club for the last handful of years all the equipment is fairly new and gym kept clean.

My pet peeve is when their machines are broken it takes them forever to get them fixed. Right now I think 2-3 is busted. Not sure about the ladies side but there were a few months when a bunch of men's showers were broken. They all work now

I believe Richmond location is the only one with hot tub swimming pool sauna and steam room

As for exercises and stuff right now they're giving away free personal training session, not sure if you have to be a member or not but im sure if you push they'll give you a free session to "enhance" your trial

spideyv2 04-06-2015 05:10 PM

The men's weight room at Fitness World Kingsway is garbage. Kits and Richmond are the best, IMO

jrome169 04-21-2015 09:42 AM

The Richmond gym always has broken equipment and they don't have towel service like the Steve Nash downtown does

racerman88 04-21-2015 12:51 PM

Only the Steve Nash fitness clubs provide towel service. The older locations are a lower level as I was told.

iHeat 04-28-2015 06:54 PM

they're not classified as levels anymore i think its either premium which gives you access to all the gyms other then the granville sports club with towel service which is premium class

z3german 04-28-2015 09:14 PM

Richmond by st edwards is pretty good, lots of dumbasses who dont know how to put away weights though and there isnt a lady only area. I dont like that there is like 3 different areas in which dumbasses can leave behind weights, so sometimes you have to walk to the other side of the gym to find your damn second 25lb dumbell. Layout of the gym makes it so there are like 4 distinct areas where you cant really see to the next area. They have a pool and way nicer bathrooms than the other location.

I actually prefer the people and gym @ Richmond (Westminster?) location. Used to be razer gym.
The layout of the gym I think makes more sense, and the ladies area is upstairs which I think is kept in pretty decent condition with enough machines and weights. Plus they have 2 heavy bags, which is a great cardio sesh if you want to add more variation to your cardio! The layout makes it easier to spot weights that were not put back, and you can scan the entire weight area easily if you are waiting for a specific bench or something. The people I find are nicer, less douchebags (no douchebags?) compared to st edwards, but I guess its because st edwards is closer to brown town so the brown "gangstas" all turn up there. The serious people in the westminister gym in my experience are all down to earth guys, looking like they care about their fitness rather than care about how they look.

trollguy 04-29-2015 09:58 AM

after nash took over razor, the place sucked. it didnt have the "raw warehouse" feeling anymore.

a lot of guys/gals from razor left as a result- a few regulars from there are now at the saint edwards location (myself incldued).

i dont encounter douchebags at all at saint edwards. the only one douche who was there was banned.

unless i am douchebag.. :lol: shit.

also not sure about these "gangstas" you speak of as well. the majority of the brown people there are super friendly or keep to themselves

spideyv2 06-14-2015 10:45 AM

The Steve Nash Westminster location has a heavy bag?

pastarocket 06-14-2015 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chii (Post 8615185)
Hi all, just signed up for the 7 days free Steve Nash trial pass. Planning to check out tomorrow. Wondering who is currently a Steve Nash member, at which location, and what kind of exercise/fitness workout do you recommend for a female when going into the facility?

I have membership at the Nash gym on Lougheed Highway near Brentwood Mall. It does have a "women's only" section.

Have you thought about going to the group fitness classes? The instructors at that gym teach "cardio workout" classes that involve free weights. -sort of like step aerobics.

TRX Suspension cable training exercises:

Girls do these exercises all the time at this gym.

If you're looking for a higher intensity workout, I recommend this exercise.
Battle Ropes. I do these rope exercises to get stronger arms, shoulders, and biceps.

A great workout to improve your conditioning. Guys and girls do this rope workout at this gym location:

-alternating wave rope
-In and Out wave
-Waves (double arm)

trollguy 06-15-2015 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 8648006)
The Steve Nash Westminster location has a heavy bag?

yes, in the crossfit area thign

Derrickk 06-21-2015 02:19 PM

Steve Nash lougheed is new but sucks