REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Restuarant venue for a private reception (https://www.revscene.net/forums/702499-restuarant-venue-private-reception.html)

SeanJohn 03-27-2015 08:13 PM

Restuarant venue for a private reception

Hey everyone, I'm planning a private stand-up reception for 30-40 people with a budget of $30-40 per person. It'd be better if that price includes at least a drink but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Anyways, I looked a a few options such as the usual chain and/or downtown restaurants and so far Blue Water Cafe is looking like a good option. I got most of my ideas from this article:
Vancouver Large Party Restaurant Guide | BCLiving

I'm open to any ideas or recommendations though. Thanks yo.

SoNaRWaVe 03-27-2015 09:13 PM

if the weather gets better, i would suggest the teahouse in stanley park.

https://www.vancouverdine.com/private-events

their smaller room can fit 40 people. only thing is, parking would be an added expense for your guests.

Marshall Placid 03-27-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanJohn (Post 8616203)
Hey everyone, I'm planning a private reception for 30-40 people with a budget of $30-40 per person. It'd be better if that price includes at least a drink but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Anyways, I looked a a few options such as the usual chain and/or downtown restaurants and so far Blue Water Cafe is looking like a good option. I got most of my ideas from this article:
Vancouver Large Party Restaurant Guide | BCLiving

I'm open to any ideas or recommendations though. Thanks yo.

Blue Water Cafe is a great option, but it will be $40 to $55 for the whole course of appy + entree + dessert and add in another $10+ for drinks.

You can do $30 to $40 for appy + entree (excluding tax + tips) at Blue Water.

The private room they have is great though and has 2 projection screens and one projector if you want to do some presentations, and it is VERY private.

You can make the room (Pacific room) very bright or very dark, so that is an added plus.

A lot of private rooms in other restaurants are very dim (for eating) or for stand-up speeches, etc.

Book ahead!

And Good luck!

6793026 03-28-2015 09:52 AM

black and blue, second or third floor, there are two rooms, we had 15 once and the other side had another room with a projector that could easily fit 30

SeanJohn 03-28-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall Placid (Post 8616263)
Blue Water Cafe is a great option, but it will be $40 to $55 for the whole course of appy + entree + dessert and add in another $10+ for drinks.

You can do $30 to $40 for appy + entree (excluding tax + tips) at Blue Water.

The private room they have is great though and has 2 projection screens and one projector if you want to do some presentations, and it is VERY private.

You can make the room (Pacific room) very bright or very dark, so that is an added plus.

A lot of private rooms in other restaurants are very dim (for eating) or for stand-up speeches, etc.

Book ahead!

And Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback. I forgot to mention that this would be a standing reception only and not a sit down set menu type deal. I'd make use of the projection screens as well so that's good to know.

VERY private, eh? If only walls could talk haha!

xXSupa 03-29-2015 08:29 PM

Don't know how formal your event is, but if it's not super formal, I'd recommend checking out Steamworks, by Waterfront Stn. They have a nice private room with a private bar and all. Fits up to 60.

I booked a 3-course meal, sit down set menu style for only $32 per person. I'd assume a stand up reception should be a bit less than that.

6793026 03-29-2015 10:21 PM

irish heather back room ain't bad either.

cho 03-30-2015 01:47 AM

i work at cactus club at english bay
people rent out the upstairs of the restaurant and do whatever they would like

SeanJohn 03-30-2015 09:05 PM

Great ideas guys, I'm definitely getting a lot of good ideas. Cactus club might be an option for the view, thanks @cho

cho 03-31-2015 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanJohn (Post 8617491)
Great ideas guys, I'm definitely getting a lot of good ideas. Cactus club might be an option for the view, thanks @cho

pm me and i can help you out