REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Office Chairs? Whats the Best? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/702561-office-chairs-whats-best.html)

RickyTan3 03-30-2015 08:25 PM

Office Chairs? Whats the Best?

Been hunting for office chairs for a while and haven't found much info or places in vancouver.

Whats the best ergonomic chair?
sitting on my ass 14 hours a day on crappy chairs killing me.

Seen some Lafer chairs and Stressless.

Really liked the Lafer bought have to buy multiple... at 3k each thats steep.

Any revscene hookup?

R&R 03-30-2015 08:55 PM

DXRACER :fuckyea:

sdubfid 03-30-2015 09:01 PM

Find your favorite car seat, mount some arm rests and wheels and bobs your uncle. Way better than any office crap you can buy. Even rig up the shift knob to adjust your height.

knight604 03-30-2015 09:16 PM

Aeron from Herman miller

trancehead 03-30-2015 09:32 PM

Yup, Aeron
~500 is a good deal on CL. lots of tech companies will sell them due to office restrictions

saw a couple for less than 400 at times. if u ever see that, drop what ur doing and man the phone

They retail for 1000+ tax and up. Lot of configurations can make it really expensive

worth it. ive tried working with shitty chairs before, it kills your productivity if you are always in pain.

RickyTan3 03-30-2015 09:54 PM

is there a place I can try them out first?
edit:
found some locations, time to bargain hunt tomorrow.

knight604 03-30-2015 10:19 PM

I can sit in the Aeron for like 24 hours and it won't hurt a bit , fucking love this chair.

hypediss 03-30-2015 10:21 PM

herman miller embody

lowside67 03-30-2015 10:24 PM

It doesn't have the cachet of a Herman Miller, but after trying about 50 chairs, I ended up buying this from Staples. It's comfortable like crazy and I also really like the way it looks, in person I think it looks even better.

La-Z-Boy Ellison Manager's High-Back Center Pivot Chair, Black | StaplesŪ

Hehe 03-30-2015 10:58 PM

I have gone through pretty much every premium ergonomic chairs out there and I'd only recommend a chair with headrest if you are like me who spend over 10hrs on the chair every time I sit down.

So, teknion contessa or humanscale freedom.

Herman miller are good for sitting up long time. But when I try to lean back to think or rest my eyes, there is nothing there. A premium seat like these could last you 10+ years. And it should given the price. Take everything into consideration

RickyTan3 03-30-2015 11:15 PM

looking at the herman embody, try it out tomorrow and grab 1.
the head rest thing though.....

Herman Miller Aeron, Blow Out Sale !

This has the aero chairs cheap if anyone wanting it.

asian_XL 03-31-2015 02:12 AM

what do you do in that 14 hrs? using computer, talking, writing, call center?
our office have different chairs for different type of jobs.

StylinRed 03-31-2015 04:38 AM

i like the HM Embody

the Steelcase Leap is pretty good too plus it's 2/3 the price of a HM
i had bought an Embody for my father but he wanted another Leap, so i ended up with an Embody for my home office, even though i'm on my laptop/couch most of the time

http://www.steelcase.com/products/lounge-seating/leap/

stewie 03-31-2015 05:16 AM

I don't know if this will help you much, but there's an office shop in burnaby that sells used wholesale office furniture thats only in gooooooood condition. similar to that liquidator guy, this place buys strictly office furniture. my work just bought 9 chairs last month, and I got a 600$ chair down to 75$ asking price (i looked it up when i first got it, i'll have to update this to tell you the name of the chair), but i can sit in it all day at work and not complain or re adjust my ass every 15 minutes.

the office shop

its really hit or miss, good shit comes and goes

Reeyal 03-31-2015 05:37 AM

I have an Herman Miller Aeron chair. One of the better chairs out there. :chairdance:

waddy41 03-31-2015 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reeyal (Post 8617604)
I have an Herman Miller Aeron chair. One of the better chairs out there. :chairdance:

Have this at work...it's awesome

winson604 03-31-2015 07:13 AM

Just don't get the Mirra by Herman Miller. We use them at work and I hate them. Not comfy at all imo.

Jer3 03-31-2015 08:22 AM

ikea markus is good if your not willing to drop the big money for a herman miller.

FerrariEnzo 03-31-2015 11:48 AM

any good mesh chairs under $200?

Purely 03-31-2015 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R&R (Post 8617483)
DXRACER :fuckyea:

How are they? I noticed a lot of gamers actually use them (not sure if they're sponsored or not though)..

R&R 03-31-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gYU (Post 8617807)
How are they? I noticed a lot of gamers actually use them (not sure if they're sponsored or not though)..

Pretty comfy but make you sure spend that extra 100 bucks on the leather, way better than the fabric and if you're tall get the XL version as the seat is small for the regular version

StylinRed 03-31-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jer3 (Post 8617657)
ikea markus is good if your not willing to drop the big money for a herman miller.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo (Post 8617766)
any good mesh chairs under $200?

the ikea markus, iirc, is mesh and they give you some fabric to stretch across the back rest and it gets rated quite approvingly
my friend bought one for his office and there was an out of box one at ikea for like $150

RickyTan3 03-31-2015 06:58 PM

tried them out. Aeron was super comfy.
just missing a headrest....

madisonseating has it cheaper with headrest but waiting is a bitch.

anyone have experience with their shipping and duties?

whitev70r 03-31-2015 07:04 PM

What is with the new style of mesh back chairs? I sat on one and felt there was no support what so ever and am worried that the fabric will eventually stretch out and lose any tension that it has. I thought you were suppose to have a chair with firm support for the back?

lines 04-01-2015 09:10 AM

HM Embody. If you can wait hold out for a HM sale these run a couple times a year and can save you at least 20%.

I ordered one through LivingSpace's website that allows you to custom build the chair with the features you want. Also at the time if you ordered via thier website and not in store you get free delivery.

Aerons are nice too and come in different sizes (s,m,l). The pricing defends on the features you purchase - such as different wheels (carpet or hardwood or both). The $500 ones you see online are usually the base models - which might not be the size/configure of what you need.

Find a store in your area that sells them and go in and sit in the chairs and see what size fits your frame. I wanted to get an Aeron but found that the Embody was more comfortable for the way I sit and my height.

I have had my Embody for a least a couple of years and don't regret paying over $1500. I went for the build/components/colours I really wanted so the price was quite a bit higher then the base. At the time I was pretty concerned about spending that kind of money on a chair. I read a lot of reviews online and waited for a sale. Seems like a crazy amount of money for a chair but when I go through periods of really long working hours I am really grateful I did. I don't get lower back pains anymore and don't have to spend money on fixing my back.